Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haven't fired any thing since my Marine Corps days.Smallest thing I ever fired was a M16A2.
I wanted to get a permit when I got out just never got around to it.I might try an get one with my tax return.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM

I have a Glock 22 that I sometimes carry in the car. Granted, Ohio is an open carry state and you can have a gun in a car w/o a permit - just can't be loaded and needs to be in a locked container. I've got a CCW, so I have my pistol in the center console - as a courtesy I do inform any cops that pull me over where it is and I show them my CCW w/ my license.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM

As shown in my other thread "My New Toy" I just recieved my first pistol for Christmas. It's a Smith & Wesson Sigma Series .40 Cal.
I plan on getting a CCW, but West Virginia is an Open Carry. So, I plan on keeping it on my hip out in the open.
I figure, the more people know that I have it. The less of a chance I'll ever have to use it.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My father in law carries a Glock 40 and that seems pretty compact. Another guy I know carries a hammerless 38 just like this in his front pocket.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM

I have carried many different pistols. Currently I am carrying a Taurus Slim 740 in .40 cal. I love the pop of this round. I have carried 1911's but they are harder to cover and weigh down the belt. I also have a deep conceal .380 that I carry in a pocket holster. There are a lot of great guns out there. Just find one that fits your hand and you can shoot accurately I well placed 9,, does way more damage then a missed .45. Shot placement is the key. With that being said I still say carry the biggest round and most capacity that you can conceal and will carry and not leave at home.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's a fun video for all you gun guys.
Gunny & Glock - Wrong Diner - Extended Version - YouTube

Old 01-11-2012, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
I have carried many different pistols. Currently I am carrying a Taurus Slim 740 in .40 cal. I love the pop of this round. I have carried 1911's but they are harder to cover and weigh down the belt. I also have a deep conceal .380 that I carry in a pocket holster. There are a lot of great guns out there. Just find one that fits your hand and you can shoot accurately I well placed 9,, does way more damage then a missed .45. Shot placement is the key. With that being said I still say carry the biggest round and most capacity that you can conceal and will carry and not leave at home.

Hi `Teacher Todd,
Is your gun business still active...I know that you've been super busy with teaching/working/selling your new home 4 a bigger one +....Post a update & let us know...The MCF has many member's that are in2 weapons & maybe you should let our member's know what you have for sale ?

I also like the Taurus slim .40 Cal...I was thinking about getting one for my grandfather for his B.D. What is a good price on one ?

Look 4ward to your updates...

Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And here is a party pooper. I away pop into these gun thread - and am probably not welcome.

Ever notice that no Canadians post in these thread? Y'know that big village to the north where nobody gets shot?

Carrying a gun that you know how to shoot is harmless. But practice at the range offers no training to keep you from being disarmed. And once you have been disarmed you have armed a criminal. Those guns that those bad guys are killing people with out there were manufactured with the best of intentions. By not owning (or carrying) I play my part in ensuring the bad guys have no guns.

That being said, it seems to me to be a little safer to actually carry then to store a gun in your car. There was another thread about this and I was a little taken aback. Cars are so easily broken into and looted and after hearing about so many keeping guns in their cars it became pretty clear how easy it is for the bad guys to get unregistered guns in America.

Now I feel bad because it sounds like I have cast a stone at beloved America. I really do love America and Americans though. I would be proud to be an American one day. I have never been shot at in my many visits.

Anyways, if you have a gun, don't leave it laying around. And don't just train at the shooting range. Train in hand-to-hand combat so you can defend your weapon

Old 01-11-2012, 06:13 AM

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650><TBODY><TR><TD height=30 vAlign=top width=650 align=left>SLIM 740 PISTOL - .40 CAL - 6+1 ROUNDS (I think every MCF `Mod should have one) LOL ~> 4-$ure </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=650 align=left><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650><TBODY><TR><TD height=10 vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=middle align=center></TD></TR><TR><TD align=center></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=650 align=left><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Now the popular SLIM series comes in .40 cal. for even more carry options. This dynamic semi-auto gives nothing away under the lightest T-shirts or polos with its remarkably lean, lightweight design—but it still steps up with big firepower, remarkable features and top-end performance. Leave it to Taurus to make the most heralded concealed carry semi-autos in company history even better.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
And here is a party pooper.

Hi `Brent, I don't think U R poop'in @ our party
Freedom of Speech + the right to bear arms
I believe we are North Americans & all Earth People.
(well, I'm do'in my best 2 be a Earth Person)

I do think it's sad that weapons are needed to protect us from people that are BAD...., but there are Bad people out there

I do believe that everyone should have hand to hand or self defense training to defend themselves & others in their life & as a last resort ~> then if that doesn't work U will just have 2 ~> Blow the BAD away 4-Sure

I hope our country & leaders work on fighting the wars in our country b-4 we go to other countries & fight 4 them How can we enforce freedom, when many in the USA are living in fear ? If we are going to be a
leader, then we should lead & set the example for `all on planet earth...People should love the USA & want to be just like our country & not Hate the USA..."Love it or leave it or do your part to make it better" 4-Sure!

I hope that our new leaders (present leaders) can lead by example, and not by force...I think we need to get our country in order & use our resources to fight the war on crime, and remove the bad & retrain them to be good, or put the bad to work on work farms, instead of hotels...Make them self sufficent & pay for their bads/crimes!

That's all, my mind is empty again...I need a recharge..
Thanks always `Brent for your words/thoughts & contributions...I also enjoy reading what fall outa your head Peace/Happiness to `all

I'm driving No, I'm driving the Monte

Last edited by Space; 01-11-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?