Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Another F-150

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Another F-150

Goes up in smoke.

Ford could be in some pretty deep doo doo with this rash of fires taking place.

Investigations could and more than likely will expand to over 4 million other Ford cars, trucks and SUV's.

I love my chevy, I love my chevy, I love my chevy.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TVW

Old 05-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Default RE: Another F-150

wait..what happened?

Old 05-05-2005, 01:13 PM

well since 2-04 i have had 12 new vehical's trying to find 2 good one's, the first was a 04 ford ranger,keep 1 month, traded for 04 taurus =loss of 6.000, (still have the taurus) next,chevy
silerado,kept 2 mo's =loss 8,000 next, chevy malibu, keep 3 weeks, loss 4,100, bought a more expensive silerado thing it might be a better truck=loss 8.000, next pontiac vibe (this one almost made it 4 mo's) loss 5,290, 04 buick at 13 miles took from dealer's show room to florida
IT DIDN'T MAKE IT.=loss 9,000 and so on and so on,now with all the $ loss i drive a VARY EXPENCIVE monte carlo, i'm thinking that 04 was a test yr.for car's and trucks ,anyway point being of all this,except for dodge i don't care what i drive as long as it's dependable.and look's good.and as you can see g.m.has it's problem's also, i got the monte by trading in a 05 chevy
colorado 4x4 that lasted 3 weeks,but the dealer bought this one back,thank goodness.if this monte give up the ghost it will be no more american car's for me and i never thought i would ever say that,but made in american no longer mean's good quality control for that matter any quality control.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

from whatlittle ive heard american cars arent even made in america any more i knowof at least one ford assemble pant in mexico...thats what we get for cheap labori think american companys should suck it up and pay a little more so their carsdont fall apart. there is a reason vettes are so nice they are made 100% in america actualy bowling green kentucky thats theone car that can still be proud to be made in the u.s.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM

Are you saying that every single part of a vette is made in the USA? I would find that very suprizing if that be the case.

There is a big difference between being made here and being put together here.

The cruise control switch on a ton of Ford products are shorting out causing fires several hours after the vehicle has been driven.

TVW

Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

from whatlittle ive heard american cars arent even made in america any more i knowof at least one ford assemble pant in mexico...thats what we get for cheap labori think american companys should suck it up and pay a little more so their carsdont fall apart. there is a reason vettes are so nice they are made 100% in america actualy bowling green kentucky thats theone car that can still be proud to be made in the u.s.

big dog, if you still have your monti's window sticker look at the bottom it will tell you the assembly plant, may not be all american parts in it, but it was built in the U.S.A. at least my was.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

Are you saying that every single part of a vette is made in the USA? I would find that very suprizing if that be the case.

There is a big difference between being made here and being put together here.

The cruise control switch on a ton of Ford products are shorting out causing fires several hours after the vehicle has been driven.

TVW

i live about 75 miles from the vette plant in bowling green.ky. and i have taken there tour
that is availible for all to take, i found it vary interesting and a lot of fun.
now back to the F-150 all i can say about that is i'm glad i don't own one.
as for my previous post i didn't mean to get everyone's dander up,kinda thought we was a small family here and i just wanted everyone to know how i ended up buying my monty sorry for the mistake in judgement.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:12 PM

as for my previous post i didn't mean to get everyone's dander up,kinda thought we was a small family here and i just wanted everyone to know how i ended up buying my monty sorry for the mistake in judgement.

I don't think that is the case....

Just out of curiosity, what did you not like about all those cars before the Monte??

The Monte is the first car I have truely loved owning.

TVW

Old 05-06-2005, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I don't think that is the case....

Just out of curiosity, what did you not like about all those cars before the Monte??

The Monte is the first car I have truely loved owning.

TVW
to make a 13 month old story short,they all failed within 1000 miles,all had to be towed to the nearest dealer, and they where in the shop more then in my driveway,as far as the 05 colorado that the dealer bought back,the day after it was towed in,i went back to the garage part of the dealership and they had the truck up on the rack and the whole drive train on the floor and they still couldn't figure out what the problem was, i was also told by my salesman that they have bought back 3 out of every 5 they have sold,so don't get me wrong i like my monte,i just hope it is as goog as the taurus that now how 10,000 trouble free miles on it, to be honest with all of
you i bought the monte not only for the looks(that was the last thing) i bought it because it was the closest to a full size car with compact gas milage i could get,i'm taking the monte to florida
on friday 5-13, as of today i have 820 miles on the car,if she makes it down and back trouble free it will be the first 04 or 05 g.m. that did.i do have faith in this car afterall it is the first g.m that has made it to 800 miles without giving me a problem.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:51 PM

Man, what a rash of bad luck. I hope the Monte works out better than the rest.

What's going on with Ford & GM?? I hear today that they have been knocked down to junk status on the market while the imports continue to gain market share.

TVW

Quick Reply: Another F-150