Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Awww Shuzbot!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Awww Shuzbot!

So we took the 05 Altima 3.5 (Boom Hylda) to the trans shop for the 100k mile service. She was shifting a little hard into second gear. Not all the time though. It started around 96k miles. Well, it turns out, she needs a new valve body. $1000 to $1200. Dang Expensive Nissan part is not in our budget. So i was considering doing the 3k mile drive without having the work done. Even though I know that is not wise.
Well, Mo called her parents, who are really looking forward to us moving out there. They are sending the $$$ overnight.
Wow, these are the Best of In-laws! They have bailed us out of a lot of jams in the last 3 years. I don't know how I will ever repay them, but I know I will try! I have too, out of both Pride and Respect! It is Written in "JC's Book of " Resistance would be Futile!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:08 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow! That's cool of them. They want you out there pretty bad!!!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:06 AM

Any father would do that for his daughter, weither she's marrired or not she'll always be his baby girl. (Talking about JC's wife)

Old 03-04-2015, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member

Yes they do. But it was actually her mom who said they will send the $$$. Although her father, who was out at the time of the conversation, had no problem with sending the assistance. I am so greatfull for these folks.
Funny twist to the store is, when Mo and I dated 24 years ago, her parents did not like me. Now they are very appreciative of how I treat Mo and her/our 17 year old daughter.
Yes, they really are looking forward to us getting out there. And I am too. For me it's a chance to put my life on the path I think it should have been on 17 years ago! And I am starting to look forward to the drive. Definitely looking forward to getting away from these East Coast Winters. Out there, for the most part. I can go visit the snow if I want to, and leave it when I'm done.

Last edited by JC Colon; 03-04-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That's great that you have such a good relationship with your in-laws!
It does feel good to finally get on the path on which you think you should be. I changed paths several years ago and I am so happy it happened.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I would do it for my Son-in-law and Daughter

you can't put a monetary value on love

Offer to do something nice for father-in-law during your visit.

Have a memorable visit

Old 03-04-2015, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member

Barb, it is true. When you find your path, and are able to follow it, the feeling is one of fulfillment!
Tad, Ben (Mo's father) has already planed for me to fix The Range in the apartment we will be staying in, the Kitchen Fawcett upstairs, and their Computer. Oversee the installation of their new Cable bundle, then set up a Wi - Fi system for them. And I'm sure there will be other things. But that's one of the purposes for moving out there, to be able to help these folks who are in there 90s.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Glad to hear you have great in laws that will help you guys out with money and car issues like that. Its always nice to have a bit of help now and then especially with owning a car. They can be so expensive.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member

Zach, this is true, and my in laws have been Angels. Our Saturn died, while Mo was driving it. Suddenly lost all compression. And I mean to Zero! $5000 to replace the Motor. We only paid $1300 for the car. Plus for that price, you could buy a whole car. Unfortunately, we didn't have the $$$ to do either. We were doing good Financially. But we were not prepared for this. The car was running fine the day before.
We needed both cars cause we worked in completely opposite directions and had to be at work at the same time.
So her parents told her to find a car in good condition, and when she found the Altima. The paid the $7000 for it. I was at a loss. Could not believe that they had done this, and to this day do not have a way to repay them. I am very Thankful to and for them. And will always be Greatfull.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:43 AM

that's what parents do brother!! mine have saved our butts many times and us our kids!! love is all that matters!! Gods Speed brotha!!