Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:41 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~

[align=center]Where's The Fun ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The fun is[/align][align=center]Driv'in a Machine U Love![/align][align=center][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][/align][align=center][:-]WTF is That ?[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The N2A 789 combines design elements from different classic Chevrolet models: the 1957, 1958 and 1959 Chevys can be recognized in it. This vehicle is built on a 2005-2007 Corvette C6 chassis, virtually the same chassis that won its class at the 24 hours of LeMans for the past few years and is known in the car world as the best value in a performance chassis ever produced. Named for the three years represented in the overall design, the 789 has the "hooded eyes" and chrome grille bar of a(...)[sm=interesting.gif]I wonder if Member RJ owns one of these[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

2008 Chevrolet Camaro SS

[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

WoW

[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

2009 Chevrolet Chevelle
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In 1978 Chevrolet droped the production of the Chevelle and replace it with the Malibu. In 2009 the Chvelle will be launched again and will be based on the Chevrolet SS (Super Sport) Concept that was unveiled at the 2003 North American International Auto Show that was intended to be a modern version of past SS vehicles, such as the Camaro and Chevelle.
The 2009 Chevrolet Chevelle will be based on the same platform as the 2009 Camaro: the Zeta Lite platform that Chevrolet will share with(...)

[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

Aussie’s Holden Ute is Next Rebadged El Camino?
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[URL=http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/aussie-s-holden-ute-is-next-rebadged-el-camino-ar26919.html][color=#0f679e][size=5]

Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Default RE: - WTF - ?

man tell me it is not so tha tis not the real camaro that they are comming out with is it?
they ruined it!!!
man that bites i thought i was goign to finally own another camaro next to my monte but notif it looks like that. the front end i might beabel to live with the rear end looks nothing liek any of the camaro years the car was produced to look like.

and that first creation i would ahve to see in person i think /. but the photos of it look like some one did a real bad photo chop to geather on it. to me it dont look right.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:09 PM

The side view of the Camaro is way too similar to the Corvette.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:22 PM

looks nothing like the one they said they were going to make. tha t one there is a disapointment to me at least

Old 03-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Here Mickey

General Motors has gone the extra mile to ensure the production 2009 Chevrolet Camaro is as close to the concept version as possible. Rather than using the exact same Zeta platform as the Holden Commodore and Pontiac G8, GM made the front axle centerline on the Camaro about 50mm further forward than on the two sedans, according to Motor Trend.
The expensive change was made to allow the Camaro and Impala to fit 20-inch wheels without compromising steering lock and turning radius. A Holden source told the magazine the car could even fit 24-inch wheels without issue, although that’s not likely to actually happen.

At the Detroit auto show, GM officials again insisted the production Camaro would be very close to the concept; nearly identical, they say. According to the Motor Trend sources, the only visual differences will be a roofline about 3/5ths of an inch higher than concept, and an overall width reduction of about a third of an inch.
In terms of MSRP, GM sources told the magazine a V6 model will retail from $21,000. It will feature a 3.9-liter powerplant with a six speed automatic or manual. It promises to be considerably smoother than the truck-like 4.0-liter V6 under the hood of the base Mustang.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Some info

Insights from Ed Peper (General Manager of Chevy) regarding the production coupe/vert
[hr]

In an interview conducted at the Detroit autoshow, Ed Peper discusses how closely the production camaro will match the concept, and also the possible powertrains:

Autoblog: Let's change gears and talk performance. Obviously, there's Corvette, but let's stay away from that for the moment and focus on the Camaro. You've already mentioned the convertible concept which obviously telegraphs your intent to do a production version.

Ed Peper: Yes.

Autoblog: The styling's been a hit for both the coupe and the convertible. How closely are you looking to match the concept's styling -- especially the interior -- on the production version of the Camaro.

Ed Peper: It's going to be very, very close. I have seen the production coupe, and if you saw the two of them side by side -- the production coupe and the concept coupe we introduced last year -- you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It is very minute. I mean, obviously you have to make some exceptions when translating a concept to production, but it's going to be very, very close. This is not like a wild concept that we come back and can't realistically build the same sort of vehicle for production. No, it is going to be very close.

Autoblog: Have you guys arrived at a final decision for the top powertrain?

Ed Peper: No, not yet. We will have a V8, a couple of V6s -- you know, we'll have a fuel efficient V6 and we'll have a high performing V6 and we will have a high performing V8 but we haven't settled on the engine in that yet.

Autoblog: 500 horsepower appears to be the magic number with the musclecars that the other manufacturers are coming out with, so is that your target?

Ed Peper: Certainly we haven't made a decision yet, but it's in our scheme – it's in our scheme of thoughts, yes.

Autoblog: Is there concern about stepping on the Corvette, power-wise?

Ed Peper: No. Because again, the capabilities of a Corvette are world class. I mean, we are talking about a vehicle that competes in the American Le Mans Series with Aston Martins and all –no, there is no concern because what the Camaro is going to be is what it has always been, which is a really great looking vehicle that will have a muscle car or muscle car set of derivatives with it, but that will also have a fuel efficient version. It's a vehicle that you really, really can drive every single day -- a four seater and so forth, while Corvette is in a class all by itself. It's one of our ultimate brands at the company that just continues to do well. We try to keep the production, you know, in line and not build too many so it keeps a very strong demand. The Z06s are some of the fastest turning vehicles that we have.[/align]

Old 03-17-2007, 11:09 PM

thank you ! Merch, had me worried there. I have had my heart set on getting another camaro for a while now and after i saw the fist "production " concept i was sold, they look and had the feel of the older versions of the 67-69. with hints of other years in there.

Then i saw the above shot of it and was really let down. So what you have showen and wrote here makes me happy agian But i knwo it will remain to be seen as to what actually comes out and what they say will. But i hope they hurry up and do this with otu setting the damed date back another 5 years . this is getting crazy. they need to just get it out so that it wont be so far out of date agian with the crustangs making astatment to wha tthey could be it will be nice to see them have some compition.
we all knwo they cant compete with corvette so the Camaro has to come out to knock them off thier small hill they have created for them selves LOL

Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wonder if Member RJ owns one of these

I think I'll pass on that one.

Has anyone seen the kit to make your Camaro a '57 Chevy?
(if not, you're better off)

Old 03-18-2007, 09:48 AM

[/align]
2008 Chevrolet Camaro SS
CONCEPT

First we have to wait for a production model of. The standard Camaro in 2008 or 2009.But this pictures caught your eyes, am I right? Many of you will spend nights and days to dream of this car, maybe in secret you will save up some money and you will tell your wife that you want a 7 seats-van for your kids and for your dog. This pics are desired to make a impression of how the sport version of a future Camaro should look. The old model has a top version named SS. Chevrolet is definitely(...)

Posted on 02.16.2007 19:00 by Blas Nicusor
Filed in: Chevrolet | coupe | supercars | chevrolet Camaro | muscle cars
[/align][/align][/align]

1970 - 1981 Chevrolet Camaro[/align]

Chevrolet released the second generation Camaro halfway through the 1970 model year. This generation would last over 12 years and would see the once mighty Camaro become strangled by crash and emission standards. Still based on the F-body platform, the new Camaro was engineered much like its predecessor in that it still used a unibody structure with a front subframe, leaf springs in the back and A-arms up front for suspension. Most of the engine were also used in the first generation. The(...)[/align]

Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 AM

[align=center]n2a Brings Classic American Cars Back to Life [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One of the finer aspects of motoring is getting behind the wheel of a classiccar. Aside from being the direct relatives of modern automobiles, classic cars often evoke fond memories of years past. But one of the biggest problems about classic car is that they’re just not new vehicles. Any car old enough to be considered a classic needs to be under constant attention; parts wear out or break down, they overheat, don’t steer, brake or handle as well as their modern counterparts. To some, maintaining a classic is a labor of love, but for others it’s a nightmare. That’s where companies like n2a come into play.

n2a (no two alike) is a US-based custom car maker that takes the iconic designs of retro American vehicles, and brings them up to date by building them on modern GM sports and performance cars. Their best known product is the 789, which looks like a cross between a1950s Chevrolet Bel Air coupe, and an early 1960s Chevrolet Impala. The detailing is absolutely fantastic; the headlamps look to be accurate to spec, as do the rubber-tipped bumpers, tail fins, chrome garnish and almond sliver tail lights. But behind this beautiful retro look is a truly modern sports car. There are a couple of little clues that give away the vehicle’s true identity, such as the side-view mirrors, cornering lights and the bucket seats, not to mention the windshield. Indeed, the 789 is based on the modern Corvette! For the curious, 789 stands for the final digit in the years that inspired the design: 1957, 1958, 1959. n2a suggests that a turnkey 789 would cost around $135,000, but there’s much more in the works for n2a than just the 789. These creative geniuses have planned out two future vehicles that are currently in the process of development.

The first is the Wildcat, which shares the name with thelarge but sporting Buick of the 1960s. There’s one primary difference, being that neither the styling nor the size of the n2a Wildcat really resembles the full-size, boxy proportions of the original. Instead, what they’ve done is rebodied a Kappa-platform GM sports car (Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky) with the curves, grille, headlamps and paintwork that would seem more appropriate adorning a ‘50s Buick Eight. The interior is also significantly different than the stock machine. With a straightforward dash garnished with chrome, and a classic style clock it bears absolutely no resemblance to its donor car. It might seem a little inappropriate for a car with such classic Buick styling that even includes Ventiports to be powered by a little puttering inline-four, which is why the Wildcat will be available with V8 power at the buyer’s request.

The second is a new project called the 5-to-1, but very little is known about it aside from a couple of sketches and a few scale models. Judging by the design, the 5-to-1 seems to be another 1950s-inspired Chevy, but it looks to be smaller than the 789. We’ll bring you more info on both when the Wildcat and 5-to-1 are completed.
[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

2007 NASCAR Chevrolet Impala SS[/align]

[b]The winds of change are blowing at gale force in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series. The imminent debut of the Chevrolet Impala SS "Car of Tomorrow" and the impending introduction of GM Racing’s all-new R07 small-block V-8 racing engine are signposts that point the way to a new direction in technology in Americ

Quick Reply: ~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~