Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> 2014 Chevrolet SS > $44,470+ < + Vid >

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Chevy is really going to get hit hard with this one.. Looks like a modernized Malibu...

Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM

i would have preferred a lumina ss

Old 08-10-2013, 03:18 PM

thats actually pretty nice, was that a concept??

Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM

no not a concept, it is sold in other countries

Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I saw the video, I'm sure this is a Chevy Performances vehicle, But, I'm an Old School guy born and raised in the 60s and 70s. Here's what I saw; A rear wheel drive Malibu, not of the 70s But of today. The Race car looked like a Performance car, wide round wheel wells, wide tires, wide body, squared wheel base, all the lines you would expect for a 2014 performance car.
The pace car was similar but, it was smaller than the race car, the fenders were a bit rounder, it looked more like a Sports Luxury cars, a family car that Dad might be proud to drive.
Then the Production car, Really? It's a Mom's cars with *****. But she could get a Malibu SS and satisfy her sports performance bone, and not spend $45,000 for it! And they attempted to compare it to a Corvette and a Camaro?
I could compared a VW to a Porche But that doesn't put them on the same level!
The Chevy SS looks like a good car, But, with the exception of the Nose and Roof curves, it looks nothing like the Race car! And 400hp? Not at the rear wheels, especially when, I bet, the Auto Trans will skip a second and third gear for fuel economy.
Ford did the Mustang right, Dodge did the Charger and Challenge right, Chevy did the Camaro right. Even the Monte Carlo, I Love Mine!, did justice to the SS stamp. So if Chevy wanted a Rear Wheel Drive car they could Run At NASCAR, why not re-introduce the CUTLASS, Skylark, Nova, Malibu or even the Regal, update the old designs to Meet today's standards, and it's performance levels below that of the Corvette But above that of the Camaro. And make it a 4dr. Sporty like the Charger, yet still seating a family of 5 comfortably. A Real Modern Performance Sedan!
That's what I think! But I'm an Old School Child of the 60s and 70s, What Do I Know?

Last edited by JC Colon; 08-10-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 PM

worst looking "sports car" ive seen how can they even put that in a image with the vette and camaro? thats something i see a soccer mom driving to pick the kids up from school. and ya they finally made it rear wheel but why not go all the way and make a standard model?

Old 08-10-2013, 09:02 PM

tho the nascar model is on point in the videoas always

Old 08-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why would I spend $45K on a 4 door cookie cutter when I could buy brand new hers and his Camaros for about the same money?

Hers - $19K

His - $28K

The decision to make the SS a 4 door instead of a 2 door killed this car before it ever got to market. Heck, I test drove a $60K ZL1 convertible a couple weeks ago and with incentives and my Monte as trade in I could get it for just over $50K...

Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 AM

I test drove a $60K ZL1 convertible a couple weeks ago and with incentives and my Monte as trade in I could get it for just over $50K...

Hi Mike,
WoW, how was the test drive ? How did you drive it ? Please post/share your review ? Is the ZL1 worth the $'s ?
At that price, I'd rather have a new StingRay 4-Sure

Old 08-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I've heard a few people complain about the seating and visibility, but I'm a bit confused. The seats are comfortable, hug/hold you in place and with the side mirrors properly adjusted I had no problem with 'blind' spots on the quarter panels. Stop-n-go city traffic I was lucky to get into 4th gear but accelerating on the freeway onramp it firmly pressed you back into your seat and your eyes into the back of your head. I wasn't getting on it hard and topped 100mph coming out of 4th gear. The ride was comfortable and the dash layout intuitive so it didn't take long to familiarize myself with instrumentation. The only thing I didn't really like was the 'cheap' feel of the interior materials used. It kind of reminded me of the 70s...lol. I would consider purchasing one if I absolutely had to have a back seat. Otherwise (for the money) I would go for a 'vette instead.

Quick Reply: > 2014 Chevrolet SS > $44,470+ < + Vid >