Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2011 Official Monte Carlo car calendar!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Well, that settles it, I'm going to have to get a pro photographer to take crooked pics of my Monte! LOL
LOL. I like that crooked look. I actually told hubby the very first time I saw that pic in the contest that it'd be on the cover.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Well, that settles it, I'm going to have to get a pro photographer to take crooked pics of my Monte! LOL
I'll take pictures of your car. I'm very crooked. :p

Seriously...

What I've found, when you're taking pictures, just have fun and do all kinds of crazy things with camera angles, lighting, zoom in, zoom out, anything you can think of. It doesn't cost you anything. You don't have to pay for film developing anymore. If a picture doesn't turn out that good, you simply delete it.

Also, most cameras have some special effects settings programmed right into them. Try using them too.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the update.

i lol'd at Lisa's post, but Carmen is tough competition. She's had a great year, MOTM and now cover for a calendar... now i gotta order me a calendar.

Who's picked for which months, or are they random.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

I don't care which month I am. I'll just be glad to be in a calendar. Never been in one before. Well, except for that chippendales calendar one time.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well my car is a winner in my book. And each time I was up for MOTM I have had real tough popular competition, like Carmen, Mitch and now Greg so I hear ya on that. My sister's friend is a wedding photographer and most of hers are crooked like that too. Must be the trend now. When I took photography class, we were told it was a no-no. Guess times change. I need a better quality camera by the spring.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

Congrats too all that made it in the calendar and even to the ones that didnt.... we all have nice cars and they all deserve to be in it! Thanks to anyone who has voted for me in the motm and the calendar.... it really does mean a lot, that car has come a long way!
Lisa, You will for sure get motm soon, like you said there is a lot of tough competition and I know I lost motm a couple times before I won. You have a beautiful monte and I love where your going with it!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Thanks for the update.

i lol'd at Lisa's post, but Carmen is tough competition. She's had a great year, MOTM and now cover for a calendar... now i gotta order me a calendar.

Who's picked for which months, or are they random.
My guess is they look at the pics and decide from the background scenery which fit best for what month. For example I think Lisas would be great for July

Old 10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Now you'll get thirty winter shots and no summer shots.

Quick Reply: 2011 Official Monte Carlo car calendar!