Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Am I The Only One? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/am-i-only-one-6140/)

rj 10-16-2007 12:31 PM

Am I The Only One?

I'm sick of cold weather.

AND WINTER HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!!!!
[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Cowboy6622 10-16-2007 01:29 PM

RE: Am I The Only One?

eh, i'll take the cold if it brings rain with it.. the southeast is doing BAD right now as far as taht goes. atlanta supposebly only has 45 days of water left. north carolina, where i live, has banned all car washing (i have a private well out here in the country, i don't think the state law applies to that), yard watering, and hte etc.

kweef 10-16-2007 01:51 PM

i actually cant wait for the cold weather...it means hunting and ice fishing

couch 10-16-2007 05:08 PM

we got lucky here and some high pressure rolled in. good ole indian summer :D but yea i'm not looking forward to scraping ice off windows and the idiot drivers in this city when there is snow on the ground.

GrandPaDave 10-16-2007 05:49 PM

http://www.mtbaldy.com/images/mt-pic.jpg
http://www.mtbaldy.com/images/open.jpgMt. Baldy is the Largest and Steepest Ski Resort in Southern California.
26 Runs spanning 3 Mountains covering 800 Acres with 2,100 Vertical Feet located only 45 miles from Los Angeles! For the Ski and Snow Report, please call the Bud Light Snow Phone at 909 981-3344 or
click here for updated Hiking and Mountain Biking conditions.

GrandPaDave 10-16-2007 05:51 PM

Thought I was going to brag, huh RJ?

Well you were right, this is one of the few places you and Ski and Surf on the same day!

Taz 10-16-2007 06:30 PM

Being in the southern most part of Canada, we don't get as much snow and ice as the rest of the country, but we get our fair share. Remember, we border Detroit, MI. So the weather they get, is what we get.
We do get lots of freezing cold blowing wind. It usually starts getting really cold here in mid november and lasts until as late as mid april.

kweef 10-16-2007 10:55 PM

sounds like here in wisconsin...i do wish it got a little colder sooner and warmer earlier

knightfan26917 10-17-2007 12:44 AM

Ohhh no ... you're not the only one, RJ.

I strongly dislike COLD weather ... :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Nothing lasts forever" ... Guns N Roses ... 'November Rain'

gale155 10-17-2007 06:10 AM

I detest cold weather as well...I hate it. Here in the Kansas City area, winters can be brutal or mild (usually a combination of both), but I don't even like the mild variety.

A long time ago, I lived in Hawaii for three years. I must say that after a while, theweather got kinda boring - the onlydifference betweenthe seasons is that it rains a little moreduring the winter months. Plus, there was just somethingwrong with seeing Christmas decorations when everything is green, and the temperature is75-80 degrees.Now that I'm older, I think living in sucha boring climate would not suck. :)

Laserblue06ss 10-17-2007 06:40 AM

Here in PA it has been like summer through September and October.We had a lot of days in the 80's and even 90's during September,and are still in the mid to upper 70's now.The water temp. at the Jersey shore was around 70 until this week,dropped to upper 60's now.They said on the news that Columbus day was warmer than Memorial Day,Fourth of July and Labor Day.
But no matter how warm it is,it isreally getting dark early.

Bigg J 10-17-2007 12:28 PM

Don't even get me started!! I am originally from the Cayman Islands (Western Caribbean). I am miserable in cold weather and dread winter. Even here in Las Vegas, the winters are pretty cold (lows in the mid 20's!!!) and it gets really windy. Of course my view of cold and not cold is based on my own perception of what cold is. When we get our lowest in Cayman (we're talking about 60 - 65 degrees here) everyone will gripe about cold weather. So, that's where I'm coming from. I just can't function in the cold. My whole body gets stiff. (well, not everything...[:-])

BeachBumMike 10-17-2007 01:08 PM

[align=center]

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

. I just can't function in the cold. My whole body gets stiff. (well, not everything...[:-])

[/align][align=center]But I think everything would get stiff like a popsickle : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]:eek:Ditto, on what Mod Bigg `Jason wrote :D[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've neverbeen out of the state of Florida, & there are a few[/align][align=center]days the temp's get down to freezing [:@][/align][align=center]I get cold when it get's in the 60's : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I can't wait to finish school, & road trip North America.[/align][align=center]I don't know how good I'd be able to drive on ice/snow, but[/align][align=center]it sure would be fun to try... I'll let all the members know[/align][align=center]when I get to your area, so you can stay off the roads :D.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]or you could come to Florida & play bumper cars with all[/align][align=center]the old folks : )[/align][align=center]Wish all member's in the cold a safe `journey in your[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Cowboy6622 10-17-2007 01:59 PM

wow... i guess i never realize how lucky i am to have a dad who drives trucks. i've been to 20 states and a province of Canada. i am quite versatile. i hate the cold, but what i classify as cold and what my frends here at school call cold are polar opposites (pun intended, and not quite "opposites" i guess). i classify cold as being under 32 farenheit. below about 65 is "cool". anywhere from 50-80 is ideal, 80-100 is warm, and 100-above is hot.

Bigg J 10-17-2007 03:28 PM

The warmer temps sound about right. But I don't call it hot until it tops 120 F. That's HOT!! But I still don't complain about that, because I enjoy the heat. You'll hear me complain all winter-long about cold, though.

Taz 10-17-2007 03:45 PM

How's this for cold.
The famous Niagara Falls pic from 1911. The women in the pic are standing in the middle of the river.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...agtx/Falls.jpg

Cowboy6622 10-17-2007 04:28 PM

ew..... the horseshoe falls froze over.... thats cold

rj 10-17-2007 07:29 PM

Glad I wasn't alive in 1911. [sm=loser.gif]

I hate being cold. anything below 70 degrees and my blood thickens up. It's been kind of chilly here and since we had a lot of warmer weather, now that it's cooled it feels colder then it actually may be.

I know I live in the wrong state. But I've been here all my live.

My parents always took us on vacations to different spots along the eastern sea board when we were growing up. So I got to see a lot more of the country then kids I grew up with. Their parents took them to the lake (or out in their own driveway) on vacation.

But give me warmer weather any day of the week and twice on sundays.

People complain when it get's to the 90s or above. I love it.

Cowboy6622 10-18-2007 06:35 AM

where exactly do you live rj? that sounds like what the weather is here in NC

BeachBumMike 10-18-2007 07:05 AM

[align=center]

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

where exactly do you live rj? that sounds like what the weather is here in NC
[/align][align=center]Duane, RJ lives/parties in SW Ohio : )[/align][align=center]Weather as of todays post is:[/align][align=center]Current Conditions

Updated: 3 sec ago
» Disable Rapid FireAbout Rapid Fire

Observed at:
Miami Township, Dayton, Ohio

Elevation:
728ft / 221m [/align][/align][/align]
Light Rain
[/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.wunderground.com/US/OH/Dayton.html[/align]

BLACK ATTACK 10-18-2007 08:53 AM

Give me a place where it rains at night and is 50° in the morning, then warms to 75° in the heat of the day, and I would be in Heaven! I love to sleep to the sound of rain in cool temperatures, and 75° is a perfect daytime temperature to me -- not too hot, not too cold.

Taz 10-18-2007 08:56 AM

If it rains every night, then you'd have to spend the morning drying it off with a chamois.

BLACK ATTACK 10-18-2007 09:03 AM

That works for me... Rids the car of all the dust and brings back the shine.

rj 10-18-2007 10:15 AM

I think if I could choose temperatures I'd go with above 80 during day (for several reasons) and maybe about 65 at night.

Rain is fine as long as it doesn't rain enough to flood.

FlynhghR 10-19-2007 11:07 PM

I could do 50-60... just none of the 40 and below, or 90 and above stuff. I love cooler temperatures... specially when working outside.

rj 10-20-2007 03:50 PM

Hope everyone's enjoying the cooler temps like we're having.

It's been a real nice day out today. Went to a local car show till 3pm. If there were little less wind it would be perfect outside.