Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

which auto parts store?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default which auto parts store?

i will never go to anything but Advanced auto parts they have always been the best in my city.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: which auto parts store?

WISMER'S AUTO PARTS PLUS!!! thats awesome!!!

i've been in the autozone's and stuff like that down there, and they're booming, but they made a store up here called partsource which is the same thing, and they're a bomb ***they suck!!!*** (i dont want to go into this, lol...but i speak from personal experience)

definetely shop @ wismer's though, any canadian member's looking for a deal i will give you a really good one if your in the area, as for u.s. member's you guyz can buy fairly cheap down there...i can't touch summit prices most of the time either...but i try....

good post

Old 07-28-2007, 02:13 AM

Oreillys I get about a 30% Discount depending on the part. My dads truck shop buys their parts through them. Have had bad experiences at Napa and Autozone, not hatin, just statin.. lol that rhymed. Autozone seems to be more about the looks and have way too much ricer stuff hangin on the wall for me. I like to go to a parts store and see engine blocks on stands, and tools hangin on the wall. My 2 cents

Old 07-28-2007, 06:53 AM

i goto oreillys because their tons cheaper i.e. the tips for my car az didnt have em aa wanted 29 bucks each, oreillys same brand and the bigger tips 7.99 each. not to mention all the tools and guages and stuff they have there. its a car owners paradise

Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a long-time customer of NAPA. (for one my cousin works there and always gives me a price break)
I used to be very good friends with the guy that owned the store. Till he sold out to another owner.

AZ in my area is mostly a joke. The one store had a mexican woman working for them. She always treated me poorly any time I went in and she was working. She cost them business. I have bought many parts from AZ mainly due to the life-time warranty the part carries.

Advanced has got some of my business as there have been times they were the only source for a needed part.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member

30% off of what though?? because 30% off of list is nothing....they can raise list if they want to....i would really like to see if my prices compete with some of theirs down there....if any of you are in an auto parts store down there, price out a brake job for your monte

ie. good front pads
midgrade rotors
good rear pads
mid grade rear rotors
calipers for front and rear

Old 07-28-2007, 07:44 AM

theres 1 napa in town. 30 day warranty on their stuff, cheaper then az and aa but lifetime vs 30 day yeah lol

and josh i want u to price me a set of those ceramic pads, slotted/drilled rotors, and 2 or more piston calipers for my car plz

Old 07-28-2007, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member

ummm...for the warranty thats wierd that napa's only doing a 30 day warranty, because all their products have a minumum 1 year warranty, and the premium stuff has a lifetime warranty on it

Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

ummm...for the warranty thats wierd that napa's only doing a 30 day warranty, because all their products have a minumum 1 year warranty, and the premium stuff has a lifetime warranty on it
thats what i thought but when i bought that IAT valve they told me 30 days

Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 AM

no not off list price, I get the same discount the truck shop does. Its pretty nice. let me find some reciepts and I will tell you.. But its not 30% off list price. The percentage actually varies depending on the part. IF it is something like alternators that they buy more of it will be a bigger discount etc..

Quick Reply: which auto parts store?