Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ACLU

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default ACLU

I just them them a "MERRY CHRIStMAS" message.

Anyone else who want to....

http://www.aclu.org/contact/general/index.html

Old 12-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Default RE: ACLU

[sm=wtf.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 PM

That is friggin AWESOME!!!!!!!

Mark - The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) basically likes to ban anything that is Christian or religious and supports special interests over the populous. They are the ones that ban things like being a student and just having the bible in a public school, having Merry Christmas on City Hall, putting the 10 commandments on state property (because you know it is such bad advice even if you aren't a Christian)

Old 12-21-2007, 02:55 PM

Now if I can only figure a way to write a script that randomly picks info from whitepages.com and sends them a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Now if I can only figure a way to write a script that randomly picks info from whitepages.com and sends them a Merry Christmas.
That's an awesome idea.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:20 PM

Thanks 04, I know about the ACLU....

Not everything the ACLU does is bad, just like everything the NRA does isn't bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

The ACLU tries to speak for ALL Americans, not just the Christians.

Although the above relates to the Germans and the Jews, the way our civil liberties are being destroyed by our current lawmakers, President, and Supreme Court, this may be true for practically anybody soon depending on who controls the power.....It's all good for the Republicans right now, but what happens when the Dems take total, veto proof control of everything? Think about that, Hillary Clinton with all the powers Bush claims to have right now....LOL

Much as the telecom companies are spying on ALL of us,(trust me, they are, and they aren't the only ones),and the discussion about net neutrality is big right now, where are these clowns (all politicians) going to stop?

Think about it, no matter what your political, religious or sexual persuasion, there is always somebody looking to take awayYOUR rights and or freedoms.

Although I know a lot of people are afraid of their own shadows after 9/11, I personally refuse to be afraid. I didn't spend the best years of my life serving in the military to see my rights and freedoms taken away because of 19 lunatics and their buddies. If we were really serious about stopping the terrorists, we might try starting where those 19 and their idol Osama came from.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:20 PM

Are you talking about the supposed "WAR ON CHRISTMAS"?

Is this similar to this?

http://www.jacobsen.no/anders/blog/a...tmas_xmas.html

Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 PM

I don't want anybody getting too upset about my previous posts, just for the record:

"Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"

I have to tell you, this immigration stuff really burns my butt,
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but unless you are an Alaskan Eskimo or a Native American Indian, YOU or your family) are an immigrant, too. This illegal immigration has been an ongoing problem for 40+ years. The reason I mention this is to reference my previous post......

My grandparents were among the people that THEY (in their case, it was the Communists) came for, and there was nobody left to speak for them....
Fortunately, for them and my father (and for me),they escaped from THEM. My great-grandfather wasn't as lucky. They shot him in front of my great-grandmother, in his front yard.

If they had not immigrated to the United States, when it was a LOT easier to do, I might not be here, and they might not be either. They spoke very little, broken English and went on to become GREAT AMERICANS, in my humble opinion......

To go from escaping with what little they could carry, and their son, to the things they ended up accomplishing in their lifetimes was a fantastic thing, and it could ONLY have happened in the United States of America.

To deny people who have been here for generations the same chances and hopes and dreams just seems un-American to me.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mad717

I don't want anybody getting too upset about my previous posts, just for the record:

"Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"

I have to tell you, this immigration stuff really burns my butt,
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but unless you are an Alaskan Eskimo or a Native American Indian, YOU or your family) are an immigrant, too. This illegal immigration has been an ongoing problem for 40+ years. The reason I mention this is to reference my previous post......

My grandparents were among the people that THEY (in their case, it was the Communists) came for, and there was nobody left to speak for them....
Fortunately, for them and my father (and for me),they escaped from THEM. My great-grandfather wasn't as lucky. They shot him in front of my great-grandmother, in his front yard.

If they had not immigrated to the United States, when it was a LOT easier to do, I might not be here, and they might not be either. They spoke very little, broken English and went on to become GREAT AMERICANS, in my humble opinion......

To go from escaping with what little they could carry, and their son, to the things they ended up accomplishing in their lifetimes was a fantastic thing, and it could ONLY have happened in the United States of America.

To deny people who have been here for generations the same chances and hopes and dreams just seems un-American to me.
Actually we had a great discussion on immigration at the bar last night (where all great discussions take place). Basically it regarded Lincolns policies during the Civil War. For those that don't remember their history too well it came down to attrition because the South was too damn good. To clear this up, in the 1800's most of the Southern malesspent time shooting deer, rabbits and varmin for fun and food. In the north it didn't happen as much as it was much more civilized and the population base didn't have as many weapons per se.

In summary of this the South could simply outshoot the North because they were "trained" in marksmanship in their day to day lives. Those in the North knew how to spell though.

Anyway Lincoln's tactic was then to take the immigrants coming from Ireland to get off the boats bringing them to America, register themselves as US Citizens (no test or anything) thenwalk a bit more and sign up into the US Army and get on another boat to take them to the South. Not the best way to start your new life and Freedom in America.... you earned it hardcore.

On the flip side the South could have won and we wouldn't have to pay property taxes.

I think that might be a good idea for illegal immigrants caught now.... draft them!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:01 PM

Just for a point of referance I went to Wikipedia to check out if they had more info on the land taxation that caused the initial seperation of the Union and the Confederacy. Not a damn word about it!!!!

Wikipedia only has the slave propaganda platform that is taught in schools and nothing about the forcing of land taxes that the South originally rebelled against.