Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

For all those who hate Honda Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: For all those who hate Honda Owners...

This is the one he just traded for a '99 model. His friend took the pic and submitted to Honda Tuning Mag (or is it Honda Tuner? , heck I don't know, LOL) and they published it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3339/793B2EAF94E1415BA56386865865E869.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3339/93026438F85C4F13A1A3AA96D7636D8D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on your son's car being published.
You both must have been very proud! Even if it is a Honda. lol. (just kidding).

Old 12-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

My family has 10 cars, all of them domestics.4 of them have over 120,000 miles. We have a 90 GMC suburban with 160,000 miles, 93 caprice wagon with 122,000 miles, 99 ford f150 with 120,000 miles, 98 jeep cherokee with 130,000 miles. Besides the jeep, these vehicles have had no mechanical work done to them and the only parts replaced where wear items. The jeep is the same other than a replaced leaky oil pan. I used to have a 93 f150 before the monte. It had 170,000 miles and had no mechanical work done to it other than wear and some custom goodies I fabbed up (custom intake and full length headers and custom dual exhaust). So anytime anyone says domestics arent reliable I tell them about reliability with what is sitting at home. Each and every one of our daily driver domestics start right up the first time and get us anywhere we want to go.

As for imports, I work in a body shop/mechanics shop and it seems like every day we are working on some honda or nissan that doesnt run right or doesnt start at all.

Must be all those black hoods the ricers like to slap on their rides. (sorry dustybird im not picking on your son) The black paint must get the temps under the hood so hot it fries those little 4 bangers. Lol.

Back to honda owners in general. Me and some buddies were standing outside quaker steak and lube waiting to get a table and some guy in his little honda civic pulled up to the curb and revved the engine to "impress" the crowd outside. Lol. Well that prompted me to explain to him that his car was gay. Well he didnt like that at all. He told me that he would get out of his car and kick my ***. Well that made me laugh at him. So being the big bad tough guy he was, he revved his engine and almost stalled the car by dumping the clutch and trying to burn out. He pulled away and came back 5 minutes later and parked. He got out of his car, walked right past me while avoiding eye contact and walked into the restaurant. Lol me and my buddies laughed our asses off about it the rest of the night. It gave us a little inside joke to laugh about. "DUDE, your car....IS GAY!"

Old 12-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Photobucket

Taz, he was on cloud 9. I think we have three copies of that magazine. He traded it for one he has now - he wanted A/C, it get's hot in Texas, LOL. The kid he traded with painted it flat army green - YUCK. He had a Panda theme going and was at one time going to put roll bars in and have me airbrush them to look like bamboo. Now he has black and red, when he gets the some other stuff added. I'll take a few pics - if it doesn't break my camera, LOL.

mrl390, most of those black hoods are cardonfiber, to get rid of the weight. His first one was painted black, no $$ to spend on "plastic". But what you say, may well be a real possiblity.

He's never really had a whole lot of trouble with his cars with stock motors. It's when he starts moding them that sometimes there's an issue, but usually resolved pretty easily. He works on his own and anyone in the car club with Honda problems comes to him for help. Most of the ones we've been around have been reliable. The one he has now, has almost 150K on it and who knows how it was treated before he got it. The one he traded had a motor in it that had to be shipped from Japan (he bought it with the motor swap already made).

They are not my choice of vehicle but I really don't have anything against them, well, at least no more than any other vehicle that's not a Monte Carlo or truck. Heck, we had a Geo Metro, GM product but the motor in it was a 3 cylinder Suzuki. Excellent gas mileage. Of course his Hondas get crap fot MPG due to mods.

A friend of my sisters came over one day in his Mustang. Nice car, but made the mistake of making a slow comment about the Honda. My son took him for a ride. Let's just say, he has a whole new respect for THAT particular car.

That is funny that he almost killed it. I wouldn't have come back, LOL.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:47 PM

5 Year Member

Dustybird, I know all about the carbon fiber hoods, but I was poking fun at the honda kids that paint their hoods black to make it looks like is CF, instead of getting a real carbon fiber hood.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

Dustybird, I know all about the carbon fiber hoods, but I was poking fun at the honda kids that paint their hoods black to make it looks like is CF, instead of getting a real carbon fiber hood.
People really do that?!? Never personally seen a painted black hood, maybe ricers are more creative in your area, lol.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: mrl390

LOL, I kinda did the same thing, heck, I wasn't handing over the $$ for him to buy one, so that's what he did with the first one. We laughed, but it didn't phase him. I'm glad now it was still metal, you can see what happened to it in the first set of pics.
The white car did have a CF hood and the car was painted with "rattle cans" as he calls them.

One of his friends just shelled out the money for a new CF hood, had it maybe two weeks and his girlfriend's mom backed into it and cracked it.

I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong in raising him. My son is a ricer I wonder if they havesupport groups for that, like AA.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

black hoods are nothing new... some of you older guys might rememebr flat black hoods?

Old 12-31-2007, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

black hoods are nothing new... some of you older guys might rememebr flat black hoods?

Or just black hood scoops?!?

Old 12-31-2007, 06:37 PM

5 Year Member

Well its a bit different with the hondas than it was with the MOPARs and such. It actually looks good on the mopars!! Lol, im just messing. Hey its their car, whatever pleases them you know.

"People really do that?!? Never personally seen a painted black hood, maybe ricers are more creative in your area, lol."
It must just be in my area then. They are everywhere! Every little honda civic or CRXi see that is all riced out seems to have crappy interior, stock paint job, black painted steelhood, 14" aftermarket wheels that look like they hit the curb quite a few times and a rather large fart can sticking out the back that looks like a paint can without a lid.

I guess I cant say it is just hondas tho. Today I saw a kid in a cavalier that was all black with a crappy purple looking tint job, two fart cans sticking out the back (one of which I am pretty sure wasnt attached to any exhaust pipe and a spoiler that was taller than the car's roof. I passed him once and thenhe kept following me on route 19 today during lunch hour when I was on my way to mcdonald's. Every time I changed lanes he sped up and went behind me. Finally I got fed up and found an open lane and punched it. I heard him stomp on it but for some odd reason his car kept getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. Lol. Stupid ricers.

Quick Reply: For all those who hate Honda Owners...