Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Awesome registry cleaning program!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Default Awesome registry cleaning program!!

Man, I was having all kinds of crazy problems with my computer......I was getting a constant pop-up telling me that my registry was damaged blah, blah, blah. I'd have to close like 40-50 windows from that damn thing when I got home from work, it was crazy. Also, my mouse was buggin' out. It's a Creative optical and it would just stop working for like 30 seconds at a time a few times a day. I thought it was the mouse but it worked fine on my boy's computer so I narrowed it down to software or the usb ports. Not only that, but my computer was horrendously slower than normal. I ran Spyware Blaster, Spyware Doctor and SpyBoy Search and Destroy, downloaded and installed McAfee Virus program, and a couple others and even though each found something the other didn't, the problems still persisted[:@] Finally, I came across a program called Abexo and decided to give it a shot. <------That's me now!! No more erratic mouse behavior, no more pop up(have no clue how it was even able to pop-up considering I use FireFox and have NoScript and enabled the pop-up blocker), and my computer is back to normal as far as speed. I highly recommend it, especially since it's FREE!!! And not just for 30 days, it's free PERIOD!!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Default RE: Awesome registry cleaning program!!

I tried it, but the two I loaded only had free five day trials.

Shoot me a link where you downloaded yours please!!!

I hate to be negative regarding McAfee but it along with Norton sucks. In one of my many functions at work I oversee roughly 25 worstations and have found this combination of programs work very well.

Spyware Blaster: Create a restore point with it and make sure you check for updates often. Also make sure you check the box to kill any Active X applications from running.

AVG: I have found even the free edition way better than McAfee and Norton combined.

Trend Micro also has a very good online virus scan called Housecall and other spyware utilities that I've used in the past to get rid of junk.

For really tough bugs I use Hijackthis. Check out www.majorgeeks.com , they post some really cool free stuff all the time.

That being said I like the Abexo registry sweeper and backup tools. I have not quite found the memory defragmenter effective. Maybe only cause I don't really understand it's function.

The bottom line is, it's a game trying to keep up with Spyware these days. What you fix today someone will find a way to get around the road black the next..

Old 04-27-2006, 03:40 PM

when i worked at the dealership, we had to have a bunch of the computers reloaded becaue the used car guys at night were downloading ****, and alot of virus programs...

Old 04-27-2006, 04:11 PM

A car salesman???? Noooooooo!!!!!!!!

lol

Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 PM

Heres the link
http://www.download.com/3001-2094_4-10434887.html?idl=n

Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 AM

i have d/l it and will let you all know how it turns out.