Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Top Gear Fans?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like both versions, I just like the uk one better. To me the US one seemed like they were all young and cocky (and i'm only 24 lol) and the UK one is just all about fun (until they review an american car ) That's one reason I watched a few of the US one, cuz I thought they'd have more american cars. but they didn't really .

Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM

I have been a fan of the UK version all my life! It is one of the best shows EVER!!!

I have never watched one of the other versions...maybe I should give the US version a try...but it just feels too much like a rip-off..

Some say that his breath smells of Magnesium, and that he's deathly afraid of bells...all we know is...HE'S CALLED THE STIG!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like both versions. Budget reasons keeps the seasons short. I'm sure if the viewership continues to climb they can have longer seasons.

BBC has their finale next Monday. They had their season shortened by the BBC. They were given less money, so they could do less funny stuff and have a normal season, or they could have less episodes and do all the same stuff. It's obvious what they chose.

They are both good, I watch them all. We NEED more car shows, the only way to get them is to watch what is out there!

Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM

I thought one of the cooler challenges on the American version was where they race the Velocirapter against the halo diver. I think a lot of the challenges are creative, they must have some crazy writers

Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I absolutely LOVE UK Top Gear. One of the best shows on TV. I've been watching it for a few years, but the one expisode that made me fall in love with the show was Series 15 episode 1. IMO, that was/is the funniest episode that they've ever had. And it was all because of a little car called the Reliant Robin, lol. The US Top Gear has a good setup, but the three guys are not nearly as funny or enjoyable to watch. To me, The Car Show with Adam Carolla should have been called US Top Gear. It's a very good show and is almost on par with UK Top Gear.

"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

Old 09-21-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
I absolutely LOVE UK Top Gear. One of the best shows on TV. I've been watching it for a few years, but the one expisode that made me fall in love with the show was Series 15 episode 1. IMO, that was/is the funniest episode that they've ever had. And it was all because of a little car called the Reliant Robin, lol. The US Top Gear has a good setup, but the three guys are not nearly as funny or enjoyable to watch. To me, The Car Show with Adam Carolla should have been called US Top Gear. It's a very good show and is almost on par with UK Top Gear.

"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."
I love that episode! Especially when he drives to meet up with the other Robin enthusiasts! You think he's going to make an amazing entrance and he just rolls it in front of everyone. Makes me laugh so hard

Old 09-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

saw that clip online i laughed so freakin hard at that thing. Another funny one is when he had the peel p50

Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

That was the funniest episode ever lol

I had i am the stig on my back glass lol

Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 PM

we def need more car shows! has anyone seen "CarFellas"? on HD theater?

Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 PM

Rolling a Reliant Robin - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the episode!

Quick Reply: Any Top Gear Fans?!