Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Any Pointers for my Monte's First Car Show? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/any-pointers-my-montes-first-car-show-31332/)

Cowboy6622 10-02-2011 08:37 PM

Yeah, trailer queens baffle the crap out of me. They're the kind of people who just like to look at cars and they don't know a thing about maintaining them enough to drive them on the road most of the time. Why would you have a car that you're going to put on a trailer and go everywhere in a pick up truck with it?????

But I do'nt htink he's going to have a problem with trailer queens in a modern car class.

Mr.Monte 10-02-2011 10:27 PM

i dont mind if i win anything or not! i just want to have the monte out there for people to loook at. especially since i looked at one of their previous events and there wants 1 monte at all. after all there will be plenty more to come! i just want to have fun and have my monte seen!

mousehousemoparman 10-02-2011 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte (Post 369639)
i dont mind if i win anything or not! i just want to have the monte out there for people to loook at. especially since i looked at one of their previous events and there wants 1 monte at all. after all there will be plenty more to come! i just want to have fun and have my monte seen!

If you keep those expectations during the show you should have a wonderful time. You will also get some contacts that may be useful in the future too. One thing I didn't mention earlier. If you walk away from your car, make sure all your valuables are locked up and the car it self is locked up. There is a lot of thievery at the shows and it only takes a few seconds for a cell phone, radar detector, nav system, or stereo to disappear. That also goes for small valuable parts. In Mopar Collectors Guide this month they ran a story about it. It has become a problem. They noted that a spectator who had a muscle car in the parking lot had his carb stolen. Swap meets are also subject to loss.

mousehousemoparman 10-02-2011 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 369592)
Yeah, trailer queens baffle the crap out of me. They're the kind of people who just like to look at cars and they don't know a thing about maintaining them enough to drive them on the road most of the time. Why would you have a car that you're going to put on a trailer and go everywhere in a pick up truck with it?????

But I do'nt htink he's going to have a problem with trailer queens in a modern car class.

Many of the muscle car trailer queens, the guy that owns it bought it that way and knows little about the car. I have seen some new car trailer queens. It is usually a rich guy that owns a trailer queen and his biggest interest is the investment potential. That holds true for both the new and old cars. Not true in every case but most of them.

Mr.Monte 10-03-2011 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman (Post 369646)
If you keep those expectations during the show you should have a wonderful time. You will also get some contacts that may be useful in the future too. One thing I didn't mention earlier. If you walk away from your car, make sure all your valuables are locked up and the car it self is locked up. There is a lot of thievery at the shows and it only takes a few seconds for a cell phone, radar detector, nav system, or stereo to disappear. That also goes for small valuable parts. In Mopar Collectors Guide this month they ran a story about it. It has become a problem. They noted that a spectator who had a muscle car in the parking lot had his carb stolen. Swap meets are also subject to loss.

thanks! will do! should i just leave the hood open roll the windows up half way and lock it? i dont ever leave valuable stuff visible. not even change in the cupholder lol

mousehousemoparman 10-03-2011 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte (Post 369685)
thanks! will do! should i just leave the hood open roll the windows up half way and lock it? i dont ever leave valuable stuff visible. not even change in the cupholder lol

If it were my car, I would do the following. If it is out of your sight I would completely lock it up.

Cowboy6622 10-03-2011 08:54 AM

I usually leave all my crap out of hte car and walk away, leave it out of sight all of the time actually. Never had anything go missing, not even my 204 piece tool set. I know it could, but it hasn't happened yet. At large shows where I'm going to be a long way away, I risk it and don't take my tools with me at all usually.