Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

anyone here into fishing??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default anyone here into fishing??

this is going on here in pittsburgh, along the three rivers, it is freaking awesome!! this tournament is cool? tomorrow is the last day and the rivers here are very tough to fish, you really need to bring your a-game for this! here is the link, hope i get some feedback on members who fish! see ya

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/

i'm following the local guy from union city, pa, dave lefebre, he only had 1 fish today but it was 3lbs 15oz which is good for the rivers they are fishing! please post fishing info if your a fisherman! see ya, and thanks

Old 08-02-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member

one goal in life is to fish lake lake okeechobee florida, it is the home for large mouth bass and also when i was growing up roland martin was the big fisherman in this place! spacedude are you close to it? sorry for the big letters it was a copy and paste thing, see ya

Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
one goal in life is to fish lake lake okeechobee florida, it is the home for large mouth bass and also when i was growing up roland martin was the big fisherman in this place! spacedude are you close to it? sorry for the big letters it was a copy and paste thing, see ya

Pic taken from space
Hi `Chris,No, I have not been , but it's on my dream list 4-Sure.Large Mouth Bass, Crappie & Bluegill's : )I'm not a trophy of sports fisherman, but only fish for food.I don't catch to get a picture or mount on a wall : )I do enjoy fresh water fish, but mostly I fish the ocean.My grandfather was a big fan of Roland Martin.Fishing equipment & bait has skyrocketed in cost : (Thanks for the thread....EnJoyed 4-Sure.Do You Fish ?

Old 08-02-2009, 11:33 AM

I love fishing. We fish for salmon, steelhead, rainbow trout, brook trout, wild red-band trout, browns, mackinaw, mountain white fish, catfish, small and large mouth bass, bluegill/crappie, and dolly varden. Fish from my boat and on the rivers. We do both bait and fly fishing. Mostly catch and release unless we are doing some smoking or catching salmon or steelhead.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Hi Todd,
Sounds like U have some great fishing in your area.
Catching Fish for Food can really cut down on ones FOOD cost $
I can live from the sea, and surrounding plants & fruits.

Do U catch/clean & eat ?
Lately, I've seen too many fisherman here in FLorida, just
fishing for a picture : (

I've met many down here from Canada & have searched the
Web, and they have some great fishing up there.... WoW
Below are on my dream list also : )
I have a very long dream list

Pages: 1 2

Cutthroat Trout Expedition

Experience Alberta's best back country cutthroat trout rivers - an exceptional combination of trout and beautiful scenery!

Hook Yourself a Fish, Guided Fishing Package

Join Reel Angling Adventures for an unforgettable guided fishing trip. Whether fishing at Calling Lake or on the Athabasca River, you’ll remember this trip for years to come.

Taste of Alberta

Indulge in Alberta’s signature foods and beverages. Ride horseback or go fishing, while sampling homemade ranch recipes.

Brown Trout Streams Sampler

Central Alberta offers hundreds of miles of excellent brown trout streams. Enjoy a multi day sampling in Brown Trout Country!

Fishing Fantasy

Award winning Get Hooked Fishing Adventures teams with the Fantasyland Hotel and West Edmonton Mall, the greatest indoor show on earth, in this best of both worlds package.

Brook Trout Heaven

Named the world's best trophy brook trout destination by Fly Fisherman Magazine, enjoy all the perks of Fortress Lake Retreat, true rustic luxury in a fly in destination!

Southern Alberta's World Famous Bow River

A day drifting the Bow River is one of the most rewarding experiences a fly fisherman can have. At Hanson’s, we take every step to make your day enjoyable.

Weekend Recreation on the River

Experience a peaceful day of paddling, then an exciting day of jet boating while fishing down the historic and scenic North Saskatchewan River valley.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:31 PM

I caught my first fish on my own when I was 2. I have been hooked ever since. When I was growing up the rule was you catch it you clean it and you eat it. If you search Oregon Fishing in google images it gives you some examples of what life is like here.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 PM

Hi Todd, you were taught like I was taught by
my grandfather. I wish more were taught that way.
I wish hobby fisherman would clean up the
mess they leave, and lines that break with hooks : (
Plastics in Our Oceans

Drifting nets entangle birds, fish and mammals, making it difficult, if not impossible to move or eat. ... 14 billion pounds of garbage was being dumped into the ocean every year. ... which can ensnare and kill birds diving for the fish below, .... But as more laws are passed, and as more people become involved in ...
www.whoi.edu/science/B/people/kamaral/plasticsarticle.html - Cached - Similar

I dream & wish a lot : )
Peace/Out

Thanks 4 the thread `Chris, and Todd 4 you input.
Now post your fish'in photo's

Last edited by Space; 08-02-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Yeah... I'm into fishing, I have even written articles on it... Here is one I wrote for FLW Outdoors... http://www.flwoutdoors.com/article.cfm?id=141123

Anytime you want to talk bass fishing PM me...

Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member

wow, BLACK ATTACK, that was an awesome article, i would have never thought that you are an authority on fishing!!!! i would like to thank you for taking the time to reply to this!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi Todd, you were taught like I was taught by
my grandfather. I wish more were taught that way.
I wish hobby fisherman would clean up the
mess they leave, and lines that break with hooks : (
Plastics in Our Oceans

Drifting nets entangle birds, fish and mammals, making it difficult, if not impossible to move or eat. ... 14 billion pounds of garbage was being dumped into the ocean every year. ... which can ensnare and kill birds diving for the fish below, .... But as more laws are passed, and as more people become involved in ...
www.whoi.edu/science/B/people/kamaral/plasticsarticle.html - Cached - Similar

I dream & wish a lot : )
Peace/Out

Thanks 4 the thread `Chris, and Todd 4 you input.
Now post your fish'in photo's
I am lucky that my step dad loves to fish, but most of my time fishing has been spent with my grandpa as well. I am trying to put together one more trip as I don't think we have many left together.

Last edited by Teacher; 08-02-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone here into fishing??