Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Member's, Do you like it ?
Yes, I like `it : )
35.29%
No, I don't like it : (
17.65%
I like it & would consider buying one : )
5.88%
I'd have 2 see it & drive it before I can say : )
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spy Photos: 333-hp V-6

Old 05-03-2011, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spy Photos: 333-hp V-6

Hi Member's, What do you think of below ? Would you ever consider buying one ? Do you think your Monte Carlo could beat it ? Post & let us know your thoughts.Thanks

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spy Photos: 333-hp V-6, New Gearbox in the Works? - Future Cars

The direct-injected V-6 from the 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan is headed to the coupe, possibly bolted to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

BY JUSTIN BERKOWITZ, PHOTOGRAPHY BY KGP PHOTOGRAPHY AND PATRICK M. HOEY
Pages: 1 Photos

Visit Our Buyer's Guide »

Hyundai Genesis coupe
News & Reviews
Top Competitors

Hyundai’s Genesis coupe will receive the same 333-hp, 291-lb-ft 3.8-liter V-6 engine that the company recently announced is headed for the Genesis sedan. The revised powerplant—which features direct injection—offers a good bump in power over the outgoing V-6 engine, which made 306 hp and 266 lb-ft. At 333 hp, the Genesis coupe will top its six-cylinder pony-car rivals; the Chevy Camaro offers 312 hp, while the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger each pack 305-hp sixes under their hoods.
Although Hyundai will almost definitely continue to offer a traditional six-speed manual gearbox when this engine arrives in the Genesis coupe, the plan for the V-6’s two-pedal option isn’t yet clear. While the six-speed auto could hang around, the most likely transmission is an eight-speed automatic of the torque-converter variety. Developed in-house by Hyundai, this is the transmission that will be mated to the same V-6 in the Genesis sedan.
Based on the heavy use of camouflage in the accompanying spy photos, we also anticipate that a modest cosmetic face lift will arrive at the same time, sharpening the looks of V-6 and four-cylinder Genesis coupe models. (Speaking of which, in spite of the outstanding 274-hp turbo four offered in the Sonata turbo, the four-cylinder Genesis coupe will probably soldier on with its current 210-hp engine.)
There is a distinct possibility that this car, seen testing in the snow, is packing all-wheel drive, which company CEO John Krafcik has said is headed for the Genesis coupe at some point.
With available all-wheel drive, the more-powerful V-6 engine and a new automatic gearbox on the way, it’s clear Hyundai wants people to take it seriously in this segment. It’s rearming at the right time: In addition to a slew of American rear drivers, the long-baking Subaru/Toyota rear-wheel-drive coupe is just about to come out of the oven. We just hope Hyundai has budgeted some development time to sort out the Genesis coupe’s tooth-chipping ride.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:38 AM

If you don't like the Genesis Coupe,
Which one of the below would you choose in this class ?
Top Competitors
Post & let us know & why ? Thanks

Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have to say I would take it for free but I would not go out just to buy one

but I could see my self going out and buying these

Old 05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I like it, but I don't think I could own a Hyundai.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I like it, but I don't think I could own a Hyundai.

I agree `Ted, I would not think of a Hyundai a few years ago, but I've been reading great reviews on their latest products.
If I ever have any extra time I would love to test drive one.
I like the 4bang'in Turbo one with a six speed stick : ) They
run decent & still get 30+ MPG's...& the price is a lot lower then the others, and this one has a 10yr 100K warranty, but
I doubt they would keep replacing my clutches `if I owned one & kept during BURN`Outs

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Turbo - Short Take Road Test
click 2 view report
================================================== =======
Thanks to all member's that voted & posted...I like to keep updated with what's out there, especially if I'm sitting next
to one on a empty highway @ a Red light
3-2-1-`Go=========================
==========================================

Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM

I just traded my 2004 Sonata for the 2011 sonata turbo! never had a problem in the 6 years! Hyundai's are made in the U.S.A they even paid three months of payments! Got 10 year 100.000 warranty! And a set trade in price when or if i want to trade someday! Gana get some rims soon! This car is FAST and gets way better gas milage than my monte! oh ya my monte cant beat it!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

They're sweet cars. Post a pic.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:30 PM

...Hi `Scott, thanks for your post & also what you thought of your new ride...I always read (ok most of the time) the consumer reports on various sites to see what they are posting about owning their car...The Hyundai has been getting very positive reviews...

`Scott you still have your AweSome 2000 Monte don't you ?
Keep us updated & it's great to see you online.
Wish you safe, happy miles in all your rides.
Peace`Out from `Space

Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Those numbers are impressive.
Space, I like it.
If i could afford it I would get it, may be debadge it.
But I like the bodystyle.

Hyundai has come along way and i am definitely keeping my eye on them.
Great warranty, and the Hyundai assurance is a great incentive (if offered still?)

I would rather have a 12' Charger/Mustang. *dreams*

...price wise i think a Hyundai is more reasonable.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 PM

I must say I am a fan of the Mazda RX-8 only because I sold Mazda & VW for a while. The RX-8 isnt good on HP but its got some very nice numbers on TQ. That and they sound very cool! However the only RX-8 I would ever consider is the R8 edition. It has the Black wheels, appearance package, Recaro seats. ect. Very nice car. People under-estimate them by saying they are unreliable when really that is very false. The saying is true "its all about the driver, not the car". RX-8's are specifically designed to be driven rough because of their Rotary motor. They also and built to burn off oil quickly too so when you fill up with gas its necessary to check your oil. Also the biggest issue people have with them is starting them up and driving them. When you start it you HAVE to let it warm up before driving it rough, Mazda has a system in it that only allows you so many RPM's until the motor warms up. The thing people forget most is when you turn the car off you MUST rev the motor up to atleast 3500 RPM's before shutting it down to get all the fuel out, or else you risk flooding the motor and if you flood a Rotary motor, its done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spy Photos: 333-hp V-6