Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2013 Coupes (2 door models) +

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM

I heard the KIA Optima is a real good all around car, in safety, reliability and such. I love American cars, and I can't wait for the American car companies to bounce back. But I will continue to buy from them regardless, cause I can always buy it, and build it to be safer and more reliable. The Europeans are doing so well now, their.cats are untouchable that is why they are so expensive. I think the new Cadillac ATS, and the Dodge Dart, also the new Ford Focus are very good contenders.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
V8 wow I didnt know that, thats a +.
Just would have loved to see the Impala in the line-up with the Camaro like Dodge does the Challenger/Charger... I honestly think that they dont want anything in their brand to be higher than the Camaro besides the Vette. Maybe the Chevy SS will fill the void of RWD Sedan
That is exactly what it is. They put so much into making the Camaro market strong, they faltered on the other aspects of the Chevy line, it would not have took much to bring the Impala back strong. The Camaro is strong, on its own, just take the name, it is menacing! And the Corvette, I remember Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson saying, while he test drove the Audi R8, that the Audi is amazing, and he liked it, but it was too safe. But when he got the Corvette, yes, the body is bad, the interior is boring, but when you drive it, there is NOTHING like it!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
Cadillac ATS
I forgot to mention this car, holy cow it's sexy!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I don't think there is a car on the market that I would buy brand New. I'll wait 3 or 4 years and save 10 to 12 grand. I do like the looks of the new Kia's and Scions but to me all the new models look too much alike. My wife wants a new Challenger, Charger or Camaro so I'm guessing that will be our next car. Probably not for a few years tho.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
OK. 1st of all I'm not pickin on anyone. OR callin anyone out. I'm just saying what I see. listen up Space. You always seem to lean towards the the foreign cars. Now I might be WRONG But thats what it looks like too ME. Where's The Mustang, The Challenger. Yeah I'm old skool ( ) and want to keep America just that! Guess I'm a Support your COUNTRY! Kind of guy. I'm tired of seen those other cars on our AMERICAN CAR SITE. Thanks for letting an oldman rant for a min. Now I need to go settle down & have a beer or 3 & watch some football. I just sayin Not trying to start anything. Just saying

Hi Rick,
Yes, I like what I like & my 1st ride was 95 Honda Del Sol VTEC with a five speed stick. It was a great car & the only problems I had with it was from racing it & mod'in it out with a Turbo...I traded it even for a 2005 Monte Carlo LT with a 3.8L with only 10Kmiles.....I then traded it for my 06 Monte Carlo LT3 with a 3.9L 242 HP....I later sold it to pay for college...Now I don't have a personal car, but a company truck + the BeachBum GMC Van is my grandfathers, but used by everyone in the BeachBum Family....So, 3 rides from GM & one ride from Japan...LOL

I don't care for the new Camaro re-design, but I do love the Z-L1 because of the power train & not the appearance.
I like the new Mustangs & old Mustangs....I also like many foreign cars, but the ones I like are only dream rides & way out of my auto budget.....

The new ride I do like for the Bang for the $ is the Scion FR-S & the Subaru BRZ....There's nothing American built that comes close....

I'd buy American `if they presently built something that I liked and in my price range...The Mustang is the closer car on the market at present I like that is built in American...
I still want another Monte, and it will be a 4th Gen or a 1st Gen to build `up the way I want it 2 `be...

American Auto Companies have been asleep at the wheel & I don't like many of the cars that are building...
It amazes me that the Korean's can create/built a car more for the American market that the Americans can (in my opinion) plus warranty their rides for 10 years or 100K miles...How can they & we can't ? The Union ? or the company leaders. ? ?

I'm just thankful that everyone has so many choices in the Automotive market place. I would prefer to purchase an American automobile, but the ones I like are over $50K (LOL) +

p.s. Rick, I post other cars on the MCF because there's no new Monte Carlo to talk/post about...I think in my 33k+ posts I've posted everything there is about the Chevy Monte Carlo (all generations)...Until there's a new Monte Carlo (?), I will continue to do my best to post topic's that I hope are in the interest of the majority...(I also think I posted just about every American Performance ride that out there on the MCF...Not just foreign auto's)..

I post other cars for member's to know about, or dream about, or just know what's out there on the highways of life.
You can think what you want & buy what you want, dream what you want; it's called `Freedom...
I hope that you find a car that 100% American....

That's `all, I just got up from my recharge & & also the cars I posted in this thread were from AOL Auto's, and
Automotive Magazine Site on the net...I did not choose them & was just sharing the infor on their site like I do from many sites...I just share with our membership to have some new information to read...A member can only read about the few problems that all genertaion Monte Carlo's have!!!

If you don't like to read what some member's are posting, there's a feature on the MCF that you can block any member that you don't care to read what they are posting...

That's all that's falling outa my head...Peace/Happiness 2 `all..

2013 Scion FR-S

2013 Subaru BRZ

Last edited by Space; 11-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM

The Cadillac ATS is an awesome car! They really worked their butts off on it, for an American car that was once known to only be bought by old grannys and such. It is now an contender, and that makes me want one in the future. It has good handling, amazing power, and the elegant interior touch. Very nice!

Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I don't think there is a car on the market that I would buy brand New. I'll wait 3 or 4 years and save 10 to 12 grand. I do like the looks of the new Kia's and Scions but to me all the new models look too much alike. My wife wants a new Challenger, Charger or Camaro so I'm guessing that will be our next car. Probably not for a few years tho.
I agree with you there, save your money, and get want you want, cause things get better with time. You will never know, now, most companies are trying to come out with the next big thing. Most of the foreign automakers such as the Asian, (Japanese, Korean) they do take ideas from each other and all their cats look the same. You could especially see it in the Nissan Altima, and the Nissan Maximum. They both now look just like a four door version of the 370Z. It is not a good look to me. And now on the American side, they ask you to pay 30,000 to 50,000 for some of the cars they produce. And then to drive to hard one time, and all the bows and whistles go haywire. It is a headache! Now for those three, I would go Charger, if you plan to have guest ride with you a lot, cause of the four doors, and the good power to handiling ratio. If not, go Challenger! IMO.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
The Cadillac ATS is an awesome car! They really worked their butts off on it, for an American car that was once known to only be bought by old grannys and such. It is now an contender, and that makes me want one in the future. It has good handling, amazing power, and the elegant interior touch. Very nice!

I also like the new ATS, but if you read any review they have a bad shifting 6 speed stick + the one I priced out was over $40K I like what Cadillac is doing & love the CTS-V 4-Sure...

I posted a comparsion Thread on the ATS vs a BMW.
The BMW won, but the Caddy lost because of the transmission

Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good afternoon Space. Dude if I didn't like what was posted on here. I wouldn't 3700 posts! I'm not trying to start any hard feelings with you or anyone else. Just like you I'm telling you what I do & don't like. No one is perfect. Either are the cars we choose to drive. I noticed that theres a lot of posting on this site about the what I call the brand X cars! WHY ? THis isn't the brand X site ! So why ?.. Not trying to RUB someone's fur the wrong way. I knew while I was typing that post. That I would get some feed back! I don't care. I have thick enough skin to read it and think it over. But understand this from my point of VIEW. I grew up in DETROIT. I worked and gave General Motors 32.5 yrs of my like and a lot of damn over time. How else did you expect me to think. When our jobs are being soaked up by the brand X companys. And our ECONOMY is in the toilet cause of it. Look at the states where the car companys are. They have the worst unemployment around. Cause you have copy cat companys doing what we did for yrs. And doing it with labor 1/2 of what we get! Before I retired I was making a good living. Now those same guys are not. I KEEP MY $$$ going to the American Companys. You buy that X brand. And your hard earned $$ goes over to japan korea place like that. Those people are getting it. its the compnays that are. Yeah they have some nice designs. But hell so do we and they all look alike! Theres no kids that can stand on a corner and tell you every car that goes by. Like in the old days. Every car damn near is the same thing any more. OK look I could go on & on about this subject. Its over I'm done with it. I'm not some hard *** old dude. It just makes sense. If you work for a conpnay and you shop some place else. How long do you think before your looking for another job ??? Maybe not in the job your in now. But it all comes down to all of us. Ok I'm off the band wagon. I don't want hard feelings over this. NOT my intentions AT ALL! I do like the way you slapped me at the end of your post Posting 2 pics of those brand X cars. GOOD ONE . SPACE...I'd like to shake on it and call it a day

Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lots of decent stuff out there, i do like the new mustang, brz/frs. But there is nothing new that i'd really run out and buy, couldn't afford anything new anyway

Quick Reply: 2013 Coupes (2 door models) +