Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone have any carfax reports left?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:21 PM
1 Year Member
Default Anyone have any carfax reports left?

just a shot in the dark before i spend $50, just need one vin ran, and if anyone could help that would be great.

the wife's impala was rear ended a while back and they ended up deciding to total it (7 weeks after the accident, to progressive and the lady that caused the 4 car pile up).

we are looking at getting a crossover and decided on a Chrysler Pacifica for our family. the vin is 2A8GF68X27R306188 and i have found some conflicting information that states that it was totaled, possibly in another state, and re-registered in minnesota with a clean title.

you know when they say the price is to good to be true, well i think it is in this case, but i just want to check and make sure.

thanks to anyone that can help!

Old 07-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't trust a carfax because I know a body shop owner an he say's not all things get turned into carfax...I would just look the car over real good..

Old 07-25-2014, 03:34 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
I wouldn't trust a carfax because I know a body shop owner an he say's not all things get turned into carfax...I would just look the car over real good..

I appreciate the reply, however, i would have to seriously disagree with what your body shop guy said.

obviously, cash "repairs" could be hidden from a car fax, however, anything that is dealt with on an insurance claim is reported. There are also a LOT of business that do report to carfax.

for someone to tell me not to get a carfax just because some things may not be reported is kind of nutty, because what if something was reported and i took your advice and i didnt get the carfax, and then i dont find out about it until 3 months later when the weld that fixed the frame cracks or something crazy like that happens.

i dont want to seem like i am being rude, but, that advice is not that great especially when there is a chance that the car has a salvage title and all title changes DO get reported to carfax.