Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Am I The Only One? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/am-i-only-one-6140/)

Laserblue06ss 10-17-2007 06:40 AM

RE: Am I The Only One?

Here in PA it has been like summer through September and October.We had a lot of days in the 80's and even 90's during September,and are still in the mid to upper 70's now.The water temp. at the Jersey shore was around 70 until this week,dropped to upper 60's now.They said on the news that Columbus day was warmer than Memorial Day,Fourth of July and Labor Day.
But no matter how warm it is,it isreally getting dark early.

Bigg J 10-17-2007 12:28 PM

Don't even get me started!! I am originally from the Cayman Islands (Western Caribbean). I am miserable in cold weather and dread winter. Even here in Las Vegas, the winters are pretty cold (lows in the mid 20's!!!) and it gets really windy. Of course my view of cold and not cold is based on my own perception of what cold is. When we get our lowest in Cayman (we're talking about 60 - 65 degrees here) everyone will gripe about cold weather. So, that's where I'm coming from. I just can't function in the cold. My whole body gets stiff. (well, not everything...[:-])

BeachBumMike 10-17-2007 01:08 PM

[align=center]

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

. I just can't function in the cold. My whole body gets stiff. (well, not everything...[:-])

[/align][align=center]But I think everything would get stiff like a popsickle : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]:eek:Ditto, on what Mod Bigg `Jason wrote :D[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've neverbeen out of the state of Florida, & there are a few[/align][align=center]days the temp's get down to freezing [:@][/align][align=center]I get cold when it get's in the 60's : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I can't wait to finish school, & road trip North America.[/align][align=center]I don't know how good I'd be able to drive on ice/snow, but[/align][align=center]it sure would be fun to try... I'll let all the members know[/align][align=center]when I get to your area, so you can stay off the roads :D.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]or you could come to Florida & play bumper cars with all[/align][align=center]the old folks : )[/align][align=center]Wish all member's in the cold a safe `journey in your[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Cowboy6622 10-17-2007 01:59 PM

wow... i guess i never realize how lucky i am to have a dad who drives trucks. i've been to 20 states and a province of Canada. i am quite versatile. i hate the cold, but what i classify as cold and what my frends here at school call cold are polar opposites (pun intended, and not quite "opposites" i guess). i classify cold as being under 32 farenheit. below about 65 is "cool". anywhere from 50-80 is ideal, 80-100 is warm, and 100-above is hot.

Bigg J 10-17-2007 03:28 PM

The warmer temps sound about right. But I don't call it hot until it tops 120 F. That's HOT!! But I still don't complain about that, because I enjoy the heat. You'll hear me complain all winter-long about cold, though.

Taz 10-17-2007 03:45 PM

How's this for cold.
The famous Niagara Falls pic from 1911. The women in the pic are standing in the middle of the river.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...agtx/Falls.jpg

Cowboy6622 10-17-2007 04:28 PM

ew..... the horseshoe falls froze over.... thats cold

rj 10-17-2007 07:29 PM

Glad I wasn't alive in 1911. [sm=loser.gif]

I hate being cold. anything below 70 degrees and my blood thickens up. It's been kind of chilly here and since we had a lot of warmer weather, now that it's cooled it feels colder then it actually may be.

I know I live in the wrong state. But I've been here all my live.

My parents always took us on vacations to different spots along the eastern sea board when we were growing up. So I got to see a lot more of the country then kids I grew up with. Their parents took them to the lake (or out in their own driveway) on vacation.

But give me warmer weather any day of the week and twice on sundays.

People complain when it get's to the 90s or above. I love it.

Cowboy6622 10-18-2007 06:35 AM

where exactly do you live rj? that sounds like what the weather is here in NC

BeachBumMike 10-18-2007 07:05 AM

[align=center]

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

where exactly do you live rj? that sounds like what the weather is here in NC
[/align][align=center]Duane, RJ lives/parties in SW Ohio : )[/align][align=center]Weather as of todays post is:[/align][align=center]Current Conditions

Updated: 3 sec ago
» Disable Rapid FireAbout Rapid Fire

Observed at:
Miami Township, Dayton, Ohio

Elevation:
728ft / 221m [/align][/align][/align]
Light Rain
[/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.wunderground.com/US/OH/Dayton.html[/align]