Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~> How much $ense 2 Make a Penny ? What ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ~> How much $ense 2 Make a Penny ? What ?

Hi Member's,
If I ran a business like our US Treasury or government, I'd be fired 4-Sure...

We are spending over 2.1 cents to make a penny
and 11.8 cents to make a Nickel What ?

No wonder our country is in debt...
What a way to run a country....
This has been a 4:20 Post/Thread...
Now go smoke your own ~> $'s...

My reason 4 this post is to encourage everyone to get involved in our election process & fire some people in Washington D.C...
I think they are partying 2 much with our $'s, or smok'n some strong Stuff

Sorry, I go 2 get back to rolling some penny's, so that I can go get a quart of gas What ? ~>

Coin Collecting News
<!-- end #title-area --><!-- end .wrap --><!--end #header-->
<!-- end .wrap -->
Cost to Make Penny and Nickel Rises, Annual Loss Reaches $116.7 Million

January 2, 2012 By Michael Zielinski 14 Comments
The cost for the United States Mint to produce and distribute the cent and nickel rose to their highest levels, and are now more than double the respective face values. For the fiscal year ending September 30, 2011, the unit cost for the cent was 2.41 cents and the cost for the nickel was 11.18 cents.
The cost for the two lowest circulating denominations increased compared to the prior year due to higher material costs and a change in the method of allocation for sales, general, and administrative expenses. In previous years, the Mint allocated SG&A expenses based on gross margins. For the 2011 fiscal year, costs were allocated based on the costs to manufacture, market, and distribute. The new approach conforms to accounting standards and leading commercial and public sector practices.
================================================== ====
In our Primary Republican election, they spent over $25 million dollars to see who they wanted to run for president & they will spend billions for the general election...I find this sad & a waste of money 4-all...

Everyone that wants to run has to sell their souls/principles/integrity to run for office...The special interest group are controlling everyone running like a bunch of puppets
I hope ` We the people, start getting involved in the process 4-Sure...We may survive this madness, but I don't think our children will ? ? ? It's very frustrating 2 me 4-Real Sure...
They are all messing with my dreams, and I've been working hard to make them come true...., but it doesn't look good 2 me... Hey, got a extra penny ? I'll give U 3 cents 4 it

Last edited by Space; 02-16-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I think they should just quit making them. There has to be enough pennies in circulation to keep us going for a while.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM

I honestly think coins are 100% useless... Just make everything at a flat rate! No $500.98, like seriously? just make it $501!!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jwjones
I honestly think coins are 100% useless... Just make everything at a flat rate! No $500.98, like seriously? just make it $501!!

x2

Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Thanks everyone for your fast replies...
I'm just on a rant 2day...Our company accountant just told me how much I have to pay in taxes WoW...

Our President has a plan he will make soon on being able to make the penny cheaper....(2 little to late 4-Sure)

They just keep on making money that we don't have, and whose going to pay 4 it ? ? Not them, or the many other countries that we have been supporting....

I'm just really pizzed....& frustrated...

I am thankful to have a job & good health, but if I keep listening to our World & National news, I will need some mental health treatments....I wonder `if our government will pay 4 it ~> or maybe you will ?

That's all, thanks for reading..."I feel better now"...LOL

My dreams are being tarnished 4-Sure : (

Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM

Space; Washington is F'd up for sure. I just hope that in four years when I run for president there are enough people fed up with the way things are done now that they will elect an independent thinker and someone with no ties to the establishment.

As far as what you said in your opening text. I understand the costs associated with manufacturing and distributing our money. Why on earth would they need to market it. Marketing in my mind means advertising and advertising infers you have a product to sell. Most of the free world is well versed with our money. Who are they trying to sell to. Looks like more corruption to me.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Nothing the gov does anymore makes any sense

Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

If they ran the mint like a real business, they would have stopped making coins a long time ago. That would be 116Million less annually we would have to owe china. Or at least give me the money, i can find a much better use for it then making .. coins...

Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Old people in Kentucky will never let the penny die. They love them some Lincoln, and are allowed to vote.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 PM

replace the change dishes with "take a dollar, leave a dollar"

Quick Reply: ~> How much $ense 2 Make a Penny ? What ?