Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Member's Do you like the Chevy Orlando ?
Yes, I like it & may buy one : )
25.00%
No, I don't like it at all : (
62.50%
I will have to do more research & test drive one b-4 I make a comment : )
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Chevrolet Orlando Preview

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow 2012 Chevrolet Orlando Preview

2011 Chevrolet Orlando
Member's, please vote in above Poll & post what you think of this
new Chevy Model (?) Is GM going in the right direction ?

2011 Chevrolet Orlando
General Motors new crossover has theater style seating in three rows that can seat up to seven.
Even the Chevrolet Orlando seats (rows 2 and 3) fold down for additional cargo space. With a 106 inch wheelbase, the Orlando will be the size of a Jeep Liberty.
The 2011 Chevrolet Orlando is based on the upcoming Chevy Cruze. The Orlando will also offer a 2.0 liter diesel producing 150 horsepower.
Chevrolet promises highway fuel economy of around 40mpg (5.88L/100km) for regular petrol-powered models

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function BrowseMakes() { var make = $('#browse_makes_select').val(); if ( make != '' ) { document.location = make + '.html'; } return false; } </SCRIPT>2012 Chevrolet Orlando Preview

Release Date: Late 2011

<FORM action=""></FORM><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function BrowseMakes() { var make = $('#browse_makes_select').val(); if ( make != '' ) { document.location = make + '.html'; } return false; } </SCRIPT>

Introduction

The 2012 Chevrolet Orlando will be released in the second half of 2011 as a 2012 model. It was first introduced at the Paris Autoshow in 2008 and a final production model was presented at the same show in 2010. The Orlando enters a competitive market of boxy people-haulers that originated with the Scion Xb. The demand for these types of vehicles has boomed in recent years, and the folks at GM are hoping that with it's cute and functional styling the Orlando can be a hit.
Body

The Orlando shares many features with other vehicles in Chevrolet's lineup, it continues with double-decker grill and sports rounded headlights set into a large nose. The Orlando is one of the less aggressive "box-cars" of late, shunning the sharp lines of such offerings as the Ford Flex for a more flowing and rounded shape that is pleasing to the eye.
Engine

Chevrolet seems to have realized that there is a rather large niche for economical people haulers. The Orlando's allure lies not in performance but its impact to the buyer's wallet; with expected 1.8 liter and 2.0 liter diesel engines or a 2.4 liter petrol engine, the Orlando should be a sound proposition to those who value efficiency and reliability. The Orlando is reportedly being built on the same platform as the Chevy Cruze so its overall footprint should not be much larger and its fuel economy should be similar, if not better, when equipped with the diesel engine.
Competition to the 2012 Chevrolet Orlando

The Orlando is set to compete with several other offerings within the micro-van market (box-cars), including vehicles from Ford and Scion. Within the Ford lineup, the Orlando's real competition comes from the newly revamped C-Max. Much like the Orlando, the C-Max is built on the same platform as one of Ford's compact cars. The C-Max has shunned the styling of its larger brother, the Edge, in favor of a much more flowing appearance. It too will rely on a 2.0 liter diesel engine, meaning that it will be the Orlando's toughest competition. Chevrolet hopes that with its more trendy styling and spunky theme, the Orlando will outsell the C-Max.

...Hey Dude, what do you drive ?
...I drive a `Orlando beep - beep = = = = = = =

Last edited by Space; 08-12-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 AM

Yuk! I don't like that squared back end at all. Why do they need another SUV anyway? If you're looking for a smallish SUV, why not just buy the better looking Equinox?

Space, you live in the Orlando, FL area, don't you? This is the perfect SUV for you when you get married and start having kids, lol.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie

Space, you live in the Orlando, FL area, don't you? This is the perfect SUV for you when you get married and start having kids, lol.

Hi Mark,
I live about one hour east of Orlando, Florida...I don't like Big Cities at all

I do hope to get married in my future & have children, but I don't know if I would get a Chevy Orlando or drive it to Orlando, Florida...

I would like to live on a small island with my wife & kids : )
=========================================
I do think GM Chevrolet Division is attempting to produce vehicles that get good MPG's that will compete with the other companies.... I sure hope they are on the right course in doing so....The future is so unstable at present, and I'm sure that gas prices will become a major cost to the majority...

The need for speed may have to change to the need for how many miles we can get to a gallon of fuel I hope not, but
it seems to be happening in our World.

My senior citizen friends always comment on why they keep making vehicles that can go over 100 MPH or 200 MPG, when the legal speed limits aren't over 80 MPH...
They claim we are a spoiled nation, and must change to survive...We have some very interesting debates : )
That's all that falling out of my mind & it's now empty again.

Thanks everyone for voting & for your contributions to this thread & the MCF...Peace/out from `Space

Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

like the car, hate the name

Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Front is alright, back looks like a honda though. Gross.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Front is alright, back looks like a honda though. Gross.
Hi `Brock, but we good wedge in your "383" somehow & make it a sleeper ride or make it mid/engine
Thanks 4 your post(s) & Wish U a Super Fun WeekEnd
4-Sure

Old 08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Now we're talkin!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Gross! It seems that GM has decided to quit innovating and start copying the successes of other car companies. Well, it worked for Hyundai!