Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

45th Anniversary Edition Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Thumbs up 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro

Just saw these pics on facebook. I'm trying to find a link with info about it now...

Check out the 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro. It has an exclusive appearance packing, including a Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color complete with a Brilliant Red and Medium Charcoal racing stripe.

I'm gonna upload the rest of the pics later...my dumb school internet isn't wanting to load the rest of the pics for me to see ughh.

Link to story on Speed...

AUTOS: 45th Anniversary Camaro Prepped
2012 models of Chevy sports coupe and convertible get more performance from V6 and tweaked suspension option for SS.

Chevrolet launches its 45th Anniversary Special Edition Camaro this summer on both V6 and V8 models with a special paint treatment, wheels and interiors , while V6 models across the board get a boost in horsepower and the SS receives a new FE4 performance suspension package.

The anniversary models include all optional upgrades for 2012, Chevy said, with unique design features for the body and interior.

Along with its anniversary, Chevrolet is also celebrating Camaro’s ascendancy over arch-rival Ford Mustang in 2010 sales.

“The appeal of Camaro design and performance has powered it to the top of its segment,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “For 2012, we’re capitalizing on that momentum with enhancements to Camaro’s performance and comfort.”

Chevy also is unveiling the the high-performance Camaro ZL1 for 2012, which the GM division calls “the most technologically advanced car ever developed in its segment.”

An 11 horsepower increase to 323 horsepower will be delivered by the new 3.6L direct-injection V-6, the LFX engine, the automaker said, with no fuel-mileage penalty. Among the improvements to the new engine are:

• New cylinder head design with integrated exhaust manifold.
• Improved intake port design and larger intake valves within the cylinder heads.
• Longer-duration intake camshafts.
• Composite intake manifold.
• New fuel pump and isolated fuel rail.
• New, optimized-flow fuel injectors.
• Structural front cover and cylinder block enhancements.
• Stronger and lighter-weight connecting rods.
• Camshaft cap and throttle body design enhancements.
I personally loveee the way it looks from the outside...especially that stripe on the hood

Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Found the other pics that facebook wouldn't load on a diff site...sorry they are bigger then the others

^^^Loveee the sparkly paint =)

^^I love how the stitching incorporates the classic camaro logo with the red, white & blue. The "45" on the seat is neat with the logo in it

Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man that is amazing !!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOVE the stitching on the seats. . . .that's what i wanna have someone do to mine, black leather with blue stitching, but finding someone that'll work with leather around here is not exactly easy. very very cool though

Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just looked up the art work of David Kimble. WOW! That is incredible. Gorgeous looking Camaro as well.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I need to save my money and buy a camaro in 5 years.. I have a feeling that 50th Anniversary is going to be sweeeeeeettttt

Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice. Any idea of how much they're going to be? I like the red and blue stitching in the seats and steering wheel. Not so sure on only having one of the two stripes being partially red. Looks kinda awkward. I'm thinking they should've did one stripe red, the other blue.

I'm with you Mike. I need to start saving my money now. By the time the 50th comes out, they should be selling for around $75,000. As it is here in Canada, a fully loaded 2011 Camaro SS is $50,000.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I love the stitching.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:41 AM

That's Sweet ! WIsh I had the $$$ for that or the ZL!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Hi `Brittany,
Thank You so much for all your Thread Creations with SuperSuper Pictures & links...You really find some great one's & you really add to my dream list : )

I really like that Camaro, but the price is way outa my auto budget, but my dreams are still `free.

I will wait for the diecast model 2 come `out, and then just play with it & make motor sounds LOL
Thanks again, we appreciate all your contributions to our Monte Carlo Family Forum...

Quick Reply: 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro