Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone else upset with Dish Network/LIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Anyone else upset with Dish Network/LIN

I have dish Network and no local CBS channel. I have read this pertains to many areas and not just CBS. FOX also in some areas. Lots of people mad over missing Nascar race last weekend and Idol. I am switching to cable and getting all my services in one bundle. Will end up being slightly cheaper but never over what I am paying now. We have to have 3 dvr's according to my wife and those cost 15.95 each and one regular rec. I had about the slowest internet on this forum when we all did the speed test. My att package is the 1.5 but I wasnt getting quite that. Now they are telling me I will be getting a 15 package. That will be nice for a change. 10X faster. That is BS that greedy companies do not care about their subscribers. I am not placicing blame on Dish alone. The LIN company deserves blame also. The rich keep getting richer. I have to wait till next Thursday for installation due to the time needed to get my phone number released from ATT to Comcast. That way I wont have a new number. They are losing many customers as they deserve to I guess. Too many good shows on CBS. At least I wont have weather trouble any more, never really did unless it was severe, but thats when you are tuned in to yor locals.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 AM

..Hi `Jerry, I've never had Dish or cable Just rabbit ear Broadcast T.V.. I really don't watch 2 much TV...I will when I retire : )
Below is a link with complaints about DISH....If I had to have only one service the Net or TV, I would choose the net & the connection to the World & beyond : )

Dish Network Complaints

Complete list of Dish Network complaints. Scam, unauthorized charges, rip off, defective product, poor service.
www.complaintsboard.com/.../dish-network-a250.html - Cached - Similar

Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I canceled DishNetwork when all their Fox broadcasting was getting taken off. I told them unless they want to give me free service, I'm gone.

I went with DirecTV and I'm very happy with it.

If you decide to switch to DirecTV, I can give you my account number and you'd save an extra $100 (over 10 months).

Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Rik- I had direct at one point. I am already set up for next Thursday with Comcast. I used thre referrals when I had dish also. I had no quarrel with direct, they just wouldnt give me a better deal so I went to Dish, then they call me back and were willing to deal with me. Just should have did it when I wanted to, not a week later. Fools.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 AM

I get CBS and Fox on Dish Network. I think they're all (dish and cable) a rip-off though, for what you pay. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't have anything but the internet. I can watch what I want on there. Regular antennas are not an option here, I live too far out in the boonies to pick up any stations.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 PM

I have dish with fox and CBS as well. We lost for a short time last year when fox doubled the price of their broadcast rights. Nothing but greed on both sides, but dish is the best overall IMO.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Dish was great, until they took away Fox channels. It should have never come to that, and it ticked me off. If you're going to remove programming, you better give me a lower price and they wouldn't. I said good bye!

DirecTV has been great. The only think it's lacking that I would love is the ability to watch my DVR shows on my Android phone.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

I cheated my local has crappy high def so I use a Portland Or. address .I looked up places to rent and called dish and told them that we have 2 houses one in Portland and one in Bend Or. and that we move the boxes between the 2 locations so if I have a problem they will still come to my house in Bend even though they think I live in Portland and my bill come here in Bend Or. i loose the local weather but I picked up like extra 5 Chanel's . So if you have a major city within 300 mi (dish network cut off ) you can do the same thing . the biggest con to doing this is that you don't have local news but with having the Internet you can get all of that pretty fast

Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm really hating DirecTv - they just raised the price of my extra receivers and they raised the price of my package - I'm going to Dish as soon as my contract is up. Comcast is the biggest waist of money so I would never go that route.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm sick of all the cable companies, they're ripping everyone off......

Quick Reply: Anyone else upset with Dish Network/LIN