Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Active MCF Members ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Active MCF Members ?

[align=center] [/align][align=center]What type are you ?

SevenTypes ofMonte Carlo FamilyMembers

The Worker Bees. These are the people that keep the forum moving. When someone posts a question they are quick to research the answer. When someone posts for advice, they give it. When someone need hugs, or encouragement they are there to offer it. These forum members will rarely cause controversy but they are the heart and soul of the community. They are the ones that keep coming back to make it lively. [/align][align=center]I strive to be a worker `be....e : )[/align][align=center]Space has , he need's to get a life.[/align][align=center]He will when he get's his 86SS : ) Oh, WoW...[/align][align=center]

Protector of the Community. Calls out trolls, like to keep threads organized, and tries to diffuse drama. These people take pride in their community and are protective of it. It is the neighborhood they hang out in. They like to see it organized. If there are multiple threads started about a similar topic they will often take on the moderator role and helpfully funnel the traffic into one centralized location. If they suspect a user is a “troll” or someone that does not contribute to the community, they are quick to call them out, or even report to moderators. If things are slow, they are likely to start threads to keep people engaged.
Like that darn `Space : )

The Poster with a Cause. This user type has one cause or belief that they feel terribly strongly about. Whether it is the environment, a particular charity, animal rescue, whatever is it, this poster cannot help to inject this cause into the majority of their responses on a thread. At times it can be helpful additional information; at times it can turn this user into a thread hijacker. The user name may be reflective of this cause.

The Thread Hijacker. They have a hard time staying on topic. This person will derail a thread to oblivion annoying the protectors of the community the most. An example of a typical exchange with a thread hijacker:
Thread Topic: “How can I get myMonte to go faster?”
Thread Hijacker: “I don’t know the answer to your question, but does anybody have any experience with (insert:the speed of a Mustang GT)?
Sometimes it takes, and sometimes it doesn’t.
[/align][align=center][b](above does not apply 2 `Becky : )

The Ring Leader. This is a person that can change the tide of the thread. They are key influencers. An opposing view from the majority is welcome from this poster by other members. I’ve found people that I would put into this category are well thought out, and can also be extremely supportive of their peers. They wield their power carefully, but make no mistake that they have it. Once a ring leader has made up their mind about you or yoursubject their minions are likely to follow or at least be influenced.

The Controversy Starter. Always looking to call a poster out. Loves to stir up controversy. There can be a thread about a controversial topic, w

Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Default RE: Active MCF Members ?

[align=center]We also must not 4-get[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]net·i·quette (nÄ•t'Ä*-kÄ•t', -kÄ*t) n. [/align][align=center]Etiquette practiced or advocated in electronic communication over a computer network forum.[/align][align=center]The most important rule of netiquette is, "Think before posting". If an intended post will not make a positive contribution to theMCF and be of interest to several readers, it should not be posted. Personal messages to one or two individuals should be sent via private message PM, not posted to for everyone. [/align][align=center][:-]Click belowto review[:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_38114/tm.htm[/align][/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Oh wow, I see a great thread in the making.

I am having trouble finding the right category.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 AM

wait i dont know which one i am...any ideas anyone?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:14 AM

[align=center]LOL ~ LOL,[/align][align=center]I think there's a little bit of every category in each of us : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I guess each member can create their own : )[/align][align=center]I just thought it would be another interesting post, atleast[/align][align=center]for `Space, but everyone knows that he's way out there....[/align][align=center]SomeWhere in `Space[/align][align=center]Oh WoW [/align][align=center]That's 4 Sure [/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center][align=center][:-]Maybe you are a[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Philosopher can actually be quite knowledgeable on a variety of subjects. Somewhat humorless and aloof, he is also slow to anger, and when he deigns to join in the fray he is considerate of other opinions. His fighting tactics are direct and uncomplicated - he smothers the opposition with his ponderous and lengthy cogitations. Only the strongest and most patient Warriors can survive an extended battle with Philosopher.[/align][/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 AM

[align=center]I hope we don't have to many of the below[/align][align=center]in our Monte Carlo Family : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Profundus Maximus eagerly holds forth on all subjects, but his thin knowledge will not support a sustained assault and therefore his attacks quickly peter out. Profundus Maximus often uses big words, obscure terms and...ahem...even Latin to bluff his way through battle..[/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM

You should have added a "Crazy Fools" option or something, as I don't see myself as fitting into any of those very well... I'm more of a sponge browser, reading what people put down and adding my own, then recalling it when needed.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM

[align=center]Garrett, how about the below ? [/align][align=center]I think it applies to you : )[/align][align=center][:-]

[/align][align=center]Eagle Scout is a positive, constructive Warrior who endeavors to submit original articles which contain useful content and relevant information with supporting citations and links, thus initiating meaningful discussion threads. Eagle Scout regards the internet as an uplifting, egalitarian, worldwide arena for the exchange of ideas among intelligent, thinking individuals. He does not openly attack, but will (ever tactfully) chastise disruptive comments, gratuitous insults and cretinous insipidity. He is always kind and helpful to Newbieand will shrug off even the most egregious insults.[/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

To some extent or another, I am all of them. I'm a worker bee anda controversy starter before anything though

Old 02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
The Thread Hijacker. They have a hard time staying on topic. This person will derail a thread to oblivion annoying the protectors of the community the most. An example of a typical exchange with a thread hijacker:
Thread Topic: “How can I get myMonte to go faster?”
Thread Hijacker: “I don’t know the answer to your question, but does anybody have any experience with (insert:the speed of a Mustang GT)?
Sometimes it takes, and sometimes it doesn’t.
[/align][align=center](above does not apply 2 `Becky : )
[/align][align=center][/align]
ROFLMAO, but I don't mean to. (oh no, I hear thunder, hope it doesn't hail on my sick baby) See I did it again. Notice too, that is the only one with a female pictured, hmmm..... LOL
You are most definitelya worker bee.

Quick Reply: Active MCF Members ?