Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you like the Mazda MX5 (Miata) ? ?
No, I don't like them at all. What are they doing on the MCF ?
20.00%
Yes, they are OK
20.00%
Yes, I'd like to have one
20.00%
I've own one & will post my story about it
5.00%
I think they are a fun ride/drive!!!
25.00%
It would be a fun 2nd car
40.00%
I'd rather walk then drive it
10.00%
It's a girl car ~> Oh mulitipe CHOICE VOTING LOL
30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

2014 Mazda Miata

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile 2014 Mazda Miata

Please `Vote in above POLL (Have fun)
=======================================
Hi Member's,
I know that many member's may not like the Miata roadster (It's a completely different animal then the awesome Chevy Monte Carlo 4-Sure).

My g/f's first ride was a Mazda Miata (yellow) & we beat on it & it kept going for over 200K miles...It was a super fun little ride & handled great...

It's a perfect little roadster that's a blast to drive..., I know they aren't 4 everyone, but for the price, they offer a lot of fun...
What do you think of the new MX-5 ?
2014 Mazda Miata - First Look

Mazda looks to pare weight from its next Miata roadster.

By Nick Kurczewski / Photos by Brenda Priddy & Company
January 17, 2012

Slideshow >>
More Mazda >>

<!--/photos-video-wrapper-->
<!-- /Main photo wrapper --><!-- test output end: --><!-- the article, at a glance, downloads, top competitors, from buying guide --><!-- left column -->Mazda is getting ready to overhaul the Miata with a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine and a more muscular exterior. A new 1.3-liter engine using Mazda’s fuel-saving SkyActiv technology is going to power this fourth-generation Miata roadster. The engine should be significantly lighter and more efficient than the 2.0-liter 4-cylinder that does duty in the Miata range here in the U.S.

2014 Mazda Miata

This rendering of the 2014 Miata hints that Mazda will keep the overall proportions of the current model. Narrower headlights and a larger grille provide a modest front makeover. A sharp character line extends from the headlights back along the sides of the car, before tapering off near the door handles. It’s a clean shape, one that’s a little less delicate than before but not overwrought with details.
Back to Basics.
This represents a return to form for the simple Miata, which first went on sale more than 20 years ago. The new 2014 Miata should shed a few pounds, thanks to the use of lightweight materials in the chassis—along with that smaller engine. Mazda is making a big deal about SkyActiv, and we were impressed with the technology when fitted to the updated Mazda3 compact.

2014 Mazda Miata

A high compression ratio, direct injection, and reduced internal friction will help endow the lighter SkyActiv-equipped Mazda3 with better power than one might initially expect, and fuel economy (when compared to the 2.0-liter inline-4) is boosted by approximately 15 percent. For the record, the Mazda3 SkyActiv sedan returns an impressive 40 mpg on the highway (EPA) when equipped with the 6-speed automatic. A 6-speed manual is also available.
Look for the 2014 Mazda Miata to offer the same gearboxes. A manual soft-top should continue, and a power-operated folding hardtop will likely join the range at some point. There is a possibility that Mazda will offer further details about this all-new 2014 Miata at the Geneva Auto Show in March.

<!-- right column --><!-- at a glance --><!-- /at a glance --><!-- car make:Mazda Car Buying Guide- RoadandTrack.com has Mazda Car Buying Tools \nmake state: published \ncar model:Mazda MX-5 Miata Car Buying Guide- Get a Quote on the Mazda MX-5 Miata at RoadandTrack.com- Car Buying \nmodel state: published \nshowlink model: \nrelated_items count: 4-->TOP COMPETITORSMazda MX-5 Miata »

» Overview<!-- » User Ratings -->» Photos & 360° View» Specs» Prices w/Options

Last edited by Space; 01-30-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:30 AM

Mazda MX-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Click above link for History on the Miata aka MX-5
-------------------------------------
http://youtu.be/HOj7ETrnQP8
^^^"LS1 Miata vs SRT-10 Viper
---------------------------------
http://youtu.be/xTr_EAd3_XE
^^^^^LS1 Miata vs. 466rwhp C6 Corvette
LS1 Miata vs. 466rwhp C6 Corvette 50-125 roll

Flyin' Miata : Engine conversions : V8 conversions

<CITE>www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=115</CITE>Cached - Similar

Flyin\' Miata specializes in performance parts for the Mazda MX-5 Miata. ... The GM LS engine family is one of the best engines in the world, with an aluminum block and years of development ... A bolt-on, baffled oil pan for V8-powered Miatas.

<LI class=g>Video: Chevy V8-Powered Miata Uses Kickstarter to Raise Funds ...

<CITE>www.lsxtv.com/.../video-chevy-v8-powered-miata-uses-kickstarter-to...</CITE>Cached

Aug 26, 2011 – For obvious reasons, we don't often write about Miatas here...but this one is different. For one, it packs a 400 horsepower Chevy V8. And two ...

<LI class=g>Bishop's Monster Miata V8 Miata Kits

<CITE>www.bishopsales.com/monstermiata/chevrolet_v8_mazda_miata.html</CITE>Cached - Similar

Boss Frog Chevrolet V8 Swap Kit FAQ >>. Boss Frog uses the following key drivetrain components;. chevrolet powered v8 mazda miata from Boss Frog ...

Last edited by Space; 01-30-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I LOVE the idea of small RWD Manual cars that are just FUN to drive.

The Miata is always a win in my book. We need more like these. (BRZ/FRS, I'm looking at you)

Old 01-30-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I LOVE the idea of small RWD Manual cars that are just FUN to drive.

The Miata is always a win in my book. We need more like these. (BRZ/FRS, I'm looking at you)

Thanks Mod `Mike for your post/thoughts...Yes, I'm really looking 4ward to the BRZ's & FRS's & I hope a dealer will let me test drive them The new 2014 MX5 should be interesting with their new powerplants also...
I'd like to have one as a 2nd car (2 dare 2 dream)

I never thought I would like the Miata, but I sure miss driving my g/f's Miata....Now, she has a Honda Accord..
It just blends in with everything, but it's reliable 4-Sure...

Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The S2000 is really nice too.

I've never driven a Z4 though, I think they would be just as fun

Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

It looks more agressive, i like it

Old 01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I like the look of them and since GM really doesn't offer a 2 seater roadster anymore (Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Skyline) it would be a good choice.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:44 PM

I've always liked Miatas, small, fun to drive, great gas mileage. I can't justify getting one right now though, because they're only 2 seaters. I'll stick with motorcycles for now, since I can't haul the whole family along on them either.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM

I'm not in love with the Mazda Miata. There are some really awesome reborn kits available got them. I even know of a company that rebodies them to look like a two seater 65 Ford Mustang with a 5.0 under the hood. I'm sure it flies and when I first saw it I thought it was a Ford concept car.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

never been a big fan of miatas. i dont fit in them very good either

Quick Reply: 2014 Mazda Miata