Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you eat & drive ?
No, I just drive & pay attention to the Road
47.37%
Yes, I Eat & Drive (I'm hungry)
47.37%
I talk on the Phone & Text
57.89%
I jump around a lot & try to dance 2 the Music
31.58%
I'm not aloud to `Drive...They took away my license for all the above.
15.79%
I do what Taz does, or tells me 2 (LOL)
36.84%
I put on my make up or comb my hair or play with______
21.05%
Oh Multiple Choice on above..Sorry, I'm posting while driving LOL
31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

~> I think Taz got busted by the Police - LoL -

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking ~> I think Taz got busted by the Police - LoL -

Why A Man Paid $500 To Eat A Chicken Dinner In His Car

Distracted driving getting out of hand with food, pets and smartphones

Posted: May 11, 2012

Sure, it looks delicious, but is it worth the ticket? ^^Yes it does & I'm hungry again ^^LOL

by: David Kiley

Would you pay $500 for a chicken dinner you had to eat in your car?

That's just what an Ottawa, Canada man ended up paying earlier this month when police pulled him over and ticketed the greasy-fingered Canuck (Maybe it was our MCF `Taz) LOL for attempting to eat an entire rotisserie chicken while driving.

Ontario police, reports CBC News, pulled the 58-year old driver over after observing him weaving all over the road as he was clearly reaching down for something on the seat. The police also reported he was driving with his knees.

For all that we hear about the dangers of texting while driving, statistics show that drivers, including Americans, are far more frequently distracted by eating while driving than by smartphone use.

All those cup holders auto makers keep putting in our vehicles, it turns out, can be bad for us. Even if they keep hot coffee and giant sodas out of our hands, having food and drink in the car still takes our eyes away from the task at hand -- safe driving.

According to a PEMCO Insurance poll, eating was the distraction that drivers cop to the most -- 65%. Fifty-eight percent said they talk on a cellphone while driving. Six-percent admitted to reading a magazine or book while driving, and we aren't talking audio books!

SmartDrive Systems, a company that conducts research and training for companies that operate large fleets of vehicles, also reports that consuming food and beverages far out-paces cell-phone use as a distraction based on examining data from 34 million risky driving incidents.

The hazards of eating and drinking should be obvious. Spills of drinks or messy foods like hamburgers, pizza, sub sandwiches, french fries, and yes...whole chickens make us want to stop watching the road to find napkins and look at how bad the damage is.

Eating in cars is a phenomenon that began in the U.S. For years, cup-holders in European cars like Volkswagens and BMWs were awful and mis-sized. That's because Germans, culturally, don't do much eating and drinking in cars, and drive-through fast-food places are still hard to find in that country.

State police crack down on guitar playing behind the wheel

California State Police has had several crackdowns on distracted driving that includes eating, cell-phone talking, texting, driving with pets in the driver's lap and, yes, even playing guitars while driving.

Under California's vehicle code, a driver can be ticketed $145 to $1,000 for engaging in any activities that distracts the driver. The law is intentionally worded in a broad manner, and spells out any activity that causes the driver to have "wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property."

The Federal government is considering regulation that would severely curtail the use of smartphones in cars. But so far, the Department of Transportation is not saying much about whole chickens, Chihuahuas or guitars.

Why A Man Paid $500 To Eat A Chicken Dinner In His Car
Click above 4 vid

Last edited by Space; 05-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Oh `No,
Then I heard `Taz lost his drivers license & then got busted & arrested for riding a unicyclist on his way to the MCF Headquarters...
Nbc News: Caught on cam: Cops bust nude unicyclist - Bing Videos

Click above, they captured it on video Oh `No

Remember, you can't believe everything you read, or those Gossiper MCF Member's...LOL ~>
Taz's reply below

Last edited by Space; 05-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I'm in a car, all I do is drive.

No food is ever allowed in the Monte, nor a drink.

The Camaro requires both hands to drive.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I have done all of the above.....except for the make-up thing....well maybe just once.lol

Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'm guilty of messing with my phone while driving and drinking while driving, but usually im pretty focused. I tend to use speech functions on my phone when i driving. I usually dont eat and drive, thats a bit too sloppy and complicated

Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 PM

I've taken a pop with me almost 7 out of ten times when I drive. Then in the truck theres smoking or dipping sometimes (NEVER! in the Monte though) and I'm usually guilty of at least checking my phone while driving I think I fail that test. Ohh and sometimes eating Subway in the truck and driving...that can be messy.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey, come on. Give me a break. Sometime I need me some rotisserie chicken. And I don't have the time to wait at no slow-azzed restaurant.

And as for my unicycle ride... Born free, baby!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I just drive and pay attention so I can look out for all the crazy drivers around me - only way to avoid an accident and I have been able to avoid them thank goodness.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 PM

I heard that Taz was working on new mods for his Monte. He wants to remove the front passenger seat and install a rotisserie cooker there and he wants to install side pipes to get rid of the smoke from that and the smoker he put where the back seat used to be. He claims in the Monte it really is fast food. Lol.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Hey, come on. Give me a break. Sometime I need me some rotisserie chicken. And I don't have the time to wait at no slow-azzed restaurant.

And as for my unicycle ride... Born free, baby!

LoL, I'm thankful our leader has a good sense of humor

I know this is a serious problem on our highways with so many crazy drivers doing everything, but driving as they travel down the roads at high speeds. It think it's hard to enforce these bad habits..

I bet `if they took away there driving rights for the violations it might stop a few...What do you think should be the penalty/fine for driving distractions ?

Last edited by Space; 05-12-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: ~> I think Taz got busted by the Police - LoL -