Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone into R/C cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Default Anyone into R/C cars?

I am. I have an HPI Rush Evo 18SS.

This is after I drove my car with the body that is above

And the backyard track that my brother and I made over the summer

Old 05-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Anyone into R/C cars?

Used to be heavily! Raced when I was younger and got into fabricating my own stuff a few years back.

I was into wheeling and the r/c stuff went along with it. Built my own chassis with a juggernaut tranny, airplane gear reduction, x-factor axles, beadlocks, and the list goes on.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:14 AM

ok see this is somthing i have wanted to do for alonge just have no clue what to use or where to find the parts and how to's to do it
I want to build a Big truck one that when done would be about 5 foot long with trailer . and also be remote controlled and have the workign lights etc.... I do models for a hobbyshame they are all packed ina box around here some where.
or i would shoot a shot of a few of them.

i have done the lighting to working radios and all kinds of other crap. I at one time had tried to figure out how to make a small compressor to make them beabel to drop to the ground and raise back up all on air power. Never happend .
Could not get it small enough to fit in the model i was useing .

So if ya have plans or information please post it. I would love to do this. I have to figure something out the monte is almost to where i want it and if i dont stop i will be devoriced so ethier way i will have pleanty of time LOL

Old 05-27-2006, 08:41 PM

I have a traxxas REVO with a RB TM323. I have been in the hobbie for about 3 years now. Starts getting expensive after a while but it is great fun. Here are some pics with a couple different bodies.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:39 PM

hope ya don't mind. i did a reedit on your photo. Thought i would let ya see it.

Was bored and photo shop was here and working . So here ya go. Hope it works on here now.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:29 PM

thats werks for me. It took me a couple flips to see everything that was done. The only reason I havn't edited that photo yet was it shows the sign and I know how high that truck fly's. In that pic it was still going up and topped off about a foot taller than the sign. Big air is so much fun with these things. Here is a vid of us messin around a little out in front of the house. I was doing these without hammering on it to the ramp. just imagine fullthrottle all the way.
Revo Backflips

Old 05-28-2006, 09:19 PM

like i said i was bored

LOL
But i also understand the whole hieth deal also

Old 05-29-2006, 03:18 AM

I've been thinking about a revo for a while now. I think that video just made me want one!

Old 05-29-2006, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: bigblok75

I've been thinking about a revo for a while now. I think that video just made me want one!
Yeah they are an awsome truck if ya like being able to totally tune your suspension. I just ordered the new 3.3 and can't wait to wear out that motor so I can see what a big block will do in the extended chassis.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:14 PM

do they make these that look like the Monte carlos?
That would be a fun one to have to LOL
is there a site i can get good info on the RC world?
Not just hype but actually good info on them?

Quick Reply: Anyone into R/C cars?