Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

4th of July

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:58 AM
Photobucket
Default 4th of July

Figured someone would eventually throw this one out there, so why wait.

What's everyone got planned for the 4th? A whole bunch of buddies and I are going rafting down the trukee river, every single college nearby goes up there on the 4th and it turns into a freakin mad house. almost like a mini Mardi-Gras in the middle of a river. Great times. We get like, 2 of those huge coolers and pack them as full as possible with booze and beer and tie it to the raft and pull it like a trailer. Wives aren't aloud of course.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Photobucket
Default RE: 4th of July

I'm sorry, I am still a little drunk from this weekend. I meant *allowed*

Old 06-27-2005, 10:43 AM

Figured someone would eventually throw this one out there, so why wait.

What's everyone got planned for the 4th? A whole bunch of buddies and I are going rafting down the trukee river, every single college nearby goes up there on the 4th and it turns into a freakin mad house. almost like a mini Mardi-Gras in the middle of a river. Great times. We get like, 2 of those huge coolers and pack them as full as possible with booze and beer and tie it to the raft and pull it like a trailer. Wives aren't aloud of course.

Cool, sounds like your going to have a blast!!!!!!

I'll probably do the old married man routine, lots of alcohol, lots of bbq and I am sure one hell of a honey do list to mow through....

I may head to Galveston Saturday.

TVW

Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 AM

im heading a hour away from here to the ink spot on most maps called Luxemburg for a 4 country yes i said it right 4 country auto show of all american cars in the area.
So i get to get away from the hunny do's torcher and also the kiddos staying home with mom WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

oh but TAV your welcome to tag along all you have to do is meet us at 0600 in the parking lot of the Real (its a store here) so you can follow the convoy of our club and 30 others that have decided to go with us

Should be a blast!!!! camping all weekend and BBQ . And Germany food yep ill be fat and happy and sunburned by the time i come home. but i hope to have some photos to show of it to depends on how drunk we can get LOL

Old 06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: mickey

im heading a hour away from here to the ink spot on most maps called Luxemburg for a 4 country yes i said it right 4 country auto show of all american cars in the area.
So i get to get away from the hunny do's torcher and also the kiddos staying home with mom WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

oh but TAV your welcome to tag along all you have to do is meet us at 0600 in the parking lot of the Real (its a store here) so you can follow the convoy of our club and 30 others that have decided to go with us

Should be a blast!!!! camping all weekend and BBQ . And Germany food yep ill be fat and happy and sunburned by the time i come home. but i hope to have some photos to show of it to depends on how drunk we can get LOL

Sounds like a plan to me Mickey. I will try to take lot's of pics too. Hey what's a good like....photo sharing site or something, like PhotoIsland or whatever?. I wanted to post a butt load of pictures so that I can just paste links.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:43 PM

Count me in, where should I send the transport bill to get my Monte over the pond? I better get some BBQ out of this one...

TVW

Old 06-27-2005, 07:18 PM

youll never make it if your going to do it that way it takes 3 months to get it here and that is on the fast boat

but hey your welcome to fly over and hang on to the bumper

Old 06-27-2005, 07:24 PM

SS actually Yahoo has a photo site but to have like a extra storage place you can go to photobucket.com
I belive that is right might be .org ??

most of those sites are pretty good big things to watch out for are the ones that allow you to upload to them but then if you want your photos back they charge you for them . they get stock photos that way

also remeber if they say anythign about singing your rights to your pohots away or to them get away and fast that means they own your photos once it is on thier site. you nolonger can print them etc.... with out a payment or thier permission.

yahoos site is a family photo site tye deal and you can invite others in to see them and also you hve a option of making it lkike a hard drive or server on teh net for ya.

msn has one to not real sure about thiers havent used it.

i made a photo group on Yahoo and have it set up as a invite only or i have to allow you to join the group then i dont aprove anyone to look at it and i store alot of photos files out there so if i lose a hard drive again i dont have to reload them all.
then i back everythign up on to a extrenal hard drive and park it on a shelf every other day if i lose somethign now it was my fualt for not doing somethign right LOL

Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 PM

im sure that we will do nothing...

i spent the 4th of july from 1997-2002 being one of the guys that sets up and sets off the shows...it pays REALLY well...but its an AWFUL job...

Old 06-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Photobucket

Well heck, I guess if you don't mind missing out on the fun it's all good go to. me personally, I couldn't do it. I need to get away every once in a while, especially in my line of work.

Quick Reply: 4th of July