Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

06 Eclipse G.T. vs Monte Carlo S.S. ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bonus Post

Drag Race with Starion WoW
Turn Up your Speakers & Check it out
It even beats a Vette : )

Last edited by Space; 07-24-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's a very timeless looking car. Something that if maintained and kept looking good will always look good.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM

..Hi Mike, I think the Monte Carlo is Timeless also : ) All Generation Monte Carlo's are unique & from all my searches I've found ones I like in all the generations produced. I still like the 4th Gen's, but only when they've had a transplant with a 350 + : )

I fell in love with Monte's from watching NASCAR with my grandfather & bum's growing `up & always like the wind tunnel design...There's not to many automobiles that comes close to the Monte, unless they are sister cars like the Pontiac/Olds.

I still think the Monte gives their owners a lot of bang 4 their $'s....4-Sure : ) "If U luv'em, they luv U back with many trouble free miles : ) Peace/Out////EnJoy

Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Stock vs. Stock I think the Monte could (I stress that) take it in automatic form. If it is a manual and the person driving knows what they're doing, I think the GT walks on the SS.

To add though, I'd take the Monte over the Eclipse ANY day. I personally don't like how they look very much at all.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Stock vs. Stock I think the Monte could (I stress that) take it in automatic form. If it is a manual and the person driving knows what they're doing, I think the GT walks on the SS.

To add though, I'd take the Monte over the Eclipse ANY day. I personally don't like how they look very much at all.
Pretty much agree with what Ted said....the Eclipse is too "bubblyesque" for my taste.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by hctr154
Pretty much agree with what Ted said....the Eclipse is too "bubblyesque" for my taste.

That's why I'm happy that we have so many choices in our country/world
in automobiles, or transportation. I like the Eclipse, but like the Monte Carlo better. For the price BeachBum`Mike paid, I think he got a super deal for a fully loaded GT that was super maintained with only 25K mostly highway miles between Indian River Co & Brevard Co Florida. It was garage kept & kept in showroom condition.

I would love to see a Monte with a six speed standard transmission.
The Eclipse is a way out design, but it fits Bum`Mike's personality, cause he's Way `Out there 2 : ) I just think running in the high 13's @ over a 100 MPH is great for a 3.8L engine...Kudo's 2 Mitsu : )

I know the Pontiac G6 made a few Pontiac with the 3.9L & Six Speed Standard Shift, but the reviews stated the the shift linkage was sloppy : (

I'd take Ted's Monte in a heartbeat over BumMike's Eclipse : )
Sorry `Bum Mike, but 2 each their own : ) He's still on Cloud nine & all excited....He's not going 2 race it....I think he's already waxed it twice : )
Thanks Everyone for your post/opinions/feedback : ) Peace/Out/

Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I love the fact its manual, but I think I would buy it over the monte for the fact of all the aftermarket upgrades. The monte doesnt have many with the 5.3 but the ecplise had bodykits and mods before it even hit the showroom floor.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:30 AM

Hi, BeachBum `Mike, wanted me to post a thanks to our member's
that posted their congrat's & Comments.
I just got 2 drive it again this morning & it's not a Monte, but it's a
great ride 4 the $'s...Especially if U buy one used : ) They took a big
hit on depreciation the first few years. The first owner paid
close to $30K with options/tax & fee's, & Mike got it for $10K.
It looks like it's brand new WoW
&
I also think BumMike slept in it last night He's on cloud nine
for Sure : ) I'm happy 4 Him 4-Sure.
If U see a GT on a used car lot, it's worth the time to test drive
one just to see what a 3.8L can do with a six speed stick : )
I luv shifting .....Peace/Out/the `Kid

Oh, the factory Rockford System Kick's Butt 4 a Factory 650 Watt System
WoW ~ Wee's : )

Old 07-25-2009, 09:00 AM

~ The End ~

REAR

Old 07-25-2009, 01:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Its not for me, but then again, thats why I bought a Monte! But I will say, they are pretty nice, and the GT 3.8L is impresive for sure! Congrats to Mike! Enjoy your new car man!

I think an SS Monte might beat it stock for stock...just cause it does have the power/ torque of a 5.3L...but then again, that REALLY tall gearing in the 4 speed tranny that Monte's have kinda kills it, so it would be close...That is my one Bi*ch about the Monte/ Bonneville. Even the V6 engines make pretty good amounts of horsepower....but the 4 speed tranny, along with the super tall gearing makes them slower off the line than some may expect...Although, they are still pretty quick. But just think, if all Monte's had a six speed auto (manual would be sweet) then even my 211hp 3.5L would be a beast off the line. One thing good I can say about the tall gearing and 4 speed, is us Monte owners (or the Bonneville. grand Prix/ regal, etc...) have some kick *** highway passing power, which I guess is arguably used more often anyway. Not to many cars can be floored at 80mph, and grab second gear to launch them forward to 100mph! Now that is pretty cool! Plus the taller gearing gives us good MPG vs. another 4 speed with lower gearing...but a six speed would be the best of both worlds. Lower gearing, with a nice tall 6th gear for good MPG's!

Quick Reply: 06 Eclipse G.T. vs Monte Carlo S.S. ?