Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

160 + MPH + Tree = : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 160 + MPH + Tree = : (

[align=center][/align][align=center]Below Story is really Sad [X(][/align][align=center]Please don't read `if you are feeling down.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Fast Car - Kids - Booze - 160MPH + Tree [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]The below has again made me `Think[/align][align=center]Gone B-4 their Time : ([/align][align=center]It happens all the time...It's a reminder for me to think, before[/align][align=center]I get stupid again....I just got out of my teens, and have done some[/align][align=center]crazy street driving/Racing...I'm lucky to still `be....I'm learning as I travel[/align][align=center]my `journey....The kids my age below, didn't make it : ([/align][align=center][X(][:-]Below was a new 08 BMW [:-][X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]Florida Highway Patrol says alcohol likely played a role in the crash that killed 5 young Marion County men early Saturday morning. The car was traveling at more than 160 miles-per-hour on a private airstrip adjacent to a home owned by John Travolta when it flew off the runway and smashed into a tree. More Details

Crash Near Travolta Property Kills 5
[X(][:-][X(]

POSTED: 9:49 pm EST January 26, 2008[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- Florida Highway Patrol says alcohol likely played a role in the fatal crash that killed 5 young Marion County men early Saturday morning.
The car was traveling at more than 160 miles-per-hour on a private airstrip adjacent to a home owned by John Travolta when it flew off the runway and smashed into a tree.
The accident happened around 4a.m. in the gated Graystone Community, which is located inside the Jumbolair Aviation Estates, north of Ocala.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, the five teens were joyriding in a 2008 gray BMW when they decided to sneak into the exclusive Jumbolair Community.
The community is home to several millionaires, including actor John Travolta. It is supposed to be gated, but Channel 9 found out that people have been sneaking in.
The car was speeding down the airstrip when it hit an embankment, flew off the end of the runway, and crashed into trees about two-hundred-feet from the end of the airstrip.
The car split in half, then disintegrated, ejecting three of the passengers.
The victims friends say the accident happened after a late night party and that the teens wanted to see how fast the new BMW could go.
[b]Troopers say 18-year-old Joshua Ammirato was driving the car at the time of the crash. His

Old 01-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Default RE: Sad Story "Gone B-4 their Time" : (

[align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Sharks Teeth Pulled From Surfer's Foot After Attack[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/15083698/detail.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][8D]It's dangerous out there in our World : )[/align][align=center]They have bitten my board, but I've been lucky [/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Sad Story "Gone B-4 their Time" : (

What a sad situation.

Yes I drank when I was a teen. Thank the Lord He gave me enough sense to stop before something bad happened.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Default RE: 160 + MPH + Tree = : (

[align=center]I hope this post makes everyone think before they drink[/align][align=center]and drive....The below kid's did not `Think : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click the below link to see more pic's/video of accident : ([/align][align=center](The pictures of the kids made me & the BeachBum's[/align][align=center]think about the stupid things we did on the road : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It sure makes me think, because I've been lucky when I[/align][align=center]thought I was a race car driver on the streets.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][X(] [X(][/align][align=center]FHP: Alcohol likely involved in crash that killed 5 young men[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click on below link for pic's & Article : ( [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012.../BREAKING_NEWS#[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012...rce=photoclick[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish all MCF Member's a Safe `Journey in your Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]I hope this post made you `think...also....[/align][align=center]We `did,[/align][align=center]`Space & the BeachRiver `Bums[/align]

Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 PM

That's what DD's are for. I know I've been the Designated Driver many times, usually with my own car. But I've driven a few others, including a newer Jetta, first manual car that I've ever driven, I've drove stick shift trucks just fine, but damn those gears are different in a car. That's what I get for not liking beer, which is basically the only thing at college parties unless I bring my own stuff which isn't much of an option when I don't have a part time job yet. Anyone ever pass through Laramie, Wyoming and need someone to drive them around when they can't hardly stand, give me a call.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]`Garrett, my grandfather stopped over for coffee,[/align][align=center]and was reading this thread, and your post.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]He said that you are a kind/generous man for your offer of[/align][align=center]assistance to those under the influence.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He then said; `if there were more like you, it would[/align][align=center]be a better World....., I agree...[/align][align=center]Thanksyouforsharingyour thoughts, your words.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Life is just 2 short, I better remember to make [/align][align=center]the most of it....Now.....,EnJoy your `Journey [8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Starting roughly about ten years ago, we had a number of traffic fatalities involving teen drinking and driving. The passengers unfortunately didn't survive, but the young drivers did. The courts decided to not only order the driver to speak at highschools, but when he/she did, their smashed up car would be brought to the highschool with them.

Does this make a difference? Who knows really. Personally, I don't think so. I think most reactions are "Woah! You were lucky to get out of that!" Then leave it at that, and forget about it.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:08 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Taz

Starting roughly about ten years ago, we had a number of traffic fatalities involving teen drinking and driving. The passengers unfortunately didn't survive, but the young drivers did. The courts decided to not only order the driver to speak at highschools, but when he/she did, their smashed up car would be brought to the highschool with them.

Does this make a difference? Who knows really. Personally, I don't think so. I think most reactions are "Woah! You were lucky to get out of that!" Then leave it at that, and forget about it.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mod `Taz,[/align][align=center]I don't think I will forget about it...WoW, I must be gett'in old : )[/align][align=center]All the `Bum's read the article & viewed the pic's/video[/align][align=center]on the above posted links. They all said "WoW, that could[/align][align=center]have been us a few years ago"...We have been[/align][align=center]lucky...considering the way we where 15-18...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One of the `Bum's found the below information when[/align][align=center]he was on the above link.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]The BMW was a M5 500HP[/align][align=center]Very[/align][align=center]Interesting read below about advise on a web auto forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"We live, and hopefully, we learn"[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]Driver of BMW in fatal crash sought Web advice on making it go faster

BY RICK CUNDIFF
Star-Banner

[/align]

[align=center][b](Updated at 1:30 p.m.) OCALA - Less than 12 hours before he died, Joshua Ammirato was posting messages on an Internet message board seeking advice about how to drive his 2008 BMW M5 faster.

Ammirato, 18, logged onto M5board.com Thursday and Friday, asking other M5 drivers how to shift smoother in the 500-horsepower machine.

"The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be thud noise with the gear change," he wrote in one post.

Ammirato and four other young Marion County men were killed at about 3:45 a.m. Saturday, when the BMW M5 he was driving sailed off the end of the Greystone airstrip in Anthony and crashed into a tree.

Messages on the board devoted to M5 enthusiasts show Ammirato logged on shortly before 10 p.m. Thursday as "AmericanM5."

"Let me say I am beginner when it comes to high performance cars as I am only 18 so take it easy on me," he wrote.

Other members of the board expressed skepticism that Ammirato could have a car with a base price of $82,900 at such a young age, but warned him to take it easy until he gained more driving experience.

"Maybe your 2 years driving experience in your whole life is the problem," one member wrote.

"The fact that I never drove a manual car before may be true, but I've been driving for a lot longer than two years buddy," Ammirato responded.

Ammirato's

Old 01-27-2008, 07:14 PM

Thats why DUI laws here in AZ are among the strictest in the country.. my idiot brother just got pulled over and was cited for DUI... i agree with some sort of punishment, but his might be pretty bad.. 1st offense and he might get 45 days in jail if convicted.. he's only 22 and might loose his license for up to a year and when he gets it back there is a mandatory vehicle interlock device.. and plus fees and fines, like the interlock device might be around 100 bucks every month .. he hired lawyers too.. that was 8 g's alone.. so if you wanna F up your life, and possibly others, this is a great way to do it..

Though my brother is an alchoholic, so this also a time for intervention into his life before he destroys it anymore..

Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM

We just had 3 kids killed here in the last week in a suby WRX...they were doing around 109 when they hit

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=84724

Quick Reply: 160 + MPH + Tree = : (