Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: - WTF - ?

Space,

Once again you are a wealth of information to us car guys/gals.

Thank you fortaking time to not only research this but to post it for us to read over.

(anyone other then me see a Monte in that nascar Impala SS photo?)

Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM

well that was interasting
Thansk Space man. now all i have to do is go find me some cars i like and coem up with the cash for them to build it for me LOL

Old 03-18-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj
Space,

Once again you are a wealth of information to us car guys/gals.

Thank you for taking time to not only research this but to post it for us to read over.

(anyone other then me see a Monte in that nascar Impala SS photo?)
RJ & Mod Mickey, [:-]
You are Welcome...I was happy to read your posts & know that my
post was appreciated. I've learned a lot from members post.
Thank you both for being active/contributing members.
We are fortunate to have a group that shares and helps each other.

[hr]
Here's another find that I thought was sweet.
The front emblem on a 2000-2005 Monte : )
[:-]
I like it : )

Old 03-18-2007, 08:55 PM

Where's The Fun ?
[:-]below [:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]http://www.chevytrader.com/chevy-for-sale-1469.html[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]1973 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for Sale

WHAT A MONTE CARLO! RARE COLOR MIXTURE THAT LOOKS BRAND NEW. 28,000 ORIGINAL MILES. INTERIOR IN EXELLENT CONDITION. RALLY WHEELS AND GREAT RUNNING A/C. FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CALL 800-231-3616
[:-][/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.chevytrader.com/chevy-for-sale-1069.html[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][/align]

Old 03-19-2007, 10:20 AM

[align=center]The V-8 will headline the G8 GT, while base G8s will get the General’s DOHC 3.6-liter V-6 making 261 hp and 250 lb-ft twisting a five-speed automatic. We figure the GT’s combo ought to be good for 0-to-60 runs in less than 5.5 seconds, with the quarter passing in the low 14s at right around 100 mph[/align][align=center]2008 Pontiac G8 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pontiac chases down the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300C with a rear-wheel-drive V-8–powered sedan. Bye-bye, Grand Prix.

Pontiac has been pushing itself as a performance brand for years while peddling not much more than plastic ribs and dual-nostril snouts pasted onto underwhelming Chevrolets. Woo hoo. The 400-hp, rear-wheel-drive GTO was a good start, but looked like everything else on the road all rolled into one large, formless blob. It foundered, died, and may or may not return, depending on whom you ask.

Then Pontiac rolled out the Solstice, a delightfully tossable little treat with oh-my-god good looks and performance to match. We started to pay attention to Pontiac. After all these years, is Pontiac going to try to capture our attention with product, rather than marketing? At the Chicago Auto Show this week, the Poncho crew is doing just that with the G8 GT.

A little extra show for Chicago, but still exciting in the showroom

The G8 GT Pontiac showed in Chicago is not, in fact, exactly what the G8 GT is going to look like when it hits showrooms early in 2008. This car is dolled up with a few SEMA-style tweaks that will not make it into production. For example, if you like the 20-inch wheels, tough nuggets. They won’t make the cut. Ditto for the ride height (production will be about a half-inch higher), the paint color, the hi-po brakes and painted calipers, and most tragically of all, the lovely two-tone leather interior. An available sport package will include alloy pedals and a leather-trimmed steering wheel and shifter, but the leather-wrapped dash is a show-car one-off. So sorry.

On the other hand, take a look at what will make it into production: a 6.0-liter V-8 delivering a 362-horsepower and 391 lb-ft whack to unwitting passengers; a choice between six-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmissions—the manual not available until shortly after launch—and prairie-fire smoke billowing off the rear tires. Some semblance of environmental responsibility will be maintained with cylinder deactivation in low-load situations. The V-8 will headline the G8 GT, while base G8s will get the General’s DOHC 3.6-liter V-6 making 261 hp and 250 lb-ft twisting a five-speed automatic. We figure the GT’s combo ought to be good for 0-to-60 runs in less than 5.5 seconds, with the quarter passing in the low 14s at right around 100 mph. Braking duties will be handled by 12.6-inch rotors clamped by two-piston calipers up front, with single-piston calipers in the rear pinching 12.8-inch rotors. Rotors on base G8s will be about an inch smaller at each end. ABS is standard on all models.

Prices for this rear drive Grand Prix replacement should start just under $25,000 for a base V-6 model, about $27,000 for a bare-bones GT, and into the mid-$30,000 region for a loaded GT.

[/align][align=center]
Chassis and Styling

Based on serious architecture to take down serious opponents

[b]Just as the cost-saving but soul-sapping front-drive architecture is gone, Pontiac is cutting no corners with the G8’s suspension, either. Each wheel of the G8 will be independently suspended, the front end riding on struts and the rear on a

Old 03-19-2007, 12:38 PM

That new Pontiac is hot! Just to put on Cartuning Turbo now and they could have a low 11, high 10 second car on their hands.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice Pontiac and the '73 Monte is beautiful.

But that 4th gen SS sky writer is just plain wrong!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

sexy!
i love this...that would be a car i think i would be inline for

and now this is definetely a better looking front end then the smiling one..i like this

definetely better

Old 03-19-2007, 03:03 PM

Mod Wiz Kidd, I don't know about the SkyRider ? I would have to see it in person
and then drive it : )....The Camaro SS is just a concept (What I think it should be like : )
I really like the concept verson SS, but I'm a dreamer...even when I'm awake : )
[hr]
I would like to see GM-Chevy do a retro on the El Camino
[:-]
[align=center]
Chevy El Camino For Sale in Arizona
Featured El Camino
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really like them What do you think of this one : ) ?[/align][align=center]

Price :
$14,000.00 -

Year:
1968[/align][align=center][align=center][/align][/align][align=center]I really like the bulge in the Hood & the front : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It has a 396 cu inchIs that a good Engine ? AnyOne know ?[/align][align=center]1968 SS Model with automatic
700 R4 Trans New Interio Bucket seats American Racing Wheels Air Conditioning Console On The Floor Power Windows Flowmaster Exhaust Complete New Chassis New Disc Brakes
This car will get the looks and runs great.
[/align][align=center]http://www.chevytrader.com/chevy-for-sale-1113.html[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

now that would be awesome for them to re-make the elcamino...but it has to be rear wheel drive with a v8 in it

i have always loved the elcamino

Quick Reply: ~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~