Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

40 years with a Dodge Charger + more : )

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb 40 years with a Dodge Charger + more : )

Hi `Member's,
I sent the below links to my grandfather & his senior friends & they really enjoyed the vid on the below Charger...I thought a few member's would enjoy the vid + more... EnJoy..Oh, does anyone plan on keeping their Monte Carlo for Life ? Post & let us know I learn so much about so many different auto's on the WorldWideWeb 4-Sure...

Video: 40 years with a Dodge Charger
Marlowe Boyd could be your typical 71-year-old. He's a ...
^ click 2 watch vid

What we drive: 1969 Triumph TR6
Wisdom borne of experience: If you are contemplating th...

<HR id=greyhr2>ESCAPE ROADS

1970 DeTomaso Mangusta: Bring a Trailer specialBy: Andrew Stoy

The name means “mongoose” in Italian, and even if this American half-breed never killed a Cobra on the track, in the looks department it’s still lethal.
DeTomaso built 401 Mangusta sports cars from 1967 to 1971 before it was axed in favor of the ubiquitous Pantera--a ... >>

What would you like to see in the redesigned Viper?

Date Posted: 2011-11-19

<CENTER><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></CENTER>All Content © 2011 Crain Communications, Inc. <!-- end copyright --><!-- END FOOTER --><!-- Add additional tracking, analytics, etc --><STYLE type=text/css>input.styled { display: none; } select.styled { position: relative; width: inherit; opacity: 0; filter: alpha(opacity=0); z-index: 5; } input.disabled { opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=50); }</STYLE><!-- Tynt --><!-- ALMOND NET --><!-- ClickTale end of Bottom part --><!-- Start Specific Media Tag -->

Last edited by Space; 11-25-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:49 AM

The Corvette Daytona Prototype takes to the track: Autoweek TV

Also in this episode: It's been a wild three days for Texas and Formula One, Porsche is building a customer test track in Los Angeles, and the battle for NASCAR's Sprint Cup comes down to the final race of the season this weekend.TRANSCRIPTThe green flag is about to fly on another weekend. And at least in the north, the chill in the air says it's about time for an oil change for the snow blower--and the turkey fryer.So let's get you warmed up for the task with a Friday edition of Autoweek TV.Coming up, we'll take a closer look at the newest Corvette, which hits the track in Daytona in just a...

>> READ MORE >>

Memorable ads from Chevy's first 100 years: Autoweek TV

Also in this episode: Lamborghini adds a rear-drive Spyder to the Gallardo lineup, the Lincoln MKS sedan and MKT wagon get upgrades for 2013, drivers of hybrids are less likely to get hurt in a crash and Infiniti teases a hybrid-powered sports car.TRANSCRIPTWelcome to a Thursday edition of Autoweek TV.In just a couple of minutes, we'll take a look back through the 100 years of Chevrolet, as told through some of its most memorable ads. It will be a real blast from the past, so stick around.But let's get this episode launched with a hot lap around the car world:--The Los Angeles auto show is...

>> READ MORE >>

Last edited by Space; 11-25-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Member's,
I sent the below links to my grandfather & his senior friends & they really enjoyed the vid on the below Charger...I thought a few member's would enjoy the vid + more... EnJoy..Oh, does anyone plan on keeping their Monte Carlo for Life ? Post & let us know I learn so much about so many different auto's on the WorldWideWeb 4-Sure...
Had the monte for 11years so far an I plan on have her for a very long time

Old 11-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I must say i dont really care for the dayton prototype corvette

Old 11-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

That's Nice video about the Charger..

Old 11-26-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by zenloser
Had the monte for 11years so far an I plan on have her for a very long time
^ `Zen, when you have a good one, it's a keeper 4-Sure..
Wish you safe/happy lifetime miles : )

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I must say i dont really care for the dayton prototype corvette
^^^Yes `Mike, we still have freedom of speech : ) Why don't you like it ? I'll take it : )

Originally Posted by zjerry
That's Nice video about the Charger..
^^ Hi `Jerry, I like stories like that & really enjoyed watching the vid of the Owner of the Charger talk about his pride & joy...I hope that I can have a car I love for 40 years +....
Jerry, you should make a vid history of your Corvette.. That would be great to see/watch..

Thanks everyone for your posts

Old 11-26-2011, 10:30 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

That video was pretty sweet! I love stories like that.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:31 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

^^^Yes `Mike, we still have freedom of speech : ) Why don't you like it ? I'll take it : )
Ive just never really liked the Prototype race cars ive always been more for a true sports car race car & that charger vid is pretty sweet

Old 11-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Great Charger video, Space!!! Someday they might film me and my 40-yr.-old Monte Carlo - if I live to be 98 that is. If anybody wants to see a 98-yr.-old sports car driver. If I can still sit upright behind the wheel. And see the road ahead.....never mind.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

..Oh, does anyone plan on keeping their Monte Carlo for Life ? Post & let us know

Right now my Monte is a daily driver. But I'm hoping to make it a second car for good weather only someday. My plans are to keep it as long as possible.

I'm not crazy about the Corvette Daytona either. It's obviously a track only car, and not legal to drive on public streets. And the nearest track to me is MIS in Michigan. The nearest Canadian track is over 2 hours away, and it's a drag strip.

I'd still be willing to drive a Corvette. But I would never own one. Here in Canada, a production street legal Corvette is way too overpriced for what it is. You can get better, more powerful cars for the same price. All of GM's cars are outrageously overpriced here in Canada.

Quick Reply: 40 years with a Dodge Charger + more : )