Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2000 LS Heat and Cruise not working. Help ASAP Please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:41 AM
Default 2000 LS Heat and Cruise not working. Help ASAP Please!

A couple weeks ago my heat and my cruise were working perfectly fine and just recently they both have stopped working. Sometimes they will come back on but it’s always both at the same time. I’ve checked all my fuses from my AC/Cruise fuse and even my BCM fuses just to be sure it wasn’t something odd like that. Needing help ASAP as I live in the Midwest so it’s already cold and just gonna get worse. Thank you much!

Old 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A couple of years ago, my 2006 Trailblazer had a similar issue. The cruise control stopped working. After extensive investigation and no solutions, I gave up. One morning, my wife was driving in front of me on the way to work. I noticed that the left brake light was out. Spent $17 at AutoZone and magically, the cruise started working again. Turns out the culprit was the circuit board in the tail light. Go figure....

Old 11-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

is the blower motor not blowing on all speeds what you mean by heat not working?
Reason I ask is I had a similar issue with cruise/blower motor being stupid on an 03 monte, was a strange fix but it was in the ignition cylinder. The electrical part not the actual key part. I also noticed when I had this problem it was random, may do it one day and not again for weeks. also the driver info center up by the rearview mirror would go nuts when the problem arose.
Must be a ground that works that stuff through the ignition switch that was going bad.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aerocoupe86
is the blower motor not blowing on all speeds what you mean by heat not working?
Reason I ask is I had a similar issue with cruise/blower motor being stupid on an 03 monte, was a strange fix but it was in the ignition cylinder. The electrical part not the actual key part. I also noticed when I had this problem it was random, may do it one day and not again for weeks. also the driver info center up by the rearview mirror would go nuts when the problem arose.
Must be a ground that works that stuff through the ignition switch that was going bad.
I’m sorry I should’ve been a little more clear, yes it’s just not blowing at any speed no matter what. And where is that located at a little more specifically if you can. Thank you very much for your help

Old 11-22-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by chifan
A couple of years ago, my 2006 Trailblazer had a similar issue. The cruise control stopped working. After extensive investigation and no solutions, I gave up. One morning, my wife was driving in front of me on the way to work. I noticed that the left brake light was out. Spent $17 at AutoZone and magically, the cruise started working again. Turns out the culprit was the circuit board in the tail light. Go figure....
That is weird I’ll have to check that out I haven’t been paying much attention to my taillights thank you

Old 11-23-2017, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member

The ignition switch I was referring to is in the dash. Its the part you put the key in to start the car. But you just need the electrical part not the entire lock cylinder if that helps make any sense. If this is indeed your issue the good thing is its not expensive, if I recall the switch was around $40. I replaced it myself took maybe 30 minutes if that.
Google a video in youtube and it should help. Just search for 00-05 monte or impala ignition switch replace.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aerocoupe86
The ignition switch I was referring to is in the dash. Its the part you put the key in to start the car. But you just need the electrical part not the entire lock cylinder if that helps make any sense. If this is indeed your issue the good thing is its not expensive, if I recall the switch was around $40. I replaced it myself took maybe 30 minutes if that.
Google a video in youtube and it should help. Just search for 00-05 monte or impala ignition switch replace.
Awesome thank you so much for your help. You’re a lifesaver!

Old 11-23-2017, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member

no problem man, hope the info helps