Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Bi-monthly Themed Photo Contest: "It's all about the road!"

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Bi-monthly Themed Photo Contest: "It's all about the road!"

Who would have thought a 1st time submission would take a win, but BAM! Leprechaun93 hit the track hard with his awesome picture and took home a big win! Nicely played you old sandbagger Keane, now that he is in the Winners Circle his task was to come up with our new photo contest theme.

His submission for the new theme is "It's all about the road"

There have to be a few roads in your area that just cry out "Driver fun to be had here" You know the road he's referring to, that double switchback or the crazy hard inclines or perhaps that one really endless straight away on the back country road or the lazy road through the park or heck go to Lovers Lane and shoot a few photo's. Find some roads that are made for driving and would be a ton of fun. Winding mountain roads, long straights. Lets find one the last few days we have before the cold winter weather starts chipping away at fall to get your Monte out and make a memory with it. I bet there are some beautiful places to be found with all the leaves changing and such.

So the rules are your Monte has to be pictured on or alongside a road, trail in hopefully a creative manner. You may already have that picture on your computer as the picture can be up to 3 months old. Scratch your head and dig into your pics or make a few new ones. All submissions must be in by this Saturday the 10th of October midnight PST. We can only take 10 submissions so lets not straggle behind and not be able to get in that million dollar shot. Remember the winning photo gets added to the MCF's permanent thread displaying all the winning contest photo's. It's really starting to look pretty cool.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PICTURES TO THIS THREAD, Thank you

Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default My personal dragstrip!! :)

Here is my submission for the contest. This was taken tonight at the beginning of what I call my "personal dragstrip". 4 miles of straight good road with no stop signs!!!

Attached Thumbnails Bi-monthly Themed Photo Contest: "It's all about the road!"-dscn3210.jpg  
Old 10-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Heres my submission, route 97 in Hawks Nest, NY. Its not a long stretch but for a bit its perfectly windy, supposedly quite a few car commercials have been filmed here and you can often find alot of nice cars or bikes running through it.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is the highway I have been driving to work lately. Quite a few S-hooks and inclines to get through. Took my car today, it was to much fun. Our W-bodies are meant for tearing up winding roads.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 10-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Got a little ***** Nelson goin here "On the Road again" ha I have seen so many places along the road that would have made some great photo's but didn't have the Monte Carlo along. But I took this one today,

Attached Thumbnails Bi-monthly Themed Photo Contest: "It's all about the road!"-img_0177a.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 10-08-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: photo
Old 10-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My submission for this one, taken moments ago on my way home from work, nothing too special about this road other than its secluded but right off 2 busy highways and no longer a through road, so you could say its a road less traveked, nice and strait so there's been known to have some drag racing here
Cool morning, Sunrise and the moon felt fitting for a photo op and a quick pull befor I head to bed
Name:  2015-10-09%2007.18.08_zpsftwryqzd.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  296.5 KB

Last edited by Budsjlm; 10-09-2015 at 07:49 AM.