Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Aggrivating

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Aggrivating

I mean almost every thing I've done recently.
Like working on my first car.

The entire rear has been out from under the car for clost to a month now. Working 1 hr/day doesn't get you real far, real fast. But that's about all the time I get to spend on the car.

I took both leaf springs packs completely apart. Gathered up the extra leaf springs I have laying around and commenced to setting up two leaf spring packs that were close to the same in height. My attempt at getting the car to set level once it's back on all fours.

After a little work, I have two leaf springs that are almost 100% equal in height. Took one pack apart and went to cleaning up each individual leaf spring. Got the bright idea of cleaning the rust off so all you see is clean metal. I made a trip to home depot and found some tape with teflon in it since everyone says to use teflon inbetween the leaves so they slide past each other easier. Got the leaves in primer, applied tape to the mating side, put the spring pack back together and started painting yesterday. I went out today to finish painting the side most visible. Had it all nice n purdy. I needed to move the part and #$%^*...... the flipped over on me and touched the concrete floor. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

There went the self etching primer, the fill primer, AND the paint. So smart me, I'll spot paint to cover the damage. NOPE! The primer wrinkled verything under it. Just like wrinlle paint.

Now I get to strip & re-paint the spring pack. AND. I still have the other pack to celan and paint.

Everything I've done recently, it's taken 3 times to get it right. My mom being in the hospital, and the recent death of my uncle have made things that much more stressful.

I need a vacation.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sometimes things don't go the way we hope they should. Learn from our mistakes is the best teaching.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Hi Mod R.J.,
"If first you don't succeed, try, try again"
Practice makes perfect, but what's the hurry...Wait until you are rested and have fun with your hobbies...If U don't, then sell them (`What?: ) and enjoy your remaining fun toys....I've learned that the less I have, the less I have 2 worry about...I have very little worldly possesions, but I am happy & thankful for the few things I have..."Friends are more precious then Gold...~> thus, I'm a very Rich`Kid : )"

I wish you rest, and having fun again working on all your awesome rides 4-Sure....Your net friend `Space
&

Old 03-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Vacation time , sometimes you have to walk away from project and return later ....

Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Default hang in..........

RJ.....Hang in there Buddy.
Stay focused.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Just keep trying over, nothing goes planned for anyone. Especially people working on cars.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
rj
15 Year Member

We all know working on a car (or even life) can be a trial some times.

I know I can walk away any time I choose to from this project. But that's also a part of the problem. I walked past it too many times since tearing in to it. And the money to move the project forward just never seemed to be there. That's why I made a decision to do as much as I could on my limited budget and to see how far along I could take the project towards completion. (not that they're ever done)

I did get the first leaf spring pack stripped on saturday and is now re-painted with the new front bushing installed along with a new mounting bolt, washer, and nut. So I started on the second leaf spring pack. Trying to re-work it and then painted.