Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

An Annoying Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default An Annoying Problem

I could use some opinions.

One of the neighbors, not sure which cause if I could catch them they'd regret it. But they let their dog do it's business in our yard.

More then once while mowing I've stepping in the evidence.

I'm certain the city has a lease law. But this dog loves to water my car tires.

Whether it's an '86 Monte Carlo or '57 Chevy the dog could care less.

This morning I spent 1/2 hour cleaning the back wheel/tire of my '57 Wagon cause the dog must have came by for a visit last night and I didn't see it till this morning. The urine etched the beauty ring of the wheel. I had to polish it to get the stains out.

The watering problem has been going on for several years now. And I've attempted to keep animals out by sprinkling stuff around the yard to ward them off. I even tried black pepper cause I've heard this will keep animals at bay.

We mainly had to start this cause of the people right next door allow their cats to roam free. Their male cat thinks it's home away from home is our front porch. He comes over to annoy our cats who never go outside. At all!!!

It's also not like I park near the curb. I back my '57s in the yard at least 30 (ourlot is 40x100) feet from the street. Hoping to avoid this dog's lifted leg. No good.

My one sister says not to do anything that will cause hard feelings. So why is it okay for this dog to wet my show cars? THAT isn't causing hard feelings?????????

Old 09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Default RE: An Annoying Problem

just go to the neighbors and b like i dont mind the animals roaming free but if u could keep them off the cars that would b wonderful

Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 PM

Well there are a few options: Talk to the neighbors and just ask them to keep an eye on their dog. If they oblige, no harm, no foul. If they are rude about it and defensive, document that you spoke with them and say this is your warning, the next time your dog is in my yard and I catch it, I will call animal control. Warn once, then call the authorities. I don't know if you have local animal control or if the police take care of issues like that, but be nice the first time. If it happens again, don't be nice. Research city ordinances and if they are in violation, report them to police and they will receive a citation.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:51 PM

If you were in Wyoming thing's might be a bit different. We had a couple dogs that jumps the fence around our garden and tore open several cages and killed most but only ate a few of our show rabbits. We've had it happen a few times over the years and probably about $500 worth of rabbits have been taken out by dogs. After the first case the Sheriff told my mom that we have the right to shoot any stray animals on our property, now we never have but we do have some .22 pellet shot for any that we catch harassing the rabbits or my brothers show chickens.

Now we know that the dogs weren't from close by as we know everyone that lives in our neighborhood, there was one instance where a new couple moved in and their Huskies broke out and got two rabbits that were about $40 each, asked the new couple to watch their dogs and they apologized and offered to reimburse us.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've got a feeling if I tried talking to these people I might find a door slamming in myface or worse?

Their young daughter has a new toy for the summer. The riding lawn mower. She and some of her young friends ride that thing till 10pm on school nights. We;ve heard it going down the street on some nights. And I'm sure there's a city ordinace against that. The mower on the street being used as a toy.

I need to set outdoors some in the evenings. Cause I want to see them walking the dog.

And I suspect they may think I'm looking for them? Cause they have this annoying nack of walking the dog exactly at the times I can't watch for them. Or maybe........... they just let the dog run wild?

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM

The way I see it you have two options. 1. [sm=bicker.gif]talk to your neighbors and see what kind of reaction you get. 2 [sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=violent053.gif](much more fun) set up survielence cameras (night vision) and track the animals. Since I don't believe in harming animals that have stupid owners, then you get to harm the owners, oregon law at least small town oregon law . Once you know who the owner is you buy a paint ball gun and freeze the paint *****. Unload on the neighbor the next morning when they head out to work. Gauruntee their dogs wont bother you again. Can't say the same about your legal bills or hard feeling neighbors, but you will feel better. lol [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Get a live animal trap (Havahart)and trap the offender, hehe. I didthat to our neighbors dog then called them to come get it out of my trap. It hasn't been back. I live in the country so I could've easily shot the dog but I knew who it belonged to and didn't really want to go that far because of the kids, just wanted it to stay out of my trash which I had repeatedly told them it was getting in. When I called I "pretended" to suspect coons getting in the trash, which was entirely possible but I already knew it was the dog. I baited it with a trash bag, LOL. I figured if they had to come get their dog every day they'd soon do something, but it only took once.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If the neighbors are being jerks about it, I'd say get a paintball gun. And some flourescent green paintballs. But don't freeze the paintballs. And definitely don't use it on the neighbors. Use it on the dog while he's "watering" your tires. The dog will remember the pain involved in watering your tires. And the neighbors will wonder why the dog's "water hose" is green.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:30 PM

hot dogs + antifreeze = solved.

kidding, but a guy by me did do it.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 AM

The lawnmower thing is definitely illegal. Call the police. First of all: If they are under 16 and have no license, they cannot ride the mower on the street. Secondly: Lawnmowers are not street legal anyway and the owners can receive a moving violation. I agree with the above responses. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: An Annoying Problem