Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~O-O~ Must see tv ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ~O-O~ Must see tv ?

Hi Member's,
Are you looking forward to the new Season Program this year ? Several of the employee's I work with were talking about this morning on break & I was surprised on how much TV they watch...I don't have cable or dish & just have broadcast TV...I don't watch much but the news...(The news is mostly depressing)

What show(s)/program(s) do you go out of your way to watch ? Please post/share
(It will be interesting to read what everyone watches)

How many are going to watch 2 Men & a teenager ? Or
2 and a Half Men ?

^^I'd watch it `if I wasn't working, but if you do, let us know what you thought of it `OK..

OK, it's your turn to contribute & share your favorite shows/programs that you watch on TV..
p.s. Post what size TV you have Thanks...

Now, please fill in some space, while there's still some left

Last edited by Space; 09-20-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh wow. I watch A LOT of Television. Usually my DVR box is recording shows on other channels while I watch other shows in the same time slot.

I have a 46" Vizio 120hz LCD TV with a Bose 2.1 speaker system attached (since stock TV sounds stink and I move too much to mount a full 5.1)

Ummmm tonight I'll probably watch/record 2 1/2 men just to see how they try to tie Ashton in. I'll watch Castle, The Playboy Club, When House m.d. comes back I watch that too.

Tuesdays: I like to watch Biggest Loser and Body of Proof.

Wed: Has Modern Family, Up All Night, Free Agents

Thurs: Big Bang Theory, Grey's, The office, Parks and Rec, Whitney,

Then I think next week starts more premieres' which I will probably start watch even more shows lol.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I'm kinda strung out on Survivor - never really missed an episode except the first 2 of season 1. I was really into the America's Got Talent, but that's over now. They picked the worst winner so I may not watch next season.

I try not to follow to many shows cuz they can hook me pretty good...

Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I'm kinda strung out on Survivor - never really missed an episode except the first 2 of season 1. I was really into the America's Got Talent, but that's over now. They picked the worst winner so I may not watch next season.
I'm getting tired of singers always winning. (hello we have many shows for singers already) I think it's because they can contract them and sell albums and stuff as well. They see it as a money pit. I feel like the voting isn't really going the way America wants, but the way they can make money.

Honestly I thought iLuminate should have won. I would have seen a full show of theirs!!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:51 AM

WoW `Mike, thanks for you post & all the shows that you watch ~> WoW
I hope someday to have the time to watch a lot of shows or channels on Cable or Dish TV...

I do like to watch Racing or the Dew Tour if I have the time.
I just love being outdoors & doing things, but I sure look forward to watching/seeing the history channel & having ESPN etc...I shall keep dreaming Thanks for sharing...
Presently, I do have a 10 inch LED TV with rabbit ears
I don't get 2 many channels : )

OK, whose next....It's your turn...Take a break from your T.V. and post ~>

Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm getting tired of singers always winning. (hello we have many shows for singers already) I think it's because they can contract them and sell albums and stuff as well. They see it as a money pit. I feel like the voting isn't really going the way America wants, but the way they can make money.

Honestly I thought iLuminate should have won. I would have seen a full show of theirs!!
Agreed. Any of the others in the final would have been better. Sure, Landon had a decent voice, but that didn't compare to the time of preparation, choreography and originality of all the other acts. Some were even thrilling dangerous acts. Landon is a lounge singer and America has a million of those. I can't understand what happened there

Landon was also singing horribly off key in the finale with Patty LeBell. Seems he can only sing one kind of song and it ain't soul

Last edited by JuniorCar; 09-19-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 AM

i used to watch LOST religiously but i ended up getting sick of it. now i cant get myself to watch tv shows every week like that. i watch college football on saturdays, a little NFL and Golf on sundays. thats about it. i dont watch tv it gets boring too quickly.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Wow space I was gonna start a thread about this later. You beat me to it.

The shows I watch regularly are Dexter, Deadliest Catch, Cops, Big Bang Theory, NCIS and Criminal Minds
Also I like to watch reality type TV like The Celebrity Apprentice, Flipping Out, Swamp People, Storage Wars, Ice Road Truckers, Dog the bounty hunter and Pawn Stars.

Lol I watch Too much tv.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Boxman420
i used to watch LOST religiously but i ended up getting sick of it. now i cant get myself to watch tv shows every week like that. i watch college football on saturdays, a little NFL and Golf on sundays. thats about it. i dont watch tv it gets boring too quickly.
Same here, I only watch it if I don't have a good book to read, or if I can't get out and do something, I will turn it on. Now a days there is nothing good on, I also don't have the time to catch what I want, so I stop trying, I am an outdoor type person, I play video games, that is the only reason my TV is still in my room lol

Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well i got a 42" plasma in my room & a 82" 3D in the living room both have 5.1 surround

I watch Top Gear wen its on, NASCAR, any repo shows there always funny, Wipeout, Family Guy, King of the zHill, American Dad, Castle, House, Bones, Dexter, thats about it lol

Quick Reply: ~O-O~ Must see tv ?