Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~~ 4th of July Independence Day ~~

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~~ 4th of July Independence Day ~~

[align=center] [align=center]Independence Day Celebrates[/align][align=center]the Birthday of the [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]United States[/align][align=center]of America. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Founded July 4th 1776, with the signing of the [/align][align=center]Declaration of Independence.[/align][align=center]America is celebrating it's 231st Birthday this year.[/align][align=center][/align]

[:-]Click below link to hear & read about Independence Day [:-] [align=center][align=center]http://www.holidays.net/independence/story.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The MCF & `Space Wish all the Members[/align][align=center]a Safe & Happy 4th of July[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]EnJoy the Birthday of the USA[/align][align=center][/align][/align]
[/align]

Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: ~~ 4th of July Independence Day ~~

here's an early happy july 4th

and watch out for space's family comin to get him

Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 AM

Thanks Mod `Wiz Kidd for your post
from Canada to the USA
Those are some awesome pictures you posted : )
~ United we Stand, Divided we Fall ~
Weare allfrom the Same Planet Earth
Aren't We ?
I wish Peace for Planet Earth,
`amen
`Space/Beach Gang

Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 AM

x2 what space said.

No seriously tho, have a great Independance Day down there!

Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 AM

yup, im gonna have a nice illegal party over here

Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 AM

For some strage reason I feel like jumping the border for a day or so..

Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

On this 4th of July holiday, we obviously remember the men and women in harms way along with past generations who served the same purpose.

Click on picture below to get an insiders view of our people. Michael Yon is considered the top insider blogger in Iraq and the most honest. Have a good read:

Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM

[align=center]There is such a high price to pay for Freedom : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]GP `Dave, reading your posted article on the reality[/align][align=center]of war is more depressing then the World News I attempt[/align][align=center]to comprehend. I try to understand our involvement &[/align][align=center]have many questions of our governments involvement.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Personally, I believe that we should take care of the major[/align][align=center]problems in our country before we go to others and[/align][align=center]try to correct their problems.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think I should have my own house in order, before I go[/align][align=center]over to my neighbors & tell them how to live.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am thankful that the USA doesn't have the draft & that I have[/align][align=center]the opportunity to go to college & get a education.[/align][align=center]I do respect our troops & I do pray for their safety.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish our country could win the war on crime, I wish [/align][align=center]our country would take care of all the veteran's, I wish[/align][align=center]our country would provide health care to all.[/align][align=center]I do wish a lot.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I work, I obey the laws and I pay my taxes. I don't purposely[/align][align=center]hurt myself or others, but I will defend myself &[/align][align=center]do everything in my powers to stop the hurt to others.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We are so blessed, but our Constitution starts out[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"We the People",[/align][align=center]but it seems like many American'shave changed it to[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Me the People"[/align][align=center]and theyjust seems to take & don't give anythingback.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I shall continue to hope & pray for a better Peaceful [/align][align=center]World for all the people, & the ones I love.[/align][align=center]`amen[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I will fight to protect our country & it's people[/align]

Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Space, I've read your post and appreciate your comments.

Some real good people may not like the war or any war, but they are respectful by not being an activist about it (like yourself).

The saying "United we stand and divided we fall" is more true now than ever and much of the activism is hurting the effort as it did in Viet Nam.

There is a horrible cancer on this planet that wants to kill or convert, you, me, our families and friends. With the events in the U.K., that cancer even reaches the upper classes of that culture.

I personally believe thatit is not a "war on terror," but "terror's war against us."

I personally believe that is is not a "war on crime," but "crime's war against us."

I personally believe that it is not a "war against drugs," but "drugs war against our person."

I believe that if we teach future generations this different thought pattern, maybe future generation could generate better ideas for an offensive against these enemies.

The best defense is a great offense.

Happy Birthday USA!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:49 PM

I do recall american army general whom was being interviewed by the media at that time.. The reporter asked a simple question,

"So you think you could forgive the taliban for the crimes they have committed?"

The general simply smiled and said, "Miss, I belive forgiving them is god's function, our function is to simply arrange the meeting."

something i learned when I was in afganistan, was the US army is the devoted, dedicated, and has our back 100% over there. Now the Air force however.. lol

Enjoy Independance day, youve all earned it.

Quick Reply: ~~ 4th of July Independence Day ~~