Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

08 Coupes Prototypes + more

Old 01-09-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 08 Coupes Prototypes + more

[align=center][X(]Chevrolet is dropping the Monte Carlo Coupe [X(][/align][align=center]but,[/align][align=center]Honda Designs of Japan is keeping theirs.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm just happy that auto companies are still producing coupes.[/align][align=center]I'm just not ready for a four door auto or kids : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let me know what you think of it.[/align][align=center]I like it, but I would like to see it in person.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2008 Honda Accord Concept[/align][align=center]The absence of any of the usual concept-car glam such as hidden door handles, trick lighting, or oversize wheels, and the fact that the release date for this vehicle is this fall, leads us to believe that, in typical Honda fashion, the Honda Accord Coupe concept is less a concept than a production prototype.Appearing to have been styled as a coupe from the beginning, the Accord concept has a much bolder, more distinct look than its predecessor, a car that merely looked like a truncated sedan, an afterthought. A strong, upright grille and front fascia on the concept are flanked by long headlamps that wrap around deep into the fenders, seemingly stretching all the way to the center of the wheel opening. The roofline begins its descent almost from the A-pillar, meeting the abbreviated, sloping trunk atop a moderately bulging rear fender with the rear-window beltline kink that seems to be popping up everywhere.

Quadruple exhaust outlets set into the bumper signal the performance potential of the coupe, which Honda says will be offered with a more powerful and fuel efficient V-6 than the mill in the current car -- possibly a version of the new, 300-hp 3.7-liter V-6 that's in the Acura MDX -- as well as Variable Cylinder Management, Honda’s cylinder-deactivation system.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align][align=center]What do you `think ?[/align][align=center][:-]Click Images 2 EnLarge[:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/21129728C1354AF4A94A7F74386F2844.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/C9E3D05C555B47EB9C6BE4E806C93AEC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/061B1DE088474376ABD9B8BA2CB003BD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/57A0C6CDAC1C4AF5B38607FE5E9817AF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/7DACC5E405B944FAB13CDE9CB1CE526E.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Default RE: 08 Honda Accord Coupe Production Proto-type!

kind of a i robot type flavor to them dont they

Old 01-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Overall I like it but personally I think the front is to boxy...You could do some really cool looking paint jobs with the side lines too...

Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 PM

true but look at the new malubu it is a box look to.
so i guess we see the new style imerging.
MAN WHER EIS THE CAMARO AT!!! they took my new montes to look at ,

Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 PM

GM Still Racing [&:]

Detroit Auto Show: Pontiac to Race the G6 Coupe

Stuffed in the back of the GM display is Pontiac. And stuffed in the back of the Pontiac section of the GM display is this G6 GXP.R racecar. Set to replace the championship winning GTO.R as Pontiac's entry in the GT class of the 2007 Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series, the GXP.Rwill debut on the racetrack later this month at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, where it will compete against factory teams from Porsche and BMW.
Built to the specifications of the Grand American GT class, the rear-wheel drive, tube chassis GXP.R is powered by a racing version of the pushrod LS2 V-8 engine that produces approximately 450 horsepower. Bodywork retains the silhouette of a production G6 GXP "Street", but carbon-fiber replica panels are used to reduce overall mass.
No confimation on drivers, but the car's number has created rumors. Word is Bo and Luke Duke are leaving the Mopar camp and goin' racin' inthis Pontiac. YeeeeeeHaaaaaa-- Scott Oldham
Posted by Scott Jan 7, 2007 12:56 pm
[/align][hr]

[:-]Click Pic [:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/949D468D131A42FD860792296B4CD6D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/9D40F6B0DCD4455F95059A859A0B6A0C.jpg[/IMG]
[align=center][sm=why.gif][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align]

Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Monte Competition
[:-]
Detroit Auto Show: Pontiac G6 GXP Street

Until today we'd never heard of a "hammerhead" spoiler. Honestly, after seeing the one on the 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street edition we still wish we were in the dark. It's an option, so we considered cutting Pontiac a little slack, but the grotesque nature of the offense eventually forced our hand. The taste police have been alerted and we understand GM's performance division will be paid a little visit.
Get beyond the tea tray hung on the trunk, and the front-wheel drive G6 GXP Street edition has some promise. It's one step up the food chain from the run of the mill G6 GXP, but the Street edition is powered by the same 3.6-liter double overhead cam V6. Horsepower is a strong 252, and there's 251 lb.-ft. of torque to play with. The engine is backed by a six-speed automatic transmission.
When the G6 GXP models arrive at dealerships this fall, coupe and sedan bodystyles will be offered. Both will ride on performance-tuned suspension and 18-inch wheels. Street edition models get a new front fascia with fog lamps, braided polished stainless steel grille inserts, hood scoops and dual exhaust tips. Inside it's the same as every other G6.
"Customers have come to equate Pontiac GXP vehicles with an uncompromising balance of performance, style and comfort," Pontiac's general manager John Larson told us. After the G6 GXP Street edition hits the road, they better add big stupid wings to that list.--Scott Oldham
[:-]Click on Pic's [:-]
Post - what U think ?
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/16FF1E6AC88E48B8921A8E68CFB5A4BB.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/012D75C63613442A89B4FE91D4B809FC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Here ya go... I hope you like...and that you can see...If not, try the link.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...aby/camaro.jpg

Old 01-10-2007, 03:58 AM

man i still wan t my camaro!! but im not goign to get one tha tis new unless the wife dose it.
other wise i will get one a coupel of years old and find one in good shape. let someone else take the hit on the drop in price LOL

I do however plan to go attempt a test drive on one.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that honda looks pretty good wow...never thought i would say that, i hate japonese cars but it still looks pretty good

that pontiac looks pretty cool too, the back end kind of looks like a 350z

still not too big on those camaro's yet, i still can't get over the fact that it looks like its smiling at you, it hasn't grown on me yet.

but i do really like the new challenger coming out from dodge

drooool!! lol

Old 01-10-2007, 11:37 AM

Hey `Josh (WizKidd), that Dodge is BAD AZZ. I can't wait 2 C the New Camaro &
Dodge on the Tracks : ). Now, all we have 2 do is rob a bank 2 be able to afford one
Who is hosting your pic's. That first pic of the Dodge is awesome..
Fwoggy& all, thanks 4 your post. Wish the reader a `Happy
`Space

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 Coupes Prototypes + more