Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2011 Chevrolet Impala Video + more : )

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow 2011 Chevrolet Impala Video + more : )

Hi Member's,
Below is a vid & links to infor on the
2011 Chevy Impala
(The Monte's Sister: )
I think it's time for GM to update 4-Sure.
What do you think ?

2011 Chevrolet Impala - Bing Videos

Click above to view Video
Chevrolet Impala Research All Models and Prices - MSN Autos

click above to read about all Impala's
9.9 User Reviews

Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Old outdated car is old and outdated... Yawn.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Bonus Post
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS - Short Take Road Test

Not exactly the one Little E. drives.

BY RON KIINO, PHOTOGRAPHY BY DANIEL V. WINTER
July 2004
Pages: 1 2

Visit Our Buyer's Guide »

Chevrolet

News & Reviews

Specifications

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 2-door coupe

PRICE AS TESTED: $31,155 (base price: $27,895)

ENGINE TYPE: supercharged pushrod 16-valve V-6, iron block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 231 cu in, 3791cc
Power (SAE net): 240 bhp @ 5200 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 280 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 4-speed automatic

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 110.5 in Length: 197.9 in
Width: 72.7 in Height: 55.2 in
Curb weight: 3530 lb

C/D-TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 6.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 18.2 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.7 sec
Standing Ľ-mile: 15.1 sec @ 93 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 112 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 186 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA fuel economy, city driving : 18 mpg
C/D-observed: 18 mpg

Jeff Gordon drives one. So do Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson. Heck, even Dale Earnhardt Jr. slaps his No. 8 on one. We're talking about the Chevy Monte Carlo—specifically, the NASCAR race car, Little E.'s winning ride at this year's Daytona 500, not to mention the most victorious nameplate in NASCAR history. With accolades like that, there's no arguing the M.C.'s racing success.
The street version of this famous namesake, however, hasn't received the same fanfare lately. The old practice of "race on Sunday, sell on Monday" was worth exactly 66,976 new-car sales of the Monte Carlo to Chevy in 2003. That's a far cry from the success Ford has run up with its NASCAR nameplate—the Taurus found 300,496 takers—and almost 10,000 shy of Dodge's stock-car-inspired sedan, the Intrepid, at 76,473. And let's not forget the Monte's corporate sibling and NASCAR foe, the Pontiac Grand Prix, which sold 125,441 units.
Perhaps the Monte Carlo's biggest problem in '03 was that in standard SS form it topped out at 200 horsepower. Channeled through a four-speed automatic transmission, that oomph was anything but NASCAR-like. For 2004, Chevy is offering a spiced-up M.C. that it hopes can build some excitement (sorry, Pontiac) and boost those fourth-place sales.
That Carlo caliente is the Supercharged SS you see on this page. How do we know it's supercharged? Well, it says so—in huge script on the rear quarter-panels, and also on the dash and on the kick plates. So conspicuous are the labels that staffers began querying sarcastically, "Are you sure that's supercharged?" Chevy made other less-obvious modifications, adding a decklid spoiler, fog lamps, dual stainless-steel exhaust tips, and 17-inch diamond-cut wheels shod with Goodyear Eagles. The Supercharged SS looks sportier than its tamer siblings, but it's still not especially handsome to our eyes.

Underneath, the changes are more significant. The ride height has been lowered almost half an inch, the spring rates are said to be stiffer at all four corners, and the anti-roll bars are larger front and rear. Obviously, the biggest upgrade is what lurks under the hood—a supercharged version of GM's 3800 Series II pushrod V-6, which makes 240 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 280 pound-feet of torque at 3600 and is paired with a beefier four-speed auto. Compared with the standard SS, that's an upgrade of 40 horsepower and 55 pound-feet.
At the track, the Monte's newfound power and chassis enhancements were evident. We ripped off 0 to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds and the quarter-mile in 15.1 at 93 mph, 2.1 and 1.5 seconds quicker, respectively, than the numbers put up by a standard SS ("Low-Impact Sports," September 2002). Moreover, the Supercharged SS's wider, lower-profile tires (235/55R-17s versus 225/60R-16s) and tauter suspension held on for 0.83 g at the skidpad, a sizable improvement over the SS's 0.79. Ride quality has diminished slightly compared with the SS's conservatively tuned suppleness, but it's a welcome trade-off. And Chevy's engineers have done a commendable job of quelling the torque-steer issue. Braking was vastly better, too—70 mph to a standstill came in 186 feet, 20 feet shorter—and pedal feel was linear and easy to modulate.
There are more pros to pile on this blown Monte Carlo. The structure is about as shaky as Gibraltar, the fit and finish is respectable, and the interior is roomy and comfortable, especially in the back seat.
Of course, with pros come cons. The supercharged Monte still delivers a numb steering sensation that Led Zeppelin would describe as a communication breakdown. It feels overassisted and lacks precise, direct feedback to the driver. The ebony interior is just that—dark, cold, monotonous—and the quality of the plastics seems low-rent. Then there are the matters of poundage and price. The Supercharged SS weighs 3530 pounds and has a $27,895 base price. Compared with a $26,990 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 (September 2003) with a six-speed manual and a $23,460 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V-6 (October 2003), the Chevy puts the biggest dent in the pavement and your pocketbook. Not helping the Monte's case are the Accord's acceleration times, which are all quicker, or the Solara's Lexus-like cockpit, which, in light (we wish) of the Monte Carlo's second-rate interior, is like comparing Hugo Boss with Boss Hogg.
That said, this latest street iteration of Chevy's famed racing coupe does offer up performance that far surpasses that of the standard SS, a car that tested at $24,575. For an additional $3320, that's a serious bump in the bang-for-the-buck department. Plus, with all that torque on tap, the Supercharged SS easily chirps its front tires—which may be all that's needed to boost sales and the passion among Chevy's NASCAR faithful.Continued...

Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 PM

I never really liked the newer impalas to begin with and this year's look like dog! Chevy should have updated the whole car about 3 years ago.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Couldn't help but notice they only mention the LS, LT, and LTZ models. But occasionally show pictures of a black SS. But I'm not taking that review very seriously. Sounds like a paid advertisement written by GM's PR department. I want to hear a more objective and honest review. No car is 100% perfect. Tell me what the downsides are; the good points and bad points; before I buy it.

I have to agree with Wil and Rick. I was never a fan of the current Impala design. Too plain and vanilla looking from the outside. The interior was certainly a freshened up take on older designs. But is now outdated itself.

I would like to see Chevy move away from that huge grill with the horizontal split they put on a lot of their cars now. I think they were trying to hint at Pontiac's signature vertical split grill, but failed.

A look at other brand's 4 door family cars shows much more exciting character. Why does Chevy's family car have to look like a boring rental car?

And before any 7th gen Monte fans get ticked off at me. I'm not attacking 7th gen Montes. As mentioned many times in multiple threads. The only exterior similarity between the 7th gen Monte and the Impala are the headlights and grill. And the grill isn't even exactly the same either. The rest of the body lines are nothing alike. So don't go off on me saying I'm trashing 7th gen Montes. Because I'm not.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

they need to redesign...bad

Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That pic isn't of a 2011 Impala. The last year for the SS was 2009

In ways I'd like to see the Impala change, but in ways I don't. I mean, it's the last w-body standing now...

If you want an idea of what the next gen Impala will look like, I predict that it will be VERY similar to the 2010+ Buick LaCrosse.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by zipper
That pic isn't of a 2011 Impala. The last year for the SS was 2009

In ways I'd like to see the Impala change, but in ways I don't. I mean, it's the last w-body standing now...

If you want an idea of what the next gen Impala will look like, I predict that it will be VERY similar to the 2010+ Buick LaCrosse.
Hi Zip, good catch on the posted 09 S.S. you know your rides 4-Sure. Also belated happy birthday...We honored you in our Blog on your B Day : )

Thanks everyone for your posts & contribtuions.
Below are additional reviews on the 2011 Impala:

2011 Chevrolet Impala

A review of the 2011 Chevrolet Impala that covers pros and cons, ... The 2011 Chevy Impala is a full-size four-door sedan offered in three trim levels: base ...
Reliability - Price With Options - Features & Specs - Incentives & Rebates
www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/impala/2011/ - Cached

2011 Chevrolet Impala Reviews, Pictures and Prices - U.S. News ...

Jan 14, 2011 ... 2011 Chevrolet Impala is ranked #7 in Affordable Large Cars by U.S. News & World Report. See full 2011 Chevrolet Impala review, specs, ...
Interior - Used Chevrolet Impala - 2010 - 25096 - $30293
usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars.../Chevrolet_Impala/ - Cached - Similar

2011 Chevrolet Impala Reviews & ratings - Yahoo! Autos

Jan 7, 2011 ... 2011 Chevrolet Impala User Reviews. Research Other Years ..... Read expert and user reviews about the 2011 Chevrolet Impala . ...
autos.yahoo.com › New CarsChevrolet2011 Chevrolet Impala - Cached

Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 AM

Photos360
Editors' Top Recommended
Consumer reviews:
Fuel economy: 19 city/29 hwy mpg
Get Your Expected Price
True Cost to Own®: $40,253
(5 Year Estimate) View Details
MSRP from $24,390
PRICE WITH OPTIONSGet a Free Price Quote
What Edmunds Says

Despite a spacious cabin and comfortable ride, the 2011 Chevrolet Impala is outdone by most competitors. You can do better.
Pros

Smooth, quiet ride; simple controls; available six-passenger seating; large trunk.
Cons

Cheap interior materials and construction; underwhelming engine choices; four-speed automatic; lackluster handling
Read full review

Old 04-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I blame the failure to redesign the Impala on NASCAR (lame)... You know how much money it's going to cost when they do redesign and possibly rename the Impala? NASCAR alone is going to take a huge hit because of it.

I'm guessing the 2013 Impala will look some what familar to us... R.I.P. G8...

Last edited by RickAKATed10; 04-29-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Chevrolet Impala Video + more : )