Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> 4 Amy > 2013 Mustang GT + More

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool > 4 Amy > 2013 Mustang GT + More

Hi Member's,
We are a secure forum, and we can share what else is out there on our highways...We have several member's that also own the Ford Mustang & I like several of them..I can't afford one, but still like the competition between auto companies.
It's good for the consumer. I still like the Chevy ZL`1, but they are over $50K & I know I can't afford one of them.
I hope that member's *and `Amy enjoys this article/review.
I think this GT is the same color as Amy's Mustang..

Episode 3151

Click above for 1/4 mile testing +

<!-- -->
<!-- .clear -->
<!-- .video_player --><!-- -->
<!-- .clear --><!-- -->
<!-- .shadow_left_large --><!-- -->
<!-- .shadow_right_large -->
<!-- .video_player_shadow_holder --><!-- -->
<!-- .clear -->A key to the unending appeal of the Ford Mustang is constant improvement without losing sight of the style and performance that made America’s original pony car a global phenomenon. And for 2013, Ford is again appealing to our driving senses with improvements at every level. Our focus this week is the reworked Mustang GT. It has everything you expect in a Mustang, starting a big 5.0.
Well, if you bought a 2012 Mustang, sorry - it’s great car, but the 2013 Ford Mustang is a whole lot better. And the improvements are spread throughout the car, from 8-more horsepower for our test GT’s signature 5-liter V8, to a pretty through upgrading of most everything you can see and touch, including the sheet metal.
The front end gets a malicious makeover with a tougher looking grille and front splitter. Also, all Mustangs now come with HID headlights and LED accents standard. Side rockers are now body colored on all models and there are 3 new wheel options, for a dizzying total of 12 choices. The rear end gets a little cosmetic surgery as well, adding LED tail lights to the sequential turn signals, bookending a now gloss black panel.
Inside, a new optional LCD screen in the gauge package includes Track Apps so you can monitor acceleration times, G-Forces, and the overall awesomeness of your ‘stang. The BOSS 302’s Recaro seats are now available throughout the lineup, in cloth or leather, and we highly recommend them, as they give great support and are even more comfortable than before. There are also some new audio options, like a Shaker Pro 550-watt system with 9-speakers.
We like that other Boss 302 parts have also trickled down and are now available as options, like a 3.73 Torsen limited-slip rear end. A new GT Track Package bundles a bunch of the Boss’ goodies, including updated engine cooling and 14-inch Brembo brakes.
Having been in dozens of Mustangs over the years, there’s not much that surprised us about our GT. It still puts the power down effectively, and gets you to the end of the ¼-mile in 13.5-seconds. We didn’t mind our car’s manual-shift automatic at all, as planting it in sport mode felt just fine to us. Still, times were not quite as quick as the last pure manual GT we tested, needing 5.1-seconds to hit 60. But, if your need is for ultimate speed, there’s always the 662-horsepower Shelby GT 500, which we will have for you in just a few weeks. We have no complaints at all about this latest 5-point-0, however; it sounds great and revs strongly all the way to its 7,000 RPM red-line. Horsepower now rates 420; torque remains the same as last year at 390 pound feet.
While the brakes aren’t quite up to European sports car standards, they are solidly near the top of the pony car ranks, taking just 111-feet to stop from 60. The only thing we could ask for would be a little more initial bite. Even without the SS Camaro’s independent rear suspension, the Mustang GT still outshines it when it comes to tight twisties, thanks to its lighter weight and very good balance for such a big car. There’s still just the teeniest bit of understeer, but not enough to hinder the nice, quick turn-ins. If you don’t like the amount of steering feel, you can dial in more or less with variable assist, and of course steering with your right foot is always an option as well.
With many engine and transmission options, Government Fuel Economy Ratings vary greatly; but our V8 GT with automatic rates 18-City and 25-Highway. And we averaged a fine 21.4 miles-per-gallon of Regular. Making for an Energy Impact Score of 16.5 barrels of oil consumed per year, with annual CO2 emissions of 7.3 tons. There are more customizing options available than ever before, to truly make your ‘stang’ a unique steed, and you can do that right on Ford’s website. The V8 GT’s price starts at $31,095, but a heavily optioned car like ours can easily top 40-grand. If that’s too rich for your blood, the 305-horsepower Mustang V6 begins at only $22,995. The V6 automatic can now add both manual-shift mode and a Performance Package.
What’s truly amazing, is even though the Mustang has been around for almost 50 years, it still has the same light-on-its-feet/power-on feel it always had. So, it’s still a true red-white & blue winner when it comes to big performance on a modest budget. The only way you’ll be disappointed with any 2013 Ford Mustang is if they go and come out with an even better one next year.

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Great car Space

Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 AM

<CENTER></CENTER>
<BIG></BIG>
<BIG>An error has occured!`Space has lost his Mind again in some auto `Space 4-Sure</BIG>
Maybe , it's because I posted a thread about a FORD
Sometimes I lose Control of my clicker/mind/life
Thanks Mike (JG)
Does anyone else like the Mustang G.T. ?
I'd love to test drive one like in the above `vid 4-Sure

Attached Thumbnails &gt; 4 Amy &gt; 2013 Mustang GT + More-v-bull.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 10-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Great car Space

Thanks `Mike, here's yours > <!-- --><!-- .clear --><!-- --><!-- .shadow_right_small --><!-- --><!-- .clear --><!-- small_image --><!-- .left -->
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 <-Click, Now we know what's out there & so does GM "Competition is Good 4-Everyone that loves High Performance Rides

Last edited by Space; 10-29-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I love those GT500's a local guy bought one & its sweet had it dynoed & it made 610hp to the rear wheels

Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Admittedly..I did drive a Mustang........ONCE!!
a friend from high school had a 65 2 door that was white with a black vinyl top, black leather interior, a 289 hypo motor...et mags all the way around..Mickey Thompson indy 50 series tires on the rears...and headers with full dual exhaust supported by 2 cherry bomb glasspacks..and those long 4 ft chrome tail pipes you use to be able to get from Kmarts way back when..with trumpet formed tips...(A very unique sounding vehicle)

Im sure everyones familiar with the body style and design of the sides of it...He had some fella do a custom pinstripe job that consisted of a bunch of cubes/ square designs...that linked together in such a way it actually looked very cool!..

That C-4 trans took a regular beating! Racing it up and down woodward, gratiot and Telegraph!....Ya we skipped a lot of high school in it to take it to Detroit dragway (which is gone now) as well as the old MotorCity Dragway that use to be near Marine City Which is also gone now..
Those were the days! No cell phones, pagers, or GPS!
Just the sound of the pipes and a Heavy foot on the Loud Pedal!

Thanks for the post Space!
Took me right down memory lane!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI

Thanks for the post Space!
Took me right down memory lane!!!

You're Welcome `David, happy that U EnJoyed
and there's more
Four Mustangs to strut their stuff at SEMA

From superchargers to racing seats, customizers rework the classic pony car.

By AutoWeek Sun 4:47 AM

We know that at least four Mustangs will join the F-150, Focus ST and Fusion displays at the Ford stand during SEMA. They were designed by four customizing outfits, Ringbrothers, Stitchcraft, DSO Eyewear and a joint effort by Mothers, Autosport Dynamics and RTR.

The Ringbrothers Mustang GT starts with a 5.0-liter V8 and six-speed manual. To that Ringbrothers adds a supercharger, suspension upgrades, Baer brakes and a carbon-fiber body kit. It uses waterborne paint for the exterior, which is better for the environment and meets new standards for low volatile organic compounds. Big wheels with rubber-band tires complete the look.<!--EndofExcerptMarker-->

Stitchcraft, a California-based company that reupholsters boats, RVs and cars, started with a V6 Mustang convertible for its show car. Stitchcraft bolted on a nitrous-injection kit, FlowMaster exhaust, Hotchkis coil-overs and Wilwood brakes. The sleek bodykit was done by 3dCarbon while Stitchcraft took care of the interior.

DSO Eyeware may seem like a funny company to customize a car for SEMA. But a quick look on its Web site shows a custom Ford Explorer and Chevy Camaro convertible. The company makes driving shades as well as stylish frames for the young and famous.

DSO didn't mess around, installing a Whipple supercharger with an intercooler to bump output to 750 hp. An Eibach suspension pins the car to the road and Brembo brakes bring everything to a halt. Bodywork was done by 3dCarbon and Rockford-Fosgate donated the audio system.

RTR, a company that knows its way around a Mustang, took on the final car. Again it started with a V8 GT base car and pumped horsepower up to 650. It also added a track-ready suspension and carbon-fiber body kit. Sparco provided the racing seats and the custom upholstery.

-- Jake Lingeman

Last edited by Space; 10-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 PM

2013 Ford Mustang GT Concept Announced for SEMA

In Concept Cars, Ford, SEMA Show / By Bayu Permadi Sasmita / <TIME pubdate="" datetime="2012-10-25">October 29, 2012 - 5:54 PM</TIME> / 0 comments

2013 Ford Mustang GT Concept Announced for SEMA

Detroit automaker has just announced four different models of the Ford Mustang to debut at the 2012 SEMA Show later this month. The first concept comes with a 2013 Ford Mustang GT that is built by Ringbrothers; this concept car gets a 5.0-liter V8 engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
In addition, Ringbrothers also adds several features and ancillary equipment on the Mustang GT include a carbon-fiber body kit, custom waterborne paint, suspension upgrades, Baer brakes, supercharger and big wheels.
The second concept, DSO Eyewear will bring the 2013 Ford Mustang GT to SEMA with a 5.0-liter V8 engine paired with a six-speed SelectShift automatic gearbox and capable of producing 750 horsepower. The V8 engines are also powered by some additional features include a Whipple twin-screw supercharger and intercooler, it makes the engine capable of delivering 750 horsepower.
As for the interior and exterior features, DSO Eyewear adds several features that include Brembo brakes system, Eibach suspension, big wheels, Rockford audio system and 3dCarbon body kit.
The third concept, Mothers (Autosport Dynamics/RTR) will go to the SEMA Show along with the 2013 Ford Mustang GT concept that has been developed by his team. The third concept is powered by a 5.0-liter V8 engine paired with a six-speed manual transmission and capable of providing 650 horsepower, not much larger than the Mustang GT DSO Eyewear.
2013 Ford Mustang GT Concept

As for features, the Mothers teams put some interior and exterior features include a RTR carbon-fiber body kit, custom Sparco seats, custom upholstery, big wheels and track-ready suspension.
[COLOR=#000000]The last concept looks very different than the three previous concepts. The latter is not about the Mustang GT but about the convertible models. Built by Stitchcraft, the 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible is powered by a 3.7-liter V6 engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission, complete with FlowMaster exhaust and nitrous injection.
Unfortunately, no information about the horsepower that will be generated by this car. Meanwhile, Stitchcraft adds some features and equipment that include 3dCarbon body kit, Hotchkis coil-over suspension, big Wilwood brakes, Stitchcraft signature and custom paint scheme.

High-Resolution Photo Gallery:

Read more: 2013 Ford Mustang GT Concept Announced for SEMA | TheCarDriving

Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Great article Space! Ford did an awesome job on the 13 Stang and I love mine! I wish I could have been able to afford the 13 California Special. My local dealership still has one in my color. DROOOOL!!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Never have liked Mustangs, in my opinion they're way to over-hyped ..
If your looking for some real power and style, take a gander of these! These are just some vehicles I would love to get my hands on!

1987 Buick Grand National

Chevy Silverado SS

Corvette C7

(pic removed : ( 2 large 4 thread & hanging up & blocking sponsors...

And of course, the legendary '02 Monte Carlo SS

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Quick Reply: > 4 Amy > 2013 Mustang GT + More