Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~> Most beautiful US City ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow ~> Most beautiful US City ?

Hi Member's,
I've never been to any other U.S. States in person, but I've have travelled to everyone on the Web...
Take a break~> a web trip to the cities contained in the below `vid....It's a Web type Vacation.... What is your favorite State ? City ? Country ? Please post/share `OK Post a pic(s) of the area that you live & drive your Monte Carlo ? Do you like where you live ?

EnJoy your Web `Journey.

Last edited by Space; 05-24-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

On the west coast we have everything and more. Cities, countryside, beaches, mountains. Five star hotels and Yosemite cabins. Freeways to everywhere. I grew up here and often have to step back to see just what the heck makes people travel here to vacation.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:11 PM

Hi Barovelli, & thanks for your post. I've never been to L.A. in person, but I've been there via the Web & have met many from that area who have moved to Florida or where visiting...They all love that part of our country & said there are some bad area's like every major city...

I know I love several of the Surf sites in the area & that your Pacific Ocean really kicks `up some Monster Waves...

I hope my future permits me to get out to the west coast to view & experience the area...

Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 PM

My favorite country would have to be the USA. With all the faults and corruption we have the most freedoms and opportunities than anywhere else. I have only been to one other country and that is Canada. I would have to say they are number two (sorry Lou) as the best place on earth.

My favorite region would be New England. It has four seasons and the natural scenery is breath taking. The mountains are spectacular. The coast line is unforgettable.

My favorite state would have to be Massachusetts. It is rich with history everywhere you go. That is where it all began with the landing of the Mayflower. Boston is rich with old and new. It also has a rich sports history with the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Bruins, and the New England Patriots. There are no more loyal fans than Boston fans win or lose. My favorite sites are over looking the harbors in Gloucester looking at all the fishing boats anchored and shifting according to the tide. Also walking thru Salem thinking about the witch trials that occurred so long ago. A walk along Salisbury beach looking at the arcades that are over a hundred years old remembering the small arcade rides from my youth and the skee ball games. The warm sand between my toes and the smell of the sea food being prepared everywhere. This is what I miss most about living in Florida. We have nice attractions and beaches but they don't compare. Sort of like oranges and apples.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:43 AM

Thanks Gregg for your post. I hope that you can move back to the New England area in your future.
==========================================
I really love anyplace with a clean beach & good waves.
I could live on a beach 4-Sure...."Life is a Beach"

^^^^Love 2 be there ^ Now with my `Friends ^^^^^

Last edited by Space; 05-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:59 PM

I've been to the north, west coast, south. And I still to this day say my hometown is the best... Miami!

Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by MayoJ1
I've been to the north, west coast, south. And I still to this day say my hometown is the best... Miami!
Yes, Miami is a super city that has everything and there are daily races on just about any road that you drive. It's crazy driving there 4-Sure

It's sure is a Fun in the Sun Location to visit or live.
It's to busy for me, but I've enjoyed the area when I go to Miami or the surrounding area's.

I really like south-beach, just not for all the activity, but for the beautiful women & cars...WoW they have some fast/beautiful ones 4-Sure.

There seems to be a party everywhere you `go...

Nightlife in Miami area is a constant party....It's crazy there

I grew `up & was raised on a isolated Beach Village in Indian River County....I prefer the laid back lifestyle more then the hectic/fast paced life in Ft Lauderdale, Orlando or other larger cities...

Home Sweest Beach Home
I'm HomeSick 4-Sure...Wish I was
there instead of a Hot Warehouse ,
but we all have 2 `do, what we all
have 2 `do 2 survive...
Peace/Out from` Space

Last edited by Space; 05-26-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 PM

[quote=Space;461344]

Space, I'd like to live in that second picture. My second choice would be a tent on the beach on Siesta Key, by Sarasota. My brother lived there for 35 years and said every day was like waking up in Paradise. Have you ever been to Sarasota? Do they have space people there?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

[QUOTE=Space;461100] I know I love several of the Surf sites in the area & that your Pacific Ocean really kicks `up some Monster Waves....

I hope my future permits me to get out to the west coast to view & experience the area

My son went through a surfing phase. I was impressed by his ability. I am a total klutz it seems and don't do well when the surface I am standing on is moving all the time.

Be sure and get a wet suit, the average water temp here is in the low 50s.

Anonymous surfer chick, Pacific Grove (taken by me, messing with a telephoto lens)

Last edited by Barovelli; 05-26-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 AM

[quote=Possum;461748]
Originally Posted by Space

My brother lived there for 35 years and said every day was like waking up in Paradise. Have you ever been to Sarasota? Do they have space people there?
There's covert ****'ie people everywhere 4-Real-Sure (LOL) They are peaceful human/creatures (LOL)
Hi `Angie, & yes certain area's of Florida can be like living in paradise, but not everywhere & not all the time

I post post-card type pic's that show the beautiful area's, when the weather is good. Mother Nature makes us pay to live in this tropical climate with her hurricanes, tropical storms, tornado's, severe lightening & heavy flooding rains.
Florida is the Lightening Capital, but Mother Nature does put on some SuperSuper Shows in the skies above

Yes we pay the price 4-Sure, but I do love living here, but I'm looking 4ward to my Road Trip of North America in my future...(It's my dream)...I've been just about everywhere on the `web, but I know it's not the same as being there.

Oh Yes, I've been to Sarasota in a boat when I was younger with my grandfather, but
I did not get the oppurtunity to explore the area, but there Marina's are Super Beautiful

Not always a paradise 4-Sure, but it's the cost we pay for the good sunny days....There seems to be a high price to pay for anything that is good in this human life we are living...The bad weather days in life really makes us appreciate the beauty and fun of the good weather days 4-Sure I think there is good and bad no matter where anyone lives, loves and pursue happiness in their `Life
Thanks for your words/post.
=============================================
Hi Barovelli,
Yes, I have a wet suit & it also gets cold here in Florida 4-Sure...Thanks for your great pic (I like her board) Does your son still hit the `surf ? I've been to Pacific Grove on the `Web & would love to hit those waves in person some day
Thanks for your time/posts & pictures...EnJoyed.
EnJoy your paradise on the West Coast USA

Last edited by Space; 05-27-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Quick Reply: ~> Most beautiful US City ?