Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Accident...

Old 02-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Default Accident...

Well guys and girls...I've been stuck on the couch since Sat. the 14th because I was in a vehicle accident that I do NOT want to re-live. On Friday the 13th (of all days) I came home from school with my friend at about 11:45ish. We called up another one of our friends to go out to lunch. He came over and we knew he was down the road because he has a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 6 in. lift, flowmasters and an exhaust cut-out so you all can imagine how loud that truck is... So he backs up into my drive-way and tells me to listen for this clicking noise coming from down below. I went down and under for a bit to try and pinpoint the location in which the clicking was coming from. My other friend was standing on the passengers side of the truck watching me. After a while my friend asked my other friend if I had moved. But the truck is so loud that he interpreted it as "Is it loose?" so my friend was thinking well yea somethings loose because it's clicking so he gives my friend in the truck a thumbs up and yell s"Yea". Soon after I see the tire coming for me and it was about to crush my chest when I dodged as fast as I could so it would run over my legs instead. My friend driving thought I stuck something under his tire before moving so he didn't think anything of it until he moved the truck and saw me lying on the road yelling for help. I was rushed to the hospital because I couldn't feel my legs. I waited hours because they were telling me they were transfering me to another hospital. It took them 6 hours, 30 minutes and 3 shots of morphine before they finally transferred me. So they finally stayed with me and my fiance stayed the night with me and helped me with everything. And they wouldn't let me eat anything. Finally after hours of waiting and having to do X-rays, a doctor comes in telling me I can finally eat (mind them I hadn't eaten these past 28 hours). So my fiance goes and gets me a sub from subway in the hospital at like 1:15 a.m. yea, 1:15, thats when they tell me I can eat...middle of the night when Im trying to sleep. So all I really care for is the Pepsi, sip it, get sick because of all the medicines I've been taking by mouth and I.V. and who can forget all the times they were coming in taking blood samples and hemoglobin... So I was done for the night, with the exception of having to wake up every hour during the night to some nurse needing other samples and needing to know how I'm doing. I mean, I was sleeping, do I look like I need help? They stopped coming in around 4:00 a.m. and thats when the doctor came in and said I was one of the luckiest people they know to be able to come in and leave the next day with just and fractured pelvis and femur and able to leave the next day seeing how it is that I was ran over by a 2 ton vehicle. But they let me go the next day around 12:45. I do have to say that the nurses and doctors were very friendly and I do look forward to going back for my follow-up mid March. I guess I'm just trying to get a point across to say: Please be careful in any kind of vehicle maintenance work you try to do. Life is precious and it goes to show you that it can be taken away just as easily as it was given. I'm going to be very lucky to be able to get up and walk again after I've fully recovered. Take it easy out there and avoid big trucks!

2006 Monte Carlo LT
Custom dual exhaust
26% window tint
Dual black rally stripes

Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 AM
Default RE: Accident...

[align=center]Hi `Brad,[/align][align=center]I am happy that you are still with `us 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]From now on, I would stay in bed on Friday the 13th [X(][/align][align=center]Human beings are inherently fragile, and should not be[/align][align=center]under large trucks. [X(][/align][align=center]I hope that you have a fast recovery with no complications.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Some lessons in life can be dangerous. Thanks 4 reminding[/align][align=center]us how fragile life can be.[/align][align=center]"Here one moment, gone the next" [X(][/align][align=center]Happy that U R still here 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]Hope U had med insurance to cover the high cost.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1FastMonteCarloLT
Super/Super Member

Status: offline/recovering[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wondered why you have not been online,[/align][align=center]but I think you have a great excuse for not contributing[/align][align=center]on the MCF.[/align][align=center]I bet you friends are really feeling bad, and hopefully[/align][align=center]they have learned from this bad experience.[/align][align=center]We live & hopefully learn from the bad, not to repeat.[/align][align=center]Brad, take good care, and keep `us updated[/align][align=center]on your recovery...Oh, do you need someone to take care[/align][align=center]of your awesome Monte while you are down : ) ?[/align][align=center]I `will...lol...Wish U a speedy recovery.[/align][align=center]from[/align][align=center]`Space & the BeachBums[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 AM

[align=center]Hey `Brad,[/align][align=center]Below isa link &location/phone # for Subway,[/align][align=center]so that your girlfriend, can go get you food[/align][align=center]while you recovery.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Summerville Sandwich Restaurants
1205 N Main St Ste A, Summerville, SC 29483 map, 1.90 miles ... Subway. (843) 875-0104, Write Review. 1325 Boone Hill Rd, Summerville, SC 29483 map ...
yellowpages.charleston.com/Summerville/Sa... - 65k - Similar pages [/align]

Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Brad, all i can say is you really are the luckiest man alive. Were hoping that you have a fast and successful recovery.

But just remember....

Dodge bad. GM Good.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:15 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Holy crap! I am so glad you are OK.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

Holy crap! I am so glad you are OK.
[:-]
[align=center]~ Laughter is good medicine ~[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I thought that `Cat was run over by a Big Truck [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Holy crap your pants time! LOL

[/align][align=center]Oh ~ No [][/align][align=center][/align][align=left]ps. `Amy, love your new `sig.[/align]

Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is a rough tale... I'm just glad you will still be able to walk and get around. Good thing you moved out of the way to not have your chest ran over.

Thanks for sharing this story with us. Perhaps I will ahve to go have my mufflers put back on now!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Good thing you are alright. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BUT YOU'RE MONTE IS OKAY RIGHT?!?!?!?!

kidding, feel bettter

Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 AM

ouch best of luck in ur recovery! ill take care of ur monte for a while for u lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accident...