Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   2012 Callaway Camaro OR Boss 302 Mustang ? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/2012-callaway-camaro-boss-302-mustang-30097/)

Space 08-07-2011 06:56 AM

2012 Callaway Camaro OR Boss 302 Mustang ?

Member's if you had to choose & your had the
Money $ ?, Which one would you Pick ? ?
Post Why :confused:
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=0 width=604 align=center><TBODY><TR align=center bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=2>http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/images/...camaroconv.jpg</TD></TR><TR align=center bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=2>Callaway Camaro Convertible</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fffccc><TD><!-- BEGIN STAT TABLE --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=5 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=20 width=600 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=2 width=200 align=right><TBODY><TR align=center><TD>6.2-liter small block V8</TD></TR><TR align=center bgColor=#000000><TD>572/552 horsepower</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END STAT TABLE -->While you'll have to dig deep to afford the muscular output from Connecticut-based Callaway Cars, it's always worth it.
Recently they dropped off two convertible versions of their latest take on the Chevrolet Camaro, a SC572 manual, and slightly less potent SC552 automatic.
Callaway's Powerfully Engineered Camaros start with two versions of Chevy's 6.2-liter small block V8, completely re-engineered to sport Callaway's signature roots-style supercharged formula. The LS3 6-speed manual SC572 roars with a namesake 572-horsepower, while the L99 6-speed automatic peaks at 552.
That puts them only a tick one side or the other of 4 seconds from 0 to 60. And that's a full second faster than a stock SS droptop.
Any owner will want to show off that kind of performance, made even easier with the available PowerWindow hood.
It's offered alone or as part of a package that also adds a full suspension rework, competition braking with 6- piston front and 4-piston rear calipers, custom 20-inch wheels, and carbon fiber trim all around. But what sets Callaway apart from other specialty manufacturers is how well all the aspects of their designs jell. Smooth and powerful cars win races and win fans for Callaway cars. Both Camaros drive super solid and responsive, especially with the optional suspension, and without the harshness or rough edges that often slip by small makers. Obviously, Callaway's decades of Corvette experience has all been well applied to these Camaros. They're super daily drivers. And, whoever thought you could get a supercharged Callaway for less than $18,000 over the base price of a stock SS coupe or convertible? And, that's with a full 3-year/ 36,000 mile warranty. Yes, you can pump out another 40-plus grand for all the bells and whistles, but they won't push you back into your seat any faster. The Callaway Camaro is available now.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
And

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=0 width=604 align=center><TBODY><TR align=center bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=2>http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/images/...ustangboss.jpg</TD></TR><TR align=center bgColor=#000000><TD colSpan=2>2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fffccc><TD><!-- BEGIN STAT TABLE --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=5 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=20 width=600 align=right vspace="5"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=2 width=200 align=right><TBODY><TR align=center><TD>5.0-liter V8</TD></TR><TR align=center bgColor=#000000><TD>444 horsepower</TD></TR><TR align=center><TD>Starting at just over $40,000</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END STAT TABLE -->CEO, Vice President, or File Clerk. It doesn't matter what your title is, when you're driving around in the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 you feel like…well…the Boss!
Like the original '69 Boss 302, we knew this reincarnation would be right at home at our test track. There, the new 302 proved as lightning fast as a quick decision, taking off with authority and muscling its way from 0-60 in only 4.4 seconds. And that's with one of the smoothest short-throw manuals to ever come out of Detroit.
Regardless of what we asked of it, the Boss 302 was very responsive and grounded.
"This car is really dialed in. Only at triple digit speeds does the lightness of the steering and the rear end put me on guard a little. But, rest assured the Brembos and P-Zeros are there to really bring things back down to reality quick. I'm truly impressed." – Ben Davis

On the track or street, the Boss 302 is a whole lot of fun as long as your mind's not out on a lunch break.
But, taking a break is worth it, to take in all the details of this very special Mustang.
Starting under our car's competition orange hood with a highly revised 5.0-liter V8 rated at 444 horsepower. That's 32 more than the GT. It feels even stronger off the line thanks to a lowered, 3.73 final drive.
The Boss 302 also wears a black roof and classic decals, a single round headlight per side, a competition style front splitter, and blackened 19-inch alloys for true muscle car appeal. A rear spoiler, black panel between the taillights, and quad exhaust, cap off a nostalgic look. The 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 is waiting to provide you memories now, starting at just over $40,000. <!--
"The Vue Two-Mode Hybrid proves that power and efficiency can coexist, and in a modern crossover you can have them both without skimping on any ability." – Ben Davis

--><!-- END COMMON CONTENT -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:rolleyes:
Above from MotorWeek.com

Tadcaster 08-07-2011 07:29 AM

My roots run with Chevy....

Teacher 08-07-2011 11:05 AM

Mustang as I know the camaro will be to expensive.

lougreen03 08-07-2011 12:46 PM

I have never owned a ford why start now.

BigPana 08-07-2011 01:20 PM

Camaro !

Tom.M 08-07-2011 01:26 PM

It pains me to say it, but of the two I have to go Mustang. That kind of horse power in a convertible would scare the liquids out of me.

red04montels 08-07-2011 01:28 PM

Definitely don't want to be found. On. Road. Dead.

mrl390 08-07-2011 01:58 PM

Boss hands down. High revving V8, YES PLEASE. The camaro is just too porky. That and the roofline is terrible. Not enough glass. Just doesnt look right.

77gp 08-07-2011 02:27 PM

I think the Mustang is better looking and probably more roomier. The Camaro has just not grew on me.

AwesomeSS 08-07-2011 02:39 PM

I'd have to vote for the Boss and I've seen one in person too!