Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport is a Z06 Without a Supercharger + Bonus <

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport is a Z06 Without a Supercharger + Bonus <

The 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport is a Z06 Without a Supercharger

Track-focused, naturally aspirated goodness.​

Chevrolet

BY CHRIS PERKINS
MAR 1, 2016

Chevrolet's Corvette Z06 is one of the fastest, nuttiest cars on sale today. Big tires and aggressive aero make it a monster on track, but its 650 horsepower supercharged V8 can be a lot to handle, especially on the street. For those who want a track-focused car like the Z06, without the supercharger, there's now the Grand Sport, which made its debut Tuesday morning at the Geneva Motor Show.
The Grand Sport moniker first appeared on a 1960s race car, then reappeared with the fourth-generation Corvette in the early 1990s. In 2010, Chevrolet replaced the Z51 package on the sixth-generation Corvette for a Grand Sport and it became the most popular Corvette variant. Now, Chevrolet's brought that name back, but for a much more aggressive car.

The aggressive Z07 aerodynamic package and carbon ceramic brakes from the Z06 are optional on the Grand Sport. Flared fenders house a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's that are much wider than the Pilot Super Sports on a regular Stingray. Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter said these track-ready parts allow the Grand Sport to lap GM's Milford Proving Ground track only 0.6 seconds slower than the last-generation ZR1, despite being down 180-hp.
Juechter also told Road & Track that cooling has been revised to a higher standard than that of the Z06, in response to criticisms that the Z06's cooling system was inadequate. Unlike with the C6, the Grand Sport won't replace the Z51 package outright.

Specific pricing has yet to be announced, but considering the Z06's bargain status, the Grand Sport shouldn't set back buyers too much. Expect to see the Grand Sport on the streets this summer.
Considering how much we like the Z06 and Stingray Z51, we're very excited to drive the Grand Sport.

MOST POPULAR for MCF Member's Below (Bonus)>EnJoy<

THESE ARE THE CARS THAT MOST FREQUENTLY MAKE IT PAST 200 000 MILES IN AMERICA

Click above link

AN OUTLANDISH PLAN TO BRING BACK THE MANUAL GEARBOX

Click above link

THE LAMBORGHINI CENTENARIO IS ASTOUNDING IN PERSON

Click above link

`End

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-02-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:08 PM

I think the grand sport was a great buy on the c6, I wish mine was a grand sport. I hope they don't move it too far up in price this time around since they're keeping the z51.

For someone just wanting to cruise around, the base model is fine, but when people start to buy upgrades, many basically upgrade to GS style parts (sways, shocks, wider wheels/tires, widebody kit, etc).

On the c6 it was about a $6000 delta. Performance wise they weren't notably different than a base model, at least in a straight line - but just doing the wide body with gm parts and paint + wider wheels and tires sets you at least at $6k, likely more. So if you had any thought of upgrading later, t was better to get it right off he bat.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Thanks Chad for your post

Hi `Chad, I just seen the pictures of your Monster Corvette in the New Vette vs Shelby Thread & I love it...You are a lucky man & you've made yours special with your talented upgrades & touches>WoW<

GM Stated
Specific pricing has yet to be announced, but considering the Z06's bargain status, the Grand Sport shouldn't set back buyers too much. Expect to see the Grand Sport on the streets this summer.
I can't afford one @ present, but I'm just happy they are making & producing them >>Maybe someday ? It's a great dream