Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

7th Gen parts on 6th?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 7th Gen parts on 6th?

Hey guys (girls?) I just signed up this Forum, I also belong to 60degreev6.com...

I thought my question would bebetter answeredhere as this is about Monte Carlo's only...

Ok so i was wondering if anyone knows how much work it would be to change the front endof a 2000 to a 2006/07.

Does it all just bolt on? i do realize that i would have to change the hood, fenders, bumper cover and head ligths...

Just wondering if i would have to do any costum fab.? It seems like all they changed was the body panels so i would assume that they would just bolt on but i rather be sure before i start looking for parts.

Thanks for your time!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 7th Gen parts on 6th?

I remember someone else mentioning that they did exactly that a while back. Or they were considering it.
The body panels you mentioned should bolt right up. Hood, fenders, bumper cover and headlight assembly.
However, I've been told that the wire harness for the headlightsis different. But I'm not 100% on this. Perhaps someone who is familiar with both can verify this?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM

it is highly likely that the harness is different. but i have a feeling that they arent exactly the same. if you could find one fender and try putting that on first would be best. this is because you have to make sure that the bodylines line up, then the fender to the top of the door. then if that fits get the other fender and hood. the least likely parts that wont work will be the latch and the hinges. then the bumper is to come. you will likely have problems with the upper parts. some hole drilling and u-nuts may be in order. then dont ferget teh wheels skirts and splash shield. ohhh most important is the absorber and reinforcement. you may have to reem a couple of holes there to either raise or lower it to fit. then obviously a new style absorber.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member

Jesus F*** lol.. more work then i intented thats for sure... i might just be better off waiting for some dumb *** kid to wreck his fathers SS and hopefully the front end wont have any damage... lol drop the engine? ...there goes a hell of alot work...

Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 PM

Search ebay there are plenty wrecked LS4 Impalas and Montes.

The impala front is the same as the monte minus the front chin spoiler. Hood, Headlights same. Bumper almost the same except you will need to drill holes for the spoiler.

Did I mentioned that I have a front bumper for a Monte, the front spoiler is gone the bumper needs a litlle TLC and will look like new.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Several has asked this question before.

The answer I offer is keep in mind the front clip from an '06/07 Monte/Impala is a complete re-design from '00-05. So you could get in to more then you realize.

Things I can think of: mounting brackets to hold the fenders & bumper. You may need to buy all new to get the fenders on your '00-05 Monte.

It could even be with the re-design the fenders may not even line up with the '00-05 doors? I'm just guessing on this but it may be an issue?

Also the power bulge hood from the '06-07 Monte/Impala may not fit to the '00-05 windshield?

Serveral '00-05 Monte owners have put '06 Monte taillights on their cars that went right on their cars.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM

that is correct about the tail lights. but as far as i have seen it is only that that does. the rear bumper might to. i canm tell you how to find out. (i take apart cars at work) there are 2 bolts going into the bumper on each side on the inside of the QPs. then on in the upper corners in the wheel well. they should be 10 mm. then along the top there are push rivets, i think 4 of them. then on the botton going into the reinforcement there is two of them similar push rivets.

ironincally i have taken myne apart (to paint it) and one of urs. but i coulndt tell you if they will fit. the body lines would be in the biggest problems. once you get that its all good. as brackets will transfer if you get off a totaled rearend collision. as far as i can tell the doors are pretty damn the same, rear QP glass is different, back glass is the same from looks, and the windshild seems the same. windshield wipers on the other hand are different.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member

Alot of things to consider, thats for sure... i was just hoping to find someone who has done it...

Maybe i should just save my money for downpayment on 07 SS next year... its sad but they are already going 22-25k... but with 9 points on my license im sure the insurance companies will love me (so far the havent found out hahaha, one more year to go and im in the clear!!)

Old 01-10-2009, 04:25 PM

yes there is alot of things to consider. a down payment on a black 2006 with a loan froma bank would be good. it would look the best with a black one with blue and white pearl flames with SS and a silver stripe on the hood lines, blue pearl accenting the bumper lines, grilles and fog lights.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member

that is correct about the tail lights. but as far as i have seen it is only that that does. the rear bumper might to. i canm tell you how to find out. (i take apart cars at work) there are 2 bolts going into the bumper on each side on the inside of the QPs. then on in the upper corners in the wheel well. they should be 10 mm. then along the top there are push rivets, i think 4 of them. then on the botton going into the reinforcement there is two of them similar push rivets.

ironincally i have taken myne apart (to paint it) and one of urs. but i coulndt tell you if they will fit. the body lines would be in the biggest problems. once you get that its all good. as brackets will transfer if you get off a totaled rearend collision. as far as i can tell the doors are pretty damn the same, rear QP glass is different, back glass is the same from looks, and the windshild seems the same. windshield wipers on the other hand are different.

Something else to consider.

Chevy claimed the quarter panels on '06 (which means the '07 as well) Montes were raised up compared to the '00-05 Montes.

I didn't think there was much difference. First time I parked the '06 LTZ next to the '03 Pace car for a photo shoot I could see a difference in the QPs from one car to the other.

If you're considering using any '06-07 Monte QP pieces on your car it may be a fitmentissue for you?

Quick Reply: 7th Gen parts on 6th?