Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>8 cars with surprisingly solid gas mileage (8 photos)<

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool >8 cars with surprisingly solid gas mileage (8 photos)<

8 cars with surprisingly solid gas mileage (8 photos) <Click (EnJoy)

While many car buyers may be content with a vanilla compact or midsize with a four-cylinder, those who want something more luxurious or powerful inevitably pay a premium not only with a higher sticker price, but also at the

==============================================

Seller Rejects Million-Dollar Offer For Ferrari 575 GTZ < Click

If someone offered you a million bucks for your car, you'd take it, right? Well, you probably would if the car in question was your beat-up old Honda Civic and the man with the money had momentarily taken leave of his senses, but in the rarefied world of coachbuilt cars it isn't so simple. Back in 2006, renowned coachbuilder Zagato built six Ferrari 575 GTZ coupes, on the 575 Maranello platform. Each was officially given Ferrari's blessing--a difficult enough process in itself--and flowing bodywork inspired by Ferrari's vintage models of the 1950s and 1960s.

MotorAuthority

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-16-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Unhappy ReCalling your Car ?

Huge GM Recall: Chevrolet Corvette, Malibu, Silverado, Tahoe, Cadillac CTS, GMC Sierra, More

Early this morning, General Motors announced five separate recalls, affecting roughly 2.7 million Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, and Saturn vehicles

Most Reliable 2014 Trucks

Dependability is important to pickup truck buyers. Often bought for work rather than play, trucks must be counted upon to deliver unwavering reliability every single day. Here we highlight those truck models that J.D. Power predicts will prove to be the most dependable over time.

J.D. Power and Associates

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-16-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:34 AM

Riding in the new 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, an exercise in nimblicity

"They can't stop all of us." That was my thought, standing with a group of other writers on the tarmac outside the Charlotte Motor Speedway, a few feet from the new 2015 Ford Mustang and the even-newer 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbo engine. Ford had brought a group of journalists to North Carolina to talk about racing, but dangled the carrot of time in the all-new pony car. Unfortunately, that time was to be spent entirely in the passenger seat, with as much sway over the car's direction as a passing butterfly.

Motoramic

Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Thumbs up

Chevy Camaro Z/28 Hits The Dyno With Redline Motorsports: Video

That has now changed thanks to Redline Motorsports. MUST SEE: Big Block Smart Car Pulls Wheelies, Sounds Like The Apocalypse: Video

MotorAuthority

Old 05-16-2014, 04:56 AM

The Vette numbers aren't surprising to me. I've seen many C5 Vettes break 30 in the real world. I've seen my share of 4th gen Z28 Camaros approach 30 with the manual, and I got 27 on average out of my 87 IROC.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I heard about GM having more recalls. What is going on with GM lately, it seems all there cars have had a recall this year.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Cool Don't worry, GM will take care of your problems, or the government will (??)

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
I heard about GM having more recalls. What is going on with GM lately, it seems all there cars have had a recall this year.

Hi `Zach, Quality is job #1 (?)

I find it very sad & it's going to be very expensive 4 GM 4>Sure I guess the good news is that it will keep the GM Service Dept busy & employed. I sure hope that GM improves & takes care of their customer's or they will lose them 4>Real....

Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I thought my Camaro would get better gas mileage than it does. Granted on a highway, it's perfectly fine, but my usual stop and go to work only nets me about 17 mpgs lol

Granted, I don't live far enough from work to actually care about my gas mileage, but I did think it would be a touch better.

With the GM recalls, I think they were getting a lot of flack a few years ago about their cheap interiors, and less standard options, etc. I really feel like they stepped up their game some in those aspects, now they cut corners in a few different spots and it was a very very poor choice lol

Old 05-17-2014, 03:23 AM
Cool Filling in some empty spaces on the MCF (lol) EnJoy

Admin `Mike, you should be getting better MPG's ?
The company 2012 Caddy CTS that Space gets 2 drive averages 22.4 & it's a 3.6L, automatic... (the company keeps records on all company rides) It's a lease ride.

I got 2 drive it a few times & it's a super ride & had no problems > & is a powerful engine 4 what it is

Latest Autos Slideshows

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-17-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:44 AM

I hate to say it, but I'm seriously considering a Nissan Titan for my next truck. I don't like the styling of the newer (07 and up) Chevys, and all these recalls have me a little uneasy of a newer GM. If I get a GM it'll be an older 3/4 ton, but a newer Titan can tow almost 10,000 lbs. Heck, an 05+ Frontier can tow as much, if not more, than my Suburban.

Quick Reply: >8 cars with surprisingly solid gas mileage (8 photos)<