Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2015 Buick Grand National

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's an Hot Car, but it's not a Grand National. Although I would consider owning one if it performs as well as the look promises it does!

Old 06-11-2014, 12:47 AM

Looks like a modded cobalt + cruze mix, not feeling it, the original GNX looked like a mans man car, this one has the looks my aunt the bagger at jewel could pull off.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Ide still take one. Yea they don't look like the originals etc but time changes cars. More research has been done to improve things which is how cars evolve into what they are now. The boxed look looks great but has horrible aerodynamics hence why there more rounded for one example.

I'll consider trading in the ST for one if I like it in person and like how it drives. So far so good in my eyes!
I agree to a certain point. The modern Camaro looks nothing like an F body, is smaller on the inside than any F body ever was and the visibility just sucks in that car overall. Other than that, they did a pretty decent job of it. The only thing I would have changed was it being about 5 inches taller and not having those thick C pillars and small window. The quarter windows are a joke as well but I guess it doesn't matter considering the fact that outside the 1st gen, no Camaro had side windows other than the door.

I'm not saying they have to be retro cars BUT I am saying don't make them look like a jelly bean. Look at how the Tahoe evolves. Sure the newest ones may not be photogenic (and I think this is more of a "GM can't take a picture worth a damn" issue), but they look real nice in person. The only thing I would change is the headlights, but not a major complaint. The Malibu just looks horrible and the Cruze is disgusting.

As far as boxy cars go, I'm pretty sure something can be worked out. Take note of the Cadillac cars... They're boxy enough to have style but they're aerodynamic enough to get good MPG. Same goes with the Charger. How many thought that the Charger would be capable of 30mpg with the 6 shooter? I thought it was a joke at first, but people are getting high MPG's out that box. Same goes with the 300.

IF GM grew a pair and actually made a modern muscle car that doesn't look like it was designed by Daewoo, then I'm all for it. Till then I'll just wait and see.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:58 PM
KRA
Default Need your help!

Originally Posted by JC Colon
For those of you who have not yet seen it, here is the web page for the 2015 Grand National. Unlike the Chevy SS, THIS car makes the grade! IMO. 2015 Buick Grand National and GNX: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For 2014–2017 – Future Cars – Car and Driver

Do you know where I could find a grill like the one shown? I'm having a hard time finding one with out the slot for the emblem piece for the Buick Regal GS. Need some advice ! Thanks (:

Old 04-28-2016, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love Grand Nationals, matter of fact looking to get one in next year. These new ones just don't do it for me lol.