Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

1 more for responsibility, woot

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 1 more for responsibility, woot

Good job, ladies.

This guy had remote start on his manual and left it in gear for the dealers LOL

More at
http://jalopnik.com/5500228/dealersh...d-car-totalled

Old 03-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ha ha, nice wheels on that stank

Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

judging by the special liscance plate, plate frame & dogtags still hanging off the mirror, i would say the owner of the car was in the military. just for that the dealer has no right to refuse him a new car for their mistake, imo.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dealerships are always trying to get out of responsibility.

According to the story, it happened when the owner came to pick up his car. That means a dealership employee parked the car, not the owner.

Dealership employee parked the car. Dealership employee remote started the car and put it into the pond. Dealership owes a U.S. Army soldier one new Mustang GT.

Sounds like a great story for one of those local newcast help teams. "Call the Fox 2 Problem Solvers" type things.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:27 AM

...I sure hope the solider gets a new GT 4-Sure.
Thanks 4 sharing `Brock....I really don't like to leave my car at a dealership or service departments : (

Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 AM

why is almost every one making fun of ford and mustang i have one i give respect to ford about not geting a bail out like chevy and dodge. remember i dont post saying anouther chevy or dodge down the drain. even though i owne a chevy i am suprised that there is not alot of people hat ford but it also puts a damper on the chevy guys not giving respect. because the truble chevy needed help on.i know that not all chevy guys dont hate ford and there like me have both chevy and ford best of two worlds;p

Old 03-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a car guy that prefers Chevy (or GM in general). I'm not strictly a Chevy guy.

I don't hate Ford. Wouldn't be my first choice of car. But certainly wouldn't be my last choice. I agree that Ford deserves some credit for being the only one of the big 3 to turn down bail out money. I looked at this thread as more of a who's responsible thread. That could have just as easily happened at a Chevy dealership with someone's Corvette. It's not Ford's fault that some employee at that dealership screwed up.

But that's just my opinion.

P.S. I altered the title of this thread to focus more on the circumstances, rather than the brand of the car involved.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Nice save Taz, I wouldn't mind a newer mustang myself; but only if i couldn't get my hands on a Magnum/Charger/or G8 >.>

Anyways back on topic; its definitely the dealerships responsibility to get this guy a new car. It was an employee who started the car, therefore covered by the dealership.
"lucky" better not budge, overall i hope he gets his car's worth or a replacement.

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THAT WAS YOUR MONTE IN THAT POND?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Shouldn't there be a neutral safety switch on that car, kind of like automatics have? Would ti be that hard to rig up? I suppose a remote start has to bypass the fact that you have to have the clutch in to start it.. but how about hooking up a neutral safety switch? Must not have been installed by the dealer... so they may try to get out of responsibility that way.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Member: Monte07
Dear`John,
I don't think, or see anyone hating fords or Mustangs on this thread.

I think the subject was more about what happened to the subject car @ the dealership when some employee used the remote start and caused it to crash....: (

Sorry `if you were offended, but I don't believe it was the intention of the poster of the thread. I took it as funny in a sad way because of the damage done to a nice ride, but it showed the stupidity, or the inept knowledge of the employee that committed this error.

Sometimes, because of just the written words, joke's & funnies; can be taken wrong by the readers, when
that was not the intent. I know we are a very diverse group and many are very senitive about their cars,
but I believe the majority of member's respect all that deserve `Respect 4-Sure.

Last edited by Space; 03-28-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: 1 more for responsibility, woot