Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~> Please send $'s 2 `Space...Thank You! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Space I'm sorry but I bought the winning ticket. Lol.

When I win the powerball drawing my automotive dream is to recreate all the cars that I was infatuated with in my youth. There will be no ground pounding engines but lots of eye candy. A few of them would include a 1960 Ford Country Squire wagon. I had a neighbor with a white one with red interior and all that faux wood. It was beautiful. A blue hair lady a few doors down owned a 1961 Chevy Impala 2 door hardtop that was black with a red and white interior. I had another neighbor that had a 59 Buick four door hardtop that had been retired but we used to play in and on it also a 1963 Chevy Impala. I think I would want a Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop from 1951-1957 side by side in a garage err warehouse. Then from 1958 to 1973 Chevy Impala 2 door hardtops to complete my full size Chevy collection. Although it would not be complete without a 92-96 Impala SS. My collection would also include a 74-76 Mercury Cougar XR7. I would have to have a 66/67 Chevy Nova wagon and an SS hardtop. Believe it or not my collection would have more GM and Fords than Mopars. For Mopars I'd have to have a 63 Plymouth Fury wagon, 65 Plymouth Fury III 2 door hardtop. A 66 Sport Fury droptop. A 67 Fury III 4 door hardtop. A 68 Sport Fury hardtop. I would also have a 72 Fury III just because they look cool and a 72 Dodge Royal Monaco wagon. Of course I'd have to have one of each Dodge Charger from 66 to 77 including a 69 Charger 500, and a 69 Charger Daytona. A 70 Dodge Superbee, 74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus Sundowner edition, 1979 Plymouth Volare Sport Wagon. If you have never seen one of these it is a Volare Wagon with all the Roadrunner goodies right from the factory. These would be in addition to the Mopars I already own. There are many more I'd add. After all why not its lottery winning right?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
That thing is amazing - no doubt! I'll send you the 2 bucks just so I can own a tiny piece of it. I get to come for a visit and take 'er for a spin tho...
I'll throw in a few bucks too. Brent, Justin and I will make the trip down to Space's place for a ride.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
That Ferreri is okay, but I'd take the Lamborghini over 2 of those Ferraris. Honestly, I dion't even think that Ferrari interior looks very good at all. Most Chevs and Fords - hell, even the Hyundai look nicer inside...
Okay, Brent don't want the Ferrari. I'll take his. :p

Old 04-21-2012, 06:52 PM

My fraternal grandparents were true blue Chevy folks. They owned many of the 60's Impalas I long for. They used to trade every year or two and they each had their own. My Grandmother also liked Novas. She had a 68 with a six under the hood. My maternal grandparents had Oldsmobiles until 1974 then switched to a Ford LTD in 75 and then various Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Towncars thru the 80's. My grandfather did have a thing for a 66 Bonneville for a while and then various 69 Impalas. For some reason had four or five different ones and they were all dark green. He started with a 69 Kingswood Estate woody, then to a two door hardtop, then to another wagon without the wood, and back to another two door hardtop that might have been the same two door from before but I'm not positive. I remember he had to put a motor into each one of them. He had a huge Maple tree that hung over the drive way and he had chain falls hanging from a branch. He put a motor into the Bonneville and the Chevy's and I think my grandmother put her foot down and said he was too old to be swapping motors. He always drove older cars and always bought her a new Oldsmobile. They bought a new 73 Olds 98 Regency with a 455 in it. When that blew up they fixed it and traded for a 75 Ford LTD. kept that until 1983 when they traded it for a 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. Traded that for a 1986 Lincoln Towncar Signature Series and traded that for an 89 Towncar SS. They also had a 77 Mercury Colony Park wagon. It was huge and gorgeous. I could go on for hours about cars from my youth because I remember them all and I've been a car guy since I was about five.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 PM

Space - some guy just came to the door wearing a uniform, said he was with the Monte Carlo Express Delivery Service, sso I gave him my $2.50 for your fund. It should be in your hands within the week. Or sometime this year.

My Dream Ride is a little more down to earth than your's: a 1985 black Monte with red interior, V8 with modified exhaust and new surround-sound stereo system with twelve speakers that are so loud you have to wear ear plugs to listen to your own radio (what would be the point of THAT???).

Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
Space - some guy just came to the door wearing a uniform, said he was with the Monte Carlo Express Delivery Service, sso I gave him my $2.50 for your fund. It should be in your hands within the week. Or sometime this year.

My Dream Ride is a little more down to earth than your's: a 1985 black Monte with red interior, V8 with modified exhaust and new surround-sound stereo system with twelve speakers that are so loud you have to wear ear plugs to listen to your own radio (what would be the point of THAT???).
Angie if that Monte is an 86,87, or 88 with T-Tops and an aero coupe it will be sitting in my dream car garage as well. It will be parked next to my black 83 Monte SS. Aside of that will be my 86 Pontiac Gran Prix 2+2 aerocoupe and my 87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and my 86 Mustang SVO.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Tom,
Why are you `step'in on my Auto Dream
I'm not try'in 2 enter your dreams....You are free to dream about anything, or any `ride that your mind drives your dreams LOL

We are all different, with different dreams & I fully admit that I'm way different then the majority 4->Sure
Haha My bad honestly though, I dream small. A black '86 IROC Camaro

Old 04-21-2012, 10:50 PM

My dream garage contains three stories and a service elevator to more cars between floors. Lol. With my track record maybe it should have more floors. Lol.