Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

All the hard work paid off!!!

Old 09-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Default All the hard work paid off!!!

Last year my son played in the NFL Flag Football league, he was center, WR and DB and QB. This year, he's the starting QB!! He wanted to play tackle but his mom is a wimp and balked at the idea, signing him back up in NFL Flag this year. She promised that she'd let hiim play tackle next year though, we'll see. Anyways, all last year I worked with him alot on his throwing, he throws really hard and very tight. He's pretty acurrate too. This year when he was up her with me for the summer, I bought him an authentic NCAA football and we worked on his technique and acurracy every other day, some days he didn't really want to, but we did it anyway. Today was their first game action, a 20 minute scrimmage against the Redskins, he's on the Rams. He threw for 2 touchdowns, one of which was 25-30 yards in the air, and threw for a 2pt conversion as well!!!

I'm so proud of him!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Default RE: All the hard work paid off!!!

[8D]

Tj

Old 09-10-2005, 11:01 PM

That's great! I love hearing stories from proud parents. My daughter, who will be 20 next month, is moving out tonight. She's moving in with her boyfriend. I've spent the last 20 years preparing her for life, and now that the time has come I don't want to let go! I'm trying to be so cool on the outside and on the inside I'm screaming, "Don't go!!" It's always been just her and I so this is really tough for me! But I'm so proud of the person she has become. And she'll always be my baby.

Proud Mom

Old 09-10-2005, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 04SSIntimidator

That's great! I love hearing stories from proud parents. My daughter, who will be 20 next month, is moving out tonight. She's moving in with her boyfriend. I've spent the last 20 years preparing her for life, and now that the time has come I don't want to let go! I'm trying to be so cool on the outside and on the inside I'm screaming, "Don't go!!" It's always been just her and I so this is really tough for me! But I'm so proud of the person she has become. And she'll always be my baby.

Proud Mom
I have this permanent smile on my face, my son is a leader!

I know your situation is hard, I can only imagine, but it sounds like she's ready to spread her wings. Hopefully things work out for the best and everyone is happy!

Old 09-11-2005, 11:43 AM

Last year my son played in the NFL Flag Football league, he was center, WR and DB and QB. This year, he's the starting QB!! He wanted to play tackle but his mom is a wimp and balked at the idea, signing him back up in NFL Flag this year. She promised that she'd let hiim play tackle next year though, we'll see. Anyways, all last year I worked with him alot on his throwing, he throws really hard and very tight. He's pretty acurrate too. This year when he was up her with me for the summer, I bought him an authentic NCAA football and we worked on his technique and acurracy every other day, some days he didn't really want to, but we did it anyway. Today was their first game action, a 20 minute scrimmage against the Redskins, he's on the Rams. He threw for 2 touchdowns, one of which was 25-30 yards in the air, and threw for a 2pt conversion as well!!!

I'm so proud of him!

That is great Rich, sounds like we have a proud future pro NFL player parent on our hands... How old is he???

Proud Mom
I thank my luck stars we have a boy. I am not sure I could handle a daughter for the reasons you mentioned above... I am sure it will be tough when my son grows up and moves away but not as tough as having a daughter... Is she moving far??

Old 09-11-2005, 12:48 PM

No, she's not moving far. Just a couple of towns over. And we've made plans to get together at least once a week and go out to dinner. I'm sure everything will work out fine. I'll just need a little time to adjust to my empty nest!

Michele

Old 09-11-2005, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass
That is great Rich, sounds like we have a proud future pro NFL player parent on our hands... How old is he???
haha, that'd be nice! He's 9, will be 10 on Tuesday

Old 09-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

being a senior and a football player i owe my parents so much for putting me in football. its taught me alot off the field and and its the best feeling ever playin football my senior year and having colleges scouting you its unreal... your doing a good job

Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 AM

thanks